Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct
Aerial photo of Kirkman Rd extension road work reaching the Epic Universe fence line.Tunnel is for the private perimeter road of the park. Above the tunnel will be guest access of the in-park resort.
1699998718016.png

Aerial photo of the new Sand Lake Rd overpass of Kirkman Rd.At top is Epic Universe Team Member parking. Now in use by construction workers.
1699998741100.png

Aerial photo of the dome at center of Epic Universe. Panels are being added for the roof.
1699998776467.png

Aerial overview of the construction of Epic Universe.Dark Universe, classic monsters land, upper left in a shadow.
1699998798806.png

Aerial photo showing construction of a chain of water features through the center of Epic Universe.
1699998824524.png

Aerial photo of the first roof panels added to the Epic Universe dome. Believed to be for Celestial Carousel.
1699998854162.png

Time to leave Epic Universe. Another aerial update another time.
1699998889982.png

Aerial photo of work in progress on the Epic Universe in-park resort.
Aerial photo showing work has started for adding roof panels to the dome at center of Epic Universe.
1699998964003.png
Aerial photo of an Epic Universe water side restaurant.Tiny arrows at left at circular outlines. Elaborate patterns were seen in this water feature site before buried in sand.Right arrow at a developing area. A semicircle can be seen.
1699998988643.png
Aerial look at what is believed to be a BBQ restaurant in Epic Universe.1 Chimney for a likely central show kitchen2 An additional chimney in progress. Notice outline below.
1699999012213.png

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct
Aerial peek inside Super Nintendo World at Epic Universe
1699999065687.png

Aerial overview of the Donkey Kong roller coaster in Epic Universe.
1699999088080.png

In this aerial photo of the Epic Universe water side restaurant1 Underground kitchen, with supplemental AC for construction comfort2 A peek inside the dining area3 Prep for a concrete pour. Elaborate patterns seen here before buried in sand.4 A developing area
1699999117341.png

Aerial photo of the show fountain of Epic Universe.
1699999143308.png

Aerial look at construction of Epic Universe.
1699999166954.png

Aerial photo of the Epic Universe in-park resort tower.
1699999196690.png

Aerial photo of the in-park resort tower at Epic Universe.At night time show could be fireworks launched from the peninsula, rising above projections on the tower. Synchronized with the large fountain.
1699999226610.png

Aerial photo of the dome and fountain in center of Epic Universe.The dome is believed to be for Celestial Carousel. Work on roof panels has started.
1699999253860.png

Aerial photo of How To Train Your Dragon land, and the chain of water features through Epic Universe.
1699999317916.png

Aerial photo of work in a courtyard of Super Nintendo World in Epic Universe.
1699999362602.png

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct
Aerial overview of what is believed to be Celestial Carousel in Epic Universe. The half circle is a splash pad or play fountain. The water feature at base of the dome to have a curved line of fountains.Arrow at the section with the first roof panels of the dome.
1699999447295.png

Aerial photo of the back sections of the Epic Universe dual-racing roller coaster. Arrows at boom lifts using the maintenance paths.
1699999471445.png

Aerial overview of current development in Epic Universe.
1699999496885.png

Aerial photo of construction of the pool and outdoor recreation of the Epic Universe in-park resort.
1699999531350.png

Aerial photo of current height of the Epic Universe in-park resort tower. Lobby extension at right has a fresh pour of concrete for the roof.
1699999557038.png

Aerial overview of the Epic Universe dual-racing roller coaster.
1699999585282.png

Aerial overview of a Harry Potter related land in Epic Universe. A land with full size streets of Paris.
1699999667014.png

Aerial overview of Epic Universe construction.
1699999695551.png

Much to see in this aerial photo of the front of How to Train Your Dragon land, and the Epic Universe dual-racing coaster.1 Work on a Viking ship mast2 Gateway recently added at a bridge3 Poles recently added for the boat ride station.
1699999726178.png

Aerial overview of the front of Epic Universe.
1699999839081.png

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Aerial photo of two massive warehouses North of Epic Universe. Located along Sand Lake Rd.Bottom left is the chilled water plant for the park. A form of AC.
1699999885357.png

Aerial overview of the front of Epic Universe.
1699999913817.png

A nearly straight-down aerial look at center of Epic Universe. Park entrance and day guest parking at right
1699999937940.png

Aerial photo of circular concrete forms in progress for a patterned walkway at entrance of the Epic Universe dual-racing roller coaster.
1699999967988.png

Aerial photo looking across Epic Universe. From the park's portal or gateway construction at bottom right, to the dual-racing roller coaster also at right.At left are shorelines of the chain of water features through the park.
1699999992076.png

Aerial overview of Epic Universe Nov 10, 2023• Scaffolding coming down at Manor tower• Meade Hall topped off in How To Train Your Dragon land• Stylized trees placed in Dragon boat ride• Patterned concrete starting at dual-racing coaster entrance• First dome roof panel
1700000038935.png

Aerial photo of a building in progress near the Epic Universe show fountain.
1700000086375.png

In this aerial of Epic Universe1 Shop entrance2 Walls around a service area behind a kiosk3 Worker break tent4 Steadily shrinking pile of dirt. An expansion pad.5 Circular feature for a fountain or garden
1700000118766.png

Nearly every facade is covered in scaffolding in the Harry Potter related land in Epic Universe.At center of this aerial photo is a courtyard with rising scaffolding.
1700000280419.png

Aerial peek through the scaffolding of the Harry Potter related land in Epic Universe. Arrow at what might be the entrance to the featured attraction. Believed to be a Ministry of Magic.
1700000305443.png

trr1

https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct
bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Aerial look at a section of the full size Paris streets in Epic Universe. A Harry Potter related land.Tower at right will be themed as turrets of Sacré-Cœur Basilica. A skyline background element.Arrow at barriers directing large equipment through a doorway in the facade.
1700000372023.png

Aerial photo of the roller coaster station in How To Train Your Dragon land.In background, workers are doing maintenance on the Epic Universe dual-racing roller coaster.
1700000393922.png

Aerial photo of construction staging South and East of Epic Universe. Eventually the East area, across the street, becomes day guest parking.Arrow at beautiful half circle of patterned concrete. This area is where theming models and pavement tests are made.
1700000446679.png

Aerial photo of Epic Universe expansion areas and Back of House North of the park.Team Member parking at top center, along Sand Lake Rd
1700000478634.png

At center of this aerial photo will be the pool and outdoor recreation of the Epic Universe in-park resort.At right is Dark Universe or classic monsters land.
1700000499018.png

Aerial look construction of the portal gateway of Epic Universe. A water feature is being constructed in the excavation.
1700000545412.png

Aerial photo of the entrance of Epic Universe.At top are wood forms to make a half-circle portal into the park.A water feature is under construction in the excavation in foreground.
1700000569448.png

Aerial photo of the entrance of Epic Universe. Admission sales at the dome. Security and admissions under the sloped roofs at left.
1700000599588.png

puckett26

This park is going to be amazing. Universal is certainly taking the theme park competition seriously. I am torn between Nintendoland and the Classic Monsters being the lands that I am most excited about, but I think the nod goes to monsters for me. Although this will never happen, I would absolutely have loved to see the following attraction.

I loved and miss Alien Encounter. It was one of the the most intense and truly unique attractions that I have ever experienced. The Wolfman remake had a scene where Lawrence was on trial, and to prove he was the Wolfman, they strapped him in to a chair in a "courtroom" under the full moon. The room watches him transform, he breaks free, and wreaks absolute havoc on the room. I would have absolutely loved it if Universal "borrowed" the Alien Encounter theater and implemented this scene with the Wolfman breaking free and terrorizing the theater for 5 minutes. Oh well, one can dream.

Progress on the park looks amazing.

TalkToEthan

I would absolutely have loved to see the following attraction.

First things first:
Thank you for using appropriate nomenclature(“attraction”).

You have a great idea. I’d have that as the centerpiece to Monsters Land if I were a decision maker and the idea were pitched to me early on. It would have been way better than what Wolfman is destined to be. Expect Wolf coaster —-compared to a Hagrid/Mummy/Donkey Kong/Gringotts anyway—- to be one workaday ride, nothing special.

wdwfan4ver

I wonder about the creature from.black lagoon boat ride expansion?
I think it would be long time before that Creature from Black Lagoon boat ride expansion happens unless something happens behind the scenes.

I do know Creature from the Black Lagoon is not one of the first 2 expansions for Epic Universe based on what I heard on Theme park stop's podcast that was posted on their youtube channel earlier today. I am saying that due to name of the 2 lands and the nature the first 2 expansions of the park.

The first Epic Universe expansion is opening in 2026 with it be an expensive dining experience called The Great Hall. That Dining Experience is supposed to take up a small amount of the Harry Potter Expansion Plot according to that podcast. I called it expensive because that upcharge Dining experience is rumored to be $150.00 per person.

It sounds like Super Nintendo World will have the first ride expansion for Epic Universe, but it is only in planning stages right now. That podcast claims the Super Nintendo World Ride Expansion would open in 2028 or 2029. The IOA Zelda opening time frame seems to be 2027 according to the podcast.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Before someone dismisses the podcast that theme park stop has, here it is:

Potter talked about starting 21.44 to 32:40. Potter Dinner Experience started talking about at 25:19 to 32:40. Super Nintendo World expansion talk starts at 32:40 and ends around 33:24.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

The Great Hall was once upon a time part of the opening day lineup. It should not need to use the primary expansion space or the space vacated by the second ride.

While the floo network offers an in-world explanation for getting between places, it really is something that would just make so much more sense at Islands of Adventure.

Animaniac93-98

The Great Hall was once upon a time part of the opening day lineup. It should not need to use the primary expansion space or the space vacated by the second ride.

While the floo network offers an in-world explanation for getting between places, it really is something that would just make so much more sense at Islands of Adventure.

It makes no sense to have the Hogwarts Castle ride and Hogwarts Castle restaurant in two different parks.

There are other options for Harry Potter restaurants if they want to build one for EPIC.

Andrew25

It makes no sense to have the Hogwarts Castle ride and Hogwarts Castle restaurant in two different parks.

There are other options for Harry Potter restaurants if they want to build one for EPIC.

It doesn't make sense... but they don't have space at IOA to build it unless they make some major changes. They could theoretically remove Pizza Predatoria, but that's a very small space for such a large venue.

lazyboy97o

It doesn't make sense... but they don't have space at IOA to build it unless they make some major changes. They could theoretically remove Pizza Predatoria, but that's a very small space for such a large venue.
Reworking Pizza Predatoria is the sort of efficiency that is going to be needed at the North Campus. Build a bigger kitchen that can support the new venue and have the new dining on the second floor. Then rework part of the Forbidden Journey queue to have people walk up along the outdoor queue and enter the castle complex from a new entry.

Andrew25

Reworking Pizza Predatoria is the sort of efficiency that is going to be needed at the North Campus. Build a bigger kitchen that can support the new venue and have the new dining on the second floor. Then rework part of the Forbidden Journey queue to have people walk up along the outdoor queue and enter the castle complex from a new entry.
Oh they could absolutely do that, they should, but I don't think Universal is interested in spending that kind of money to redo parts of Hogsmeade/Jurassic to accommodate that when they can just build it on an empty plot of land at Epic Universe lol

ToTBellHop

If we will just Disapparate from Paris to London for the ride, I guess we can Disapparate from Paris to anywhere. Except anywhere in Hogwarts if we follow the novels but they need not let that small detail stop them. Maybe Hogwarts is allowing Muggle tour groups to offset lawsuit expenses from all of the student Splinching injuries.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom