Unique things - Making a Disney Bucket List!

What would be on your bucket list of things to do at Disney? This can be anything from eating someplace special, trying a specific snack food you've heard about, events, tours, rides...anything. We are planning a very big celebration and have been going to Disney for years.

We want to hear YOUR specific dreams or wish list of things to do! We are in a rut after going to Disney and doing the same thing over and over and over! We LOVE Disney but want something to really make this trip memorable!

Thanks!!

smk

How long? How many people? What resort? First timers?

IF I was going I would plan a great dinner for one night and then make sure everyone's bucket list is granted.

When we first started going many years ago we had everyone write one thing they really wanted to do at each park. Then when we were at the parks we made sure to do each thing everyone wanted to do. As the days wore on we each accomplished our lists of must do's.

With a BIG group make sure to let each person/family/couple have their off time. Too much togetherness in a hectic environment can make for misery for some. Even within our family we had to have down time. We had a few days of togetherness and then a day of doing what you want to do with a mandate to meet for one meal together each day. Not just our choice, but everyone's choice. It could be breakfast or a quick snack, it didn't matter. One evening we all got together and went to the pool. I look back on that hectic vacation, did I mention it was over Christmas/New Years eve? as one of my favorites!

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell Mom

Original Poster
We will be staying for eight days! Yay! It's just our family - mom, stepdad, and two daughters. We are staying at Bay lake Towers.

We've gone to Disney many times but seems like we always do the same thing - which is GREAT but the girls are almost grown and ready for new adventures!

This is a big trip because we are celebrating a High School Graduation and a 17th birthday while we are there! I am prepared to spend more than usual because this is senior trip, birthday gift, and vacation all rolled into one! I have asked my girls to write down special things they want to do but they don't seem to know what they is other than ride their favorite rides or eat the same thing they know exists!

We do have reservations to eat at Be Our Guest!! So excited about that!

I know there are SO many special foods or places to eat that I just don't know about. I just read about Parasailing (which I did not know about either!) and am debating if this is worth the money. Somewhere I read that I must eat was a fried ice cream sandwich but I can't find out where that was now! Maybe Epcot?

We are all EARS for any unique or just special things that anyone else has done!

Upvote 0

wdwhoneymooner

Parasailing at Bay Lake was awesome! My son and I did it a few years ago and it was just surreal. Even with all the wind blowing in your ears, it was serene because of the unique sights of MK and other Disney landmarks while hanging way up in the air. I do want to ride the Characters in Flight one day @ DTD.

Upvote 0

WDW Mom

Hi! We have been to Disney World many times, but one of the most favorite things we ever did was sign up for surf lessons at Typhoon Lagoon. They only take a limited number of guests per day, and the instructors are from one of the surf schools in Coco Beach. My 13 year old and 19 year old, and of course my husband, had a blast. I was able to take pics and videos even though I wasn't surfing, without any additional cost added on. It's something my kids still talk about after almost 3 years. I would highly recommend it!

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell Mom

Original Poster
Parasailing at Bay Lake was awesome! My son and I did it a few years ago and it was just surreal. Even with all the wind blowing in your ears, it was serene because of the unique sights of MK and other Disney landmarks while hanging way up in the air. I do want to ride the Characters in Flight one day @ DTD.
Thank you so much!! It is helpful to hear from someone that actually did the parasailing and thought it was great! Did you do the double or single riders? I think we are leaning toward the doubles! I did see the Characters in Flight and it is MUCH CHEAPER but the parasailing looks like it would be really memorable for a senior trip!

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell Mom

Original Poster
Hi! We have been to Disney World many times, but one of the most favorite things we ever did was sign up for surf lessons at Typhoon Lagoon. They only take a limited number of guests per day, and the instructors are from one of the surf schools in Coco Beach. My 13 year old and 19 year old, and of course my husband, had a blast. I was able to take pics and videos even though I wasn't surfing, without any additional cost added on. It's something my kids still talk about after almost 3 years. I would highly recommend it!
Thank you! I will look into that!

Upvote 0

wdwhoneymooner

Thank you so much!! It is helpful to hear from someone that actually did the parasailing and thought it was great! Did you do the double or single riders? I think we are leaning toward the doubles! I did see the Characters in Flight and it is MUCH CHEAPER but the parasailing looks like it would be really memorable for a senior trip!

We did doubles. My son was a champ, and held my hand the whole time. Made me feel a lot better. :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wdwhoneymooner

Another fun thing we did was visit the Haunted Mansion gift shop and had my picture taken where it morphed my image to a specter depending on the angle of sight. It was only $20 and you get nice large pic too. It was a Father's Day gift to myself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tinkerbell Mom

Original Poster
Another fun thing we did was visit the Haunted Mansion gift shop and have your picture taken where it morphs your image to a specter depending on your angle of sight. It was only $20 and you get nice large pic too. It was a Father's Day gift to myself.
I had no idea you could do that either! Thanks! This is exactly why I started this thread! There are SO many neat things about Disney that I don't know about! Hope more people post! This is so interesting!

Upvote 0

Katie Rettinger

This is a big trip because we are celebrating a High School Graduation
7m.jpg

Upvote 0

graphite1326

Another fun thing we did was visit the Haunted Mansion gift shop and have your picture taken where it morphs your image to a specter depending on your angle of sight. It was only $20 and you get nice large pic too. It was a Father's Day gift to myself.
I didn't know you could do this either. Where is the gift shop? I don't remember it.

Upvote 0

wdwhoneymooner

I didn't know you could do this either. Where is the gift shop? I don't remember it.

When you exit the HM, it's on the left. I think a lot of guests miss it even when it was the other shop........it's name escapes me now. I think it used to sell jams and preserves to match the image of Liberty Square. The new shop has a lot of cool HM themed things. Besides the custom portrait morphing photo, I picked up a t-shirt with a silk screened image of a CM butler costume with the name tag, "Ghost Host".

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

When you exit the HM, it's on the left. I think a lot of guests miss it even when it was the other shop........it's name escapes me now. I think it used to sell jams and preserves to match the image of Liberty Square. The new shop has a lot of cool HM themed things. Besides the custom portrait morphing photo, I picked up a t-shirt with a silk screened image of a CM butler costume with the name tag, "Ghost Host".
Memento Mori :D

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

Have you ever done a Run Disney event?? They are awesome and very fun. You don't have to be a fast runner. You just have to maintain a 16-17 minute mile.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell Mom

Original Poster
Have you ever done a Run Disney event?? They are awesome and very fun. You don't have to be a fast runner. You just have to maintain a 16-17 minute mile.
I have never done a run event but that sounds like it would be fun! It would definitely be a slow run for me but I could maintain that pace! We may look into that in the future. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Castle Dreamer

You could rent a pontoon boat at the Contemporary and ride around Bay Lake or Seven Seas Lagoon. It costs $45 per half hour. We did it once and loved it.

The Keys to the Kingdom Tour at MK was great too. You even get to go down into the utilidors. Price is $79 pp.

They have a Backstage Safari Tour at AK that sounds fun. $72 pp.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom