Universal adds fuel rod

seascape

Original Poster
Great news. Universal is adding fuel rods to the orlando parks. Now we will be able to trade our fuel rods at Universal and not have to worry about being without cell phone power.

lebeau

They charge $3 for a swap.

You can buy a better portable battery for less. I ordered a RavPower on Amazon that can charge all our phones all day long without needing to be swapped out.

lebeau

Then they need to find a way to have a free exchange but for $30 I'll buy my own battery. This is like in park sunglasses and flip flops. I can get them for much less elsewhere.

Agreed. Even with free exchanges, FuelRods are a bad deal. And yet, people love them. If Universal can sucker people into paying $3 per swap after that, more power to them. If people don't bite, I imagine they will drop the price to $1 to match the Orlando airport.

Tom Morrow

Yeah, for half the price you can get power banks that can charge your phone completely multiple times. Now, the convenience of instantly swapping for a fully charged pack when you're on the go, I can see the appeal, but not with an additional fee for each swap.

trr1

Yes it is. Anyone know the upfront cost vs WDW? Are they the same?

upfront cost seem the same. to swap at WDW its free as of this posting where USO charges $3

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom