Unique Scent Being Piped In all the Parks?

rle4lunch

Original Poster
Doing an impromptu day visit to WDW (solo!), and I've noticed a unique floral scent in 3 of the 4 parks (haven't made it to MK yet). I'm pretty familiar with the flowers in this area, don't think it's organic. Anyone else notice, or do I have a brain tumor?

esskay

Could be the smell from a new cleaning product? Dare say cleaning's been increased given the current outbreak.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Disney parks are replete with smellitizers, an aroma distribution system designed to enhance guest experiences (and in some cases, make them hungry so they'll buy food).

TrojanUSC

Disney parks are replete with smellitizers, an aroma distribution system designed to enhance guest experiences (and in some cases, make them hungry so they'll buy food).

The Confectionary on Main St is the most infamous example of this. Just pumping out a mix of vanilla and other sweet scents from vents outside yet the interior has no smell even close.

techgeek

Doing an impromptu day visit to WDW (solo!), and I've noticed a unique floral scent in 3 of the 4 parks (haven't made it to MK yet). I'm pretty familiar with the flowers in this area, don't think it's organic. Anyone else notice, or do I have a brain tumor?

I don’t have an answer for you, but I don’t think you’re crazy. My wife has been noticing a prevailing floral scent in various areas (not Disney) throughout central Florida lately. My nose isn’t sensitive enough to always pick it up, but when I have smelled it it was almost like ‘floral scented dryer sheets’?

JoeCamel

I don’t have an answer for you, but I don’t think you’re crazy. My wife has been noticing a prevailing floral scent in various areas (not Disney) throughout central Florida lately. My nose isn’t sensitive enough to always pick it up, but when I have smelled it it was almost like ‘floral scented dryer sheets’?

Oranges in bloom? Travels a long way.

AFIK the "smellitizers" were 101 many years ago from what I saw in the tunnels on a Keys tour. They may be using scent (bet they are, Roy did it years ago with popcorn) and I know Universal has different smelling restrooms depending on the land they are located in.

rle4lunch

Original Poster
Well is it a good smell?

It's pleasant smelling. It smells nearly identical to the smell on flight of passage.

In regards to Larry's reply, I know that they've been using smellisizers for years. This is not related.

And I lived around orange grove and know it's not orange blooms. I'm at a loss. Smelt it all day today.

Simba’s Mom

Although I haven't noticed, it gives me a great idea for my next solo trip. Just go around noticing smells-and since it will be hot, I'll bet some will be pretty interesting!

JoeCamel

Although I haven't noticed, it gives me a great idea for my next solo trip. Just go around noticing smells-and since it will be hot, I'll bet some will be pretty interesting!
Head to the river early in the morning and if you have a north wind there will some very interesting smells.

Eamethyst

You aren't crazy. I don't know the correct wording for this. Disney spreads floral scents, other scents throughout the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom