Universal 3rd park survey

Jason1980

Original Poster
I received an interesting survey from Universal this afternoon where I was asked a series of questions in relation to my opinions on a new park. The survey asked about the types of rides/shows/attractions/meet&greets etc I'd like to see. There was nothing specific relating to specific IP's, it was more general around thrill rides, immersive rides, story based attractions, level of theming, food offerings, merchandise etc.

It asked you to compare similarities between a Universal and nearby competitors.

It was interesting as it asked me to design a park with 3 lands. Each land could have 5 attractions and you had to choose if they were to be a roller coaster, dark ride, simulator, hybrid, spinner, show, meet and greet. Then you had to choose who each was for, adults, families or kids. Lastly you chose if it is to be a thrill ride, story based, immersive and a few other options I don't remember.

Anyone else seen it and anyone else have any thoughts/ideas? Even if the survey isn't for a 3rd park it's still great to see Universal might continue with further investment into the Orlando parks.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Wow very cool... they wouldn't be asking you these questions if they were serious about a 3rd park. I wonder where it would go? I know Wet n' wild is closing but I thought I read it was a small piece of land that only a hotel/resort could fit on.

cba

If it's to remain confidential that's fine, and I know it didn't talk about specific IP's, but did they hint at some sort of overall theme? Like the rumored video game theme park?

JT3000

They don't want it to be kept confidential. They put this stuff out there on purpose. However, much of these surveys basically just amount to fake rumors started by them. The hard part is figuring out what has a glimmer of truth and what doesn't.

Jason1980

Original Poster
If it's to remain confidential that's fine, and I know it didn't talk about specific IP's, but did they hint at some sort of overall theme? Like the rumored video game theme park?

No there were no hints relating to the video game theme or any theme. I only completed it as I hoped it might shed a little light but it was a bit disappointing to be honest.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Comcast has loads of money, much more than the previous regimes. Do remember that they just announced they're adding 400 more rooms to Cabana Bay in two towers.

Rob562

Also, Universal surveys aren't just open to everyone. Each person who gets a survey is sent a unique link. Once you've answered it, you can't get back into it. (Pretty much all targeted surveys operate like this)

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom