Universal’s 4th Gate possible lands

Tank Man

Original Poster
This has been a long running rumor and Theme Park Stop has more info on this but I am going to talk about the possible lands of the rumored to be named park “Fantastic Worlds”
Universals 4th gate possible lands
It is actually there third park but they count Volcano Bay as a gate so the next park will be their third but they will call it their fourth and it will be located South-East of the rest of the resort. Super Nintendo World we know is coming to the park
picture
Star Trek
This land would most likely be made to combat Disney’s Star Wars land but I highly doubt they could do a land off of this because it will be second to SWL anyways just like how Star Trek has been for a long time and a lot of the rides would have to feature screens and screen rides are starting to become really cheap and unimpressive unless it is like MF: SR. It could feature a ride where you and a few others operate a Star Trek ship. Not possible and I don’t believe this
Harry Potter/ Fantastic Beasts
Very possible because the boy who lived has been a huge success for Universal in the parks so expect this and it may feature the new series Fantastic Beasts and I see how this can work
Lord of the Rings
I don’t know, I have never read or seen LotR so I don’t know how it can work but LotR could make a comeback through a land and it is a beloved franchise.
Jurassic World/Park
Rumors have gone around that IoA JP will stay as Jurassic Park and the new park will get Jurassic World and that Coaster coming to IoA for JP will be JP. This could happen but I believe that IoA is gonna get an overhaul to bring better and newer rides and JP will change to JW and the River Adventure will become JW: The ride if fans don’t kill it, I hope that if it comes to IoA it has a bigger budget for way better scenes and so they can replace the animatronics. But JW is possible for Isla Sorna from the Lost World and the troubled JP3. It will feature Site B instead. This could be possible.
Godzilla
This is one I think is possible for the new park. I believe that if Godzilla vs King Kong in 2020 does well they might green light the plan for a Godzillaverse land which takes place in a Monarch base or something but G:KotM underperformed so this could kill this rumor but I want it to happen because I love Godzilla.
Universal Classic Monsters
Possible but I don’t think this has anything to do with relevancy because mostly everyone knows who Frankenstein or Dracula is and they could use that to make a land that could stand the rest of time with adventures through haunted forests and Dracula’s castle. Also this area would be cool during Halloween Horror Nights. They had a lot of possibilities here.

I do know that DreamWorks has a possibilities and I know we are going to see that so I am not addressing it

Attachments

• D0DA2966-D53B-4F4A-83C2-86C76F838D36.jpeg
    D0DA2966-D53B-4F4A-83C2-86C76F838D36.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 77

seascape

Star Trek and Lord of the Rings are not going to happen. I expect that after the CBS Viacom merger that the second rumor of their buying Lionsgate will happen. At that point they will take a much harder look at the Themepark Industry and demand their IP be the major focus of a themepark, so Disney and Universal are out. There is also a chance they could go after Cedar Fair. As for Lord of the Rings, look for AT&T to do the same but maybe repurchase Six Flags as WB used to own them. Think of how great it would be if all 4 studios had their own themeparks.

Tank Man

Original Poster
Star Trek and Lord of the Rings are not going to happen. I expect that after the CBS Viacom merger that the second rumor of their buying Lionsgate will happen. At that point they will take a much harder look at the Themepark Industry and demand their IP be the major focus of a themepark, so Disney and Universal are out. There is also a chance they could go after Cedar Fair. As for Lord of the Rings, look for AT&T to do the same but maybe repurchase Six Flags as WB used to own them. Think of how great it would be if all 4 studios had their own themeparks.
That would be cool, I wish some companies make theme parks but I have an idea that will never happen.
A major collaboration between Disney, WB, Universal and other Theme Park companies to create the ultimate Theme Park where you can go from DC to Marvel to Jurassic World in the same park.
I wish this could happen but we can never have nice things like that sadly

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
To create the ultimate theme park you would probably have to combine all 4 of WDWs parks and both Universal parks into one massive piece of land.

Tank Man

Original Poster
I believe that if they were to it would be a huge park, probably the biggest in the world with multiple entrances and I think would need that much land but if they wanted to do with every major theme park then we may be talking one that may count as a COUNTY.
I’m talking Disney, Merlin Entertainment (Alton Towers, Thrope Park), Universal, Six Flags, WB and maybe Sea World and that will be insane

I should now make a separate post for the ultimate theme park and people/ commenters can help design this ultimate park. Also Universal makes a lot of deals (HHN and how they get Ghostbusters and Stranger Things).

HauntedMansionFLA

Cedar Fair = Peanuts IP 😃
What about Godzilla??

Magenta Panther

I think Universal should build some attractions based on the characters available due to its purchase of Classic Media. And one character I think it should focus on is Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Rudolph is truly evergreen, has incredible staying power, is instantly recognizable to every demographic out there, and a ride with a Christmas/snow/ice/North Pole theme in Florida would be tremendously popular (think of the fun architecture possibilities alone, with icicles and snow on the roofs, a la Hogsmeade). Maybe the attraction could even have occasional snowfall - that would be awesome! A Rudolph ride would be a slam-dunk. If folks from Universal read this forum, please consider this idea! It's a winner!

HauntedMansionFLA

I think Universal should build some attractions based on the characters available due to its purchase of Classic Media. And one character I think it should focus on is Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Rudolph is truly evergreen, has incredible staying power, is instantly recognizable to every demographic out there, and a ride with a Christmas/snow/ice/North Pole theme in Florida would be tremendously popular (think of the fun architecture possibilities alone, with icicles and snow on the roofs, a la Hogsmeade). Maybe the attraction could even have occasional snowfall - that would be awesome! A Rudolph ride would be a slam-dunk. If folks from Universal read this forum, please consider this idea! It's a winner!
Totally agree - Throw in Frosty The Snowman too

raven

Sea World has been doing the Rudolph characters for a few years now.

some other guy

There's a 4-D movie show, Godzilla vs. Evangelion: The Real 4-D that's part of the seasonal "Cool Japan" event that runs this year from May 31 to August 25.
Ah, okay. I wasn't sure how permanent or not it was, thanks.
But yeah between Uni Orlando working with the Legendary Kong IP (they did that, right? I think I remember an announcement at least) and that over in Japan it seems like there's at least the right channels of communication open for a possible Godzilla thing.

Tank Man

Original Poster
Cedar Fair = Peanuts IP 😃
What about Godzilla??
Godzilla is a cool idea but I am waiting and I think Universal is to, they probably have plans but I think they are waiting to see if Kong vs Godzilla does well enough because Godzilla: KotM did not do so well
I would love to see a G-Man (Godzilla) simulator using the WB version or maybe a Roller Coaster
Theory:
Since IoA is changing and soon Universal will slowly loose the rights to Marvel from Disney the Marvel area will turn into a New York area for Godzilla as it will need simple re-theming to the area and maybe the Hulk Coaster will become a Godzilla coaster as that will be easier as they recently refurbished the track. Amazing Spider-Man might be fully replaced by a Godzilla simulator where maybe guests find themselves in a fight between Godzilla and a Godzilla foe like King Ghidorah

lebeau

Theory:
Since IoA is changing and soon Universal will slowly loose the rights to Marvel from Disney.

How is this still out there? Universal's ownership of the theme park rights to Marvel east of the Mississippi is in perpetuity.

Put simply, Universal will never lose the rights short of complete mismanagement of the park. They might consider selling the rights back but the asking price would be a lot more than Disney would be willing to pay.

Tank Man

Original Poster
How is this still out there? Universal's ownership of the theme park rights to Marvel east of the Mississippi is in perpetuity.

Put simply, Universal will never lose the rights short of complete mismanagement of the park. They might consider selling the rights back but the asking price would be a lot more than Disney would be willing to pay.
One day they might drop it and also that was a Disney
But Disney could trade things, they can trade the rights of Aliens for a marvel character
Also since most of IoA is planning to be remade (Lost Continent, Jurassic Park etc.)
I think the Marvel land will soon die down once the new expansions/ redos are done

lebeau

One day they might drop it and also that was a Disney
But Disney could trade things, they can trade the rights of Aliens for a marvel character
Also since most of IoA is planning to be remade (Lost Continent, Jurassic Park etc.)
I think the Marvel land will soon die down once the new expansions/ redos are done

Just about everything you just said is wrong. Jurassic Park is getting some additions. Nothing is concrete in Lost Continent. And those are just two lands. Universal isn't going to overhaul the park while building a brand new one. They will just plus it to keep it from being cannibalized by Fantastic Worlds.

Universal has no incentive to ever part with Marvel. They signed the contract at a time when Marvel was strapped for cash. As a result, the deal greatly benefited Universal. Since then, Marvel properties have only gotten more popular. If the rights were up for sale today (which obviously they wouldn't be) the asking price would be a lot more than what Universal is paying. They are paying bargain basement prices for one of the most popular IPs in the world and they know it. They will never willingly give that up barring some massive shift in the status quo.

Never say never, but Universal giving up Marvel Superhero Island is about as safe as a "never" as you will ever find.

Tank Man

Original Poster
Just about everything you just said is wrong. Jurassic Park is getting some additions. Nothing is concrete in Lost Continent. And those are just two lands. Universal isn't going to overhaul the park while building a brand new one. They will just plus it to keep it from being cannibalized by Fantastic Worlds.

Universal has no incentive to ever part with Marvel. They signed the contract at a time when Marvel was strapped for cash. As a result, the deal greatly benefited Universal. Since then, Marvel properties have only gotten more popular. If the rights were up for sale today (which obviously they wouldn't be) the asking price would be a lot more than what Universal is paying. They are paying bargain basement prices for one of the most popular IPs in the world and they know it. They will never willingly give that up barring some massive shift in the status quo.

Never say never, but Universal giving up Marvel Superhero Island is about as safe as a "never" as you will ever find.
True
It is smart to keep it as Marvel has become a huge thing but Disney probably will find a way to trade to get some of Marvel (rumor says they are trading Aliens for Black Panther) and stuff like that. Because Black Panther does not have that big of a appearance at IoA

Last edited:

peng

I've seen multiple people say Star Trek and Lord of the Rings are not happening and aside from some, wouldn't it be cool if stuff, nothing on Godzilla (most concrete thing was back in 2016) I think it would be easier for Universal to rebrand Jurassic Park at IoA as a Jurassic World land (besides there is a coaster coming over). Also Nintendo is all but a lock too, at least the Mario stuff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom