Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct
Aerial photo of the current state of a copy of Porte Saint-Denis. Seen by guests after the portal to a Harry Potter related land in Epic Universe.
1696276442109.png

Aerial overview of the entrance of Epic Universe. At center of the photo is work so far on the colonnade gateway of the park
1696276467059.png

Aerial overview of Epic Universe on Sep 29, 2023- both reach cars seen at Donkey Kong- seating added to the Dragon spinning rides- stone work seen well at classic monsters manor tower- wiring for admission podiums in Harry Potter land portal
1696276533006.png

Aerial look at the in-park hotel of Epic Universe.Arrow at a section of the columns being cast at ground level.
1696276558933.png

Aerial look at the portal of Super Nintendo World.Nearby buildings are getting theming. They are believed to be Nintendo shop and cafe, outside of the land, and in the central corridor of Epic Universe.
1696276594506.png

Aerial overview of the Donkey Kong roller coaster in Epic Universe. Arrows at both reach test cars, which assure a guest can't touch anything along the ride.
1696276618825.png

Aerial look at construction of the Epic Universe entrance. At center are columns so far for the gateway arch.The octagon is a waterside restaurant, currently covered in scrims. Guests will enter at 1, which is above the kitchen. Dining is a level below, at 2.
1696276717742.png

Aerial photo of work on one side of the gateway to Epic Universe.
1696276782401.png

Aerial look at work so far at the Epic Universe entrance. At center are concrete forms for a water feature. The octagon is a waterside restaurant, currently covered in scrims.
1696276806621.png

Aerial overview of a pair of Universal Orlando resorts South of Epic Universe.
1696276846287.png

trr1

https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct
bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Aerial look at construction of the pool and outdoor recreation of a Universal Orlando resort South of Epic Universe.Colorful reflective tiles are wrapping around the building.
1696276904351.png

Aerial overview of the Epic Universe entrance. Concrete forms for a water feature are at center of this photo. The octagon building is a waterside restaurant.
1696276941389.png

In this aerial photo of the Epic Universe entrance1 Themed roof painting2,3 Likely locations of the themed roofs4 Likely VIP room5 Work underway for the center spans of the signature gateway of the park6 Excavation for a water feature
1696276971051.png

Aerial overview of the Epic Universe in-park hotel site. Parking garage exclusive to hotel guests. At top right will be the tropical pool and outdoor recreation.
1696277039226.png

Aerial look inside the multilevel Super Nintendo World at Epic Universe.
1696277100417.png

Aerial look at center, top to bottom, of what will be Back of House between How To Train Your Dragon land and the Epic Universe entrance.
1696277161110.png

Aerial look at colorful reflective tiles wrapping around a Universal Orlando resort South of Epic Universe.
1696277191690.png

Aerial overview of Dark Universe.At right is the in-park hotel of Epic Universe. Tropical pool and outdoor recreation will be near the large show building. Top center of this photo.
1696277253997.png

build_it

Anyone know what this wall is for? Looks like the start of a building, but placement seems odd as it’s directly in front of the portal?
IMG_4397.jpeg

Mike S

Aerial look at the portal of Super Nintendo World.Nearby buildings are getting theming. They are believed to be Nintendo shop and cafe, outside of the land, and in the central corridor of Epic Universe.
View attachment 746375
A separate Nintendo store just outside the land? Color me intrigued. I wonder if it’ll be like the store in New York but I would think something like that would fit better in CityWalk.

Disneyhead'71

There's a bunch of buildings between the Potter Portal and the hub circular pools...

View attachment 746439

According to permits (per Alicia), that table service was cut and replaced by a quick service. But what they are building there doesn't match those newer plans either. Personally, I am hoping it's a wine bar version of Duff Gardens. "Celestial Gardens Winery".

Meteor Buger, (the space themed building to the right in that pic) was also cut, although the restrooms survived.

A separate Nintendo store just outside the land? Color me intrigued. I wonder if it’ll be like the store in New York but I would think something like that would fit better in CityWalk.

It is for when Super Nintendo World is inaccessible, ie: closed to capacity, corporate buy-out, or after park hours when the hub is still open for dining and shopping.

Last edited:

Andrew25

The "open hub" concept seems to have died off, but the new Facial Rec tech they're implementing is a great way to limit capacity at some of the lands by blocking the entrance and allowing guests to visit other areas of the park without waiting in a queue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom