Universal’s 4th Gate possible lands

Tank Man

Original Poster
That I have seen,
To me it felt like it was made to be a joke (but is a funny one) I don’t know if it was made by Universal or if it was a Spiritual Successor. Sharknado was bad in the funny way anyways.

Brer Panther

Is it okay that I'm posting in this thread when I've never been to Universal Orlando? Anyway...

This has been a long running rumor and Theme Park Stop has more info on this but I am going to talk about the possible lands of the rumored to be named park “Fantastic Worlds”
Universals 4th gate possible lands
It is actually there third park but they count Volcano Bay as a gate so the next park will be their third but they will call it their fourth and it will be located South-East of the rest of the resort. Super Nintendo World we know is coming to the park
picture
Star Trek
This land would most likely be made to combat Disney’s Star Wars land but I highly doubt they could do a land off of this because it will be second to SWL anyways just like how Star Trek has been for a long time and a lot of the rides would have to feature screens and screen rides are starting to become really cheap and unimpressive unless it is like MF: SR. It could feature a ride where you and a few others operate a Star Trek ship. Not possible and I don’t believe this
Harry Potter/ Fantastic Beasts
Very possible because the boy who lived has been a huge success for Universal in the parks so expect this and it may feature the new series Fantastic Beasts and I see how this can work
Lord of the Rings
I don’t know, I have never read or seen LotR so I don’t know how it can work but LotR could make a comeback through a land and it is a beloved franchise.
Universal Classic Monsters
Possible but I don’t think this has anything to do with relevancy because mostly everyone knows who Frankenstein or Dracula is and they could use that to make a land that could stand the rest of time with adventures through haunted forests and Dracula’s castle. Also this area would be cool during Halloween Horror Nights. They had a lot of possibilities here.

I do know that DreamWorks has a possibilities and I know we are going to see that so I am not addressing it
I could see them doing Lord of the Rings. Harry Potter's probably a definite, since it's that franchise that boosted Universal's popularity and they're still not through adding on to the Harry Potter stuff in the parks. Dunno about Star Trek, but who knows? Classic Monsters would be cool, too. As for DreamWorks, I could see that in there... not sure which franchise(s), though. If I had to guess, I'd say How to Train Your Dragon and MAAAAAAAAAAAAYBE Kung Fu Panda and Madagascar, but that's just me.

I think Universal should build some attractions based on the characters available due to its purchase of Classic Media. And one character I think it should focus on is Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Rudolph is truly evergreen, has incredible staying power, is instantly recognizable to every demographic out there, and a ride with a Christmas/snow/ice/North Pole theme in Florida would be tremendously popular (think of the fun architecture possibilities alone, with icicles and snow on the roofs, a la Hogsmeade). Maybe the attraction could even have occasional snowfall - that would be awesome! A Rudolph ride would be a slam-dunk. If folks from Universal read this forum, please consider this idea! It's a winner!
I still think this is a great idea.

Tank Man

Original Poster
Is it okay that I'm posting in this thread when I've never been to Universal Orlando? Anyway...

I could see them doing Lord of the Rings. Harry Potter's probably a definite, since it's that franchise that boosted Universal's popularity and they're still not through adding on to the Harry Potter stuff in the parks. Dunno about Star Trek, but who knows? Classic Monsters would be cool, too. As for DreamWorks, I could see that in there... not sure which franchise(s), though. If I had to guess, I'd say How to Train Your Dragon and MAAAAAAAAAAAAYBE Kung Fu Panda and Madagascar, but that's just me.

I still think this is a great idea.
I have only been to Orlando once (for the Harry Potter rides)and liked the park as before I went I went on JP: River Adventure
It has been a long time but I like to keep updated as I am a fan

It kind of sucks that all of the themed lands and worlds are locked/confirmed also since it’s not possible that the themed worlds for the 4th park won’t change I thought it would be cool to see a ghostbusters dark ride instead of the show at the new park it would fit in nicely with the classic monsters world but oh well. At least the haunted maze is coming to HHN. I don’t think no one saw that coming for Ghostbusters.

The classic rides don’t have to be the same old attractions but if Warner bros and legendary could create worlds based off of King Kong and Godzilla that would be awesome. It sucks since the skull island ride is at IOA which I heard doesn’t even hold a candle to Kongfrontation in terms of seeing real physical sets. Those days are over which is sad. We now live in a whole world of screens hopefully it’s coming to an end. But Kong has a new skull island so it’s interesting what they will do with that but they don’t have the rights to universal parks which sucks.

Tank Man

Original Poster
We could see Men in Black being replaced by Ghostbusters as the new MIB movie has failed and a new Ghostbusters movie is on the horizon and if it does well we could see a update to completely overhaul it using trackless vehicles where guests help the ghostbusters in a Ecto-1 style vehicle. The MIB ride has shown age and I do love it but it needs to go

Yes true I still think some of the classic rides are timeless if it doesn’t come to the fourth park then I’m wondering what the future holds for the themed lands that have been around for awhile at IOA and USF. Like Splash Lagoon, Lost Contintent, Kidszone will they ever be replaced one day if so with what? I really want to see the mummy updated from the 2017 movie. MIB would be nice too yeah.

Tank Man

Original Poster
T
The classic rides don’t have to be the same old attractions but if Warner bros and legendary could create worlds based off of King Kong and Godzilla that would be awesome. It sucks since the skull island ride is at IOA which I heard doesn’t even hold a candle to Kongfrontation in terms of seeing real physical sets. Those days are over which is sad. We now live in a whole world of screens hopefully it’s coming to an end. But Kong has a new skull island so it’s interesting what they will do with that but they don’t have the rights to universal parks which sucks.
Screen rides are easier to make and are cheaper, Disney got a lot when they were struggling and when the screen feels like it is needed like for Star Tours, Forbidden Journey, etc. it makes sense but Universal has made to many of them as some of them suck or they flat out make rides that have low budget animatronics (Motorbike Adventure)
If they had bigger budgets I would expect more things. Kingfrontation is an example, they had great things. A Godzilla world featuring Legendarys Monsterverse would be awesome but they most likely would use screen. They could use some animatronics which I hope they do. The monsterverse first needs to have a huge success as it is not to well known. I have not ridden the King ride IoA and I heard the same thing

T

Screen rides are easier to make and are cheaper, Disney got a lot when they were struggling and when the screen feels like it is needed like for Star Tours, Forbidden Journey, etc. it makes sense but Universal has made to many of them as some of them suck or they flat out make rides that have low budget animatronics (Motorbike Adventure)
If they had bigger budgets I would expect more things. Kingfrontation is an example, they had great things. A Godzilla world featuring Legendarys Monsterverse would be awesome but they most likely would use screen. They could use some animatronics which I hope they do. The monsterverse first needs to have a huge success as it is not to well known. I have not ridden the King ride IoA and I heard the same thing
Yeah it would be awesome. It’s silly because a new kong skull island is here. Godzilla has new foes. So it would be cool sucks since the fourth park is already locked.

Tank Man

Original Poster
Yes true I still think some of the classic rides are timeless if it doesn’t come to the fourth park then I’m wondering what the future holds for the themed lands that have been around for awhile at IOA and USF. Like Splash Lagoon, Lost Contintent, Kidszone will they ever be replaced one day if so with what? I really want to see the mummy updated from the 2017 movie. MIB would be nice too yeah.
Some attractions are timeless like Its a Small World. They have lots of fans but Universal sometimes thinks that does not matter, the mummy 2016 (was it 2016) flopped and they were planning on replacing the mummy ride with the new one which obviously did not happen. The new MIB failed as well so it would be said to see those rides go. But if they find a new IP to use and they will, they will use it without thinking on which ride to replace as they want more guests as they do that to replace attractions to bring new ones as they don’t save space for expansion often

Some attractions are timeless like Its a Small World. They have lots of fans but Universal sometimes thinks that does not matter, the mummy 2016 (was it 2016) flopped and they were planning on replacing the mummy ride with the new one which obviously did not happen. The new MIB failed as well so it would be said to see those rides go. But if they find a new IP to use and they will, they will use it without thinking on which ride to replace as they want more guests as they do that to replace attractions to bring new ones as they don’t save space for expansion often
It’s just odd that the fourth park themed worlds and lands are official and universal hasn’t even come out and said it yet. I was reading all of this from behind the thrills. That’s how I know that the fourth park themed worlds are official for the fourth park.

lazyboy97o

It’s just odd that the fourth park themed worlds and lands are official and universal hasn’t even come out and said it yet. I was reading all of this from behind the thrills. That’s how I know that the fourth park themed worlds are official for the fourth park.
That’s how Universal typically operates for some time now. The park will likely be announced before any of the lands are officially disclosed.

Tank Man

Original Poster
That is normally what should happen,
Announcing the park to get people hyped then slowly squeeze out info to keep the hype going instead of blowing everything out at once and having it explode and be forgotten about not to long later and keep people guessing

I know Universal doesn’t own the rights to
Ghostbusters its great that it’s coming back to universal but it will be in haunted house/maze form. I’m wondering if this will be the last we will see from Ghostbusters at Universal Orlando and not see a new ride at the resort. We will see but since all of the themed lands and worlds are confirmed I guess it’s unlikely that ghostbusters could be added in to the fourth park. Again it would fit in with classic monsters world! But it didn’t own the right I may add when they had Ghostbusters Spooktacular at USF. If a future attraction or mini land would come back where would you have it? IOA? USF? Or the new park?

Tank Man

Original Poster
How so? Ghostbusters is a ghost-themed comedy from the 80's. Universal Horror is a series of horror films from the 20's, 30's and 40's about ghastly beings with temporal forms. I don't see the connection.
I don’t see the connection either besides ghosts and monsters. I would see Ghostbusters possibly replacing the MIB ride since it might be on the chopping block by the next Ghostbusters (2020) and since MIB: International is flopping (not that bad) they could replace it without much effort unless they wanted it to be amazing. But I could also see them putting it in the New York section somehow as they were based there. They could put another shooter ride there as MIB has gotten some low numbers and might replace it, a ghostbusters shooter could be the next shooter for Universal Florida

JT3000

I don’t see the connection either besides ghosts and monsters. I would see Ghostbusters possibly replacing the MIB ride since it might be on the chopping block by the next Ghostbusters (2020) and since MIB: International is flopping (not that bad) they could replace it without much effort unless they wanted it to be amazing. But I could also see them putting it in the New York section somehow as they were based there. They could put another shooter ride there as MIB has gotten some low numbers and might replace it, a ghostbusters shooter could be the next shooter for Universal Florida

I don't believe Men in Black is on the chopping block just yet. A Ghostbusters shooter, while possible, would be much more difficult to pull off without it looking cheesy or unbelievable. There's also no way of putting it in NY unless it replaces Mummy, or they decide to axe the soundstage that's used for special events in order to expand the park, but I don't see them doing that.

Tank Man

Original Poster
I don't believe Men in Black is on the chopping block just yet. A Ghostbusters shooter, while possible, would be much more difficult to pull off without it looking cheesy or unbelievable. There's also no way of putting it in NY unless it replaces Mummy, or they decide to axe the soundstage that's used for special events in order to expand the park, but I don't see them doing that.
True
MIB could be but once again we don’t know, New York does not have enough too get another ride. MIB international could topple $300 and we might get an upgrade but I bet Ghostbusters 2020 will do better and the numbers from the new MIB is not enough for Universal, we might see a replacement for the MIB ride,
We just don’t know and I think they might upgrade the MIB ride instead of replacing it

JT3000

True
MIB could be but once again we don’t know, New York does not have enough too get another ride. MIB international could topple $300 and we might get an upgrade but I bet Ghostbusters 2020 will do better and the numbers from the new MIB is not enough for Universal, we might see a replacement for the MIB ride,
We just don’t know and I think they might upgrade the MIB ride instead of replacing it

Universal doesn't care how many people see the new MIB movie. That's Sony's problem. They only care how many people are riding and how much merch is being sold, and I doubt anyone here has those numbers on hand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom