Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

tommyhawkins

i just hope watev universal does, they go big with nintendoland because the one being built in CA looks very underwhelming to say the least imo. Also I hope there monsters themed land is epic as well, cause they arent doing anything with those IPs at the moment.
The MarioKart show buildings are all the same size, however Epic Universe SNW is around 25-30% larger than Hollywood's, which i believe doesnt include Yoshi ride.

tommyhawkins

Universal Studios Hollywood is getting the reduced size version to fit into a smaller space (Singapore’s may end up even smaller). Universal Studios Japan and Epic Universe should have nearly identical lands.

Completely excluding DK

Epic is still considerably larger than Japan's which obviously has Yoshi too

Larger as in including the Donkey Kong expansion, or larger because it will indeed have Yoshi?

JT3000

Why would our Mario area be larger than Japan's if they have the same attractions? Am I missing something? Because I think we've all been under the impression they'd share roughly the same layout, similar to Hogsmeade. Now I'm curious about the Donkey Kong areas.

Last edited:

tommyhawkins

Why would our Mario area be larger than Japan's if they have the same attractions? Am I missing something? Because I think we've all been under the impression they'd share roughly the same layout, similar to Hogsmeade. Now I'm curious about the Donkey Kong areas.
Because the layouts are not the same, they have the same looks. Japan's MK building is rotated 90degrees from EU and Hollywood. They might have same features but there's scope for more of something maybe additional shop or food places or even additional interactive areas. DK will be no different as it's just a ride and one other small thing. I've already a super rough mockup of this ride on my YT

trr1

Universal Studios Hollywood is getting the reduced size version to fit into a smaller space (Singapore’s may end up even smaller). Universal Studios Japan and Epic Universe should have nearly identical lands.
Tommy Hawkins

@tommyhawkins

#EpicUniverse Super Nintendo World sizes: Universal Studios Hollywood ~65,000 Square Feet Universal Studios Japan ~ 76,000 Square Ft Epic Universe ~96,000 Sq Feet This is excludes Donkey Kong, and the MarioKart buildings as they are same size with different configurations

4:20 PM · Jun 13, 2021

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

21h
Aerial look a drilling rig and other site prep for Nintendo land in Universal's Epic Universe. Circular area top right to be fountain in front of the in-park hotel.
1641849015093.png

Aerial look at site of Nintendo land of Universal's Epic Universe. A drilling rig is at left.
1641849063661.png

Aerial look at a service area of Universal's Epic Universe. Sand Lake Rd at right. Construction parking at first, then for Team Members. This area also to have warehouses and offices supporting all of Universal Orlando Resort.
1641849124362.png

21h
Aerial look at the chilled water plant of Universal's Epic Universe. An efficient form of central air conditioning. Construction of the small building nearby started last month.
1641849174219.png

Aerial look at fresh sand graded at one of the lands of Universal's Epic Universe.

1641849204989.png
Aerial overview of Universal's Epic Universe. Construction activity continues to grow. Fresh sand placed at left, with a drilling rig nearby. First theme park concrete forms at right of a large excavation, at right. Circle at center for a fountain show at in-park hotel.
1641849624126.png
Aerial look at large excavation in site of Universal's Epic Universe. At right, the first concreted forms inside the theme park itself.
1641849673731.png

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct
22h

Bottom arrow of this aerial at a traffic circle. Either side is work on a road connecting Kirkman Rd (out of frame, left) with parking for Universal's Epic Universe (top right arrow). Paved road currently seen as "Public Rd" from Destination Pwy. Left arrow center of park
1641849778273.png

Running along top of this aerial is work on the Kirkman Rd extension to Universal Blvd (left). Bottom left arrow at work on a road leading to parking. Center arrow at about center of Universal's Epic Universe.
1641849808198.png

Aerial look at site prep of lands in Universal's Epic Universe. Left arrow at a drilling rig. Center arrow at about center of the theme park. Circular site nearby likely to be a fountain show in front of the in park hotel. Right arrow at first concrete forms inside the park.
1641849836757.png

Aerial look at a drilling rig in Universal's Epic Universe.
1641849860803.png

Aerial look at a large excavation at Universal's Epic Universe. Notice the concrete forms -- first such work inside the theme park site.
1641849898913.png

Aerial overview of site prep for Universal's Epic Universe theme park lands. At about center of this photo is a pole that is about center of the park. Taller and farther away is a drilling rig.
1641849932209.png
Aerial look at site prep at Universal's Epic Universe. The circular area likely to be a fountain show in front of the in park hotel. At center, with the drilling rig, is believed to be Nintendo land. Area with fresh sand top right is newest grading work.
1641849982206.png
Aerial overview of Universal's Epic Universe.
1641850035794.png

J4546

when i look at the blueprints for EU It looks like theres 4 major themed lands. Nintendo, Monsters, Train your Dragon, and Fantastic Beasts, along with other areas like the central spine and space themed coaster. NintendoLand is getting mariokart and DK coaster as well as the yoshi omnimover, so 2 major rides and a small one. MonstersLand looks like 1 major ride, Fantstic Beasts has 2 unknown rides so Im guessing 1 big one and 1 smaller. You got the space themed coasters thats a major one, DragonLand has a coaster that will prob be for kids and a couple small kids rides, and the main central area looks to have a carousel or something. The monsters, fantastic beasts, and dragon areas all have shows as well. I also counted 12 places to eat.

So in total, this park (phase 1 at least) will have 5-6 major rides (2 of them being coasters) 8 small rides, 3 stage shows and 12 restaurants. Thats a pretty solid park. Cant wait to check it out in a few years, Im most excited for Monsters area, but it looks like the how to train your dragon area will be the biggest upon opening

trr1

when i look at the blueprints for EU It looks like theres 4 major themed lands. Nintendo, Monsters, Train your Dragon, and Fantastic Beasts, along with other areas like the central spine and space themed coaster. NintendoLand is getting mariokart and DK coaster as well as the yoshi omnimover, so 2 major rides and a small one. MonstersLand looks like 1 major ride, Fantstic Beasts has 2 unknown rides so Im guessing 1 big one and 1 smaller. You got the space themed coasters thats a major one, DragonLand has a coaster that will prob be for kids and a couple small kids rides, and the main central area looks to have a carousel or something. The monsters, fantastic beasts, and dragon areas all have shows as well. I also counted 12 places to eat.

So in total, this park (phase 1 at least) will have 5-6 major rides (2 of them being coasters) 8 small rides, 3 stage shows and 12 restaurants. Thats a pretty solid park. Cant wait to check it out in a few years, Im most excited for Monsters area, but it looks like the how to train your dragon area will be the biggest upon opening
found here
1642025507714.png

The attraction that was originally planned to be set within the French Ministry is rumored to have been cut from Epic Universe, (seen in green in the map graphic above). This would’ve been a Virtual Reality ride where we could pilot our very own flying broomstick. It was rumored to have been designed similarly to The Twilight Saga: Midnight Ride at Lionsgate Entertainment World, the world’s first high capacity VR attraction.

It’s rumored that this attraction will still be built, but now it will be located next door to Diagon Alley, replacing the now closed Fear Factor Live show at Universal Studios Florida. It will most certainly no longer be themed as the French Ministry however, now that it will be set within London, but the attraction itself is expected to be essentially the same experience.

1642024508902.png

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom