Trip Report Under the Sea Surprise-Live TR

Our bags are packed, we’re checked in for our 6am flight and tomorrow I get to wake up my 2 children at 3am and surprise them with a Disney Trip 9 months in the making.
For those of you who haven’t read my PTR here is a brief recap:
Who-Myself (Erica), My Sister (H), My cousin (M) and my two Disney obsessed children O (4) and Z (2).
Where-AoA
When-Leaving tomorrow for 5 days!

We should be arriving to the bubble sometime around 10am tomorrow and I am planning on updating live updates 1-2 times a day at least while the kids nap/go to sleep. If I can’t keep up I will add the rest when we return :). Stay tuned to see how we fare with the surprise and the early morning flight!

ELeigh

Original Poster
The kids were so surprised this morning. I woke them up by playing “under the sea” and told them to knock on the bedroom door where H and M were waiting on the other side with ears and new stuffed toys (Woody and Olaf). O was immediately excited and Z took a couple of minutes to figure it out. We made good time to the airport and made it on our flight without too much trouble.
8DA0A892-62B6-479D-8D39-6E46538FED41.jpeg
24C748C3-CC13-41F8-86B7-AEA8A1841D16.jpeg

The flight landed exactly an hour ago and I got a room ready text as soon as I flipped off airplane mode! Partially cloudy but dry here at the airport and we have been sitting on DME for about 15 minutes and we are preparing to leave now.

Hoping to stop by the room and possibly change then either head to Disney Springs for lunch or eat at Landscape of Flavors :)
B2D46D65-547A-4EC3-886F-221BBF5B1F66.jpeg
447D6198-E46E-4710-BE4A-60518FDAAEF9.jpeg

ELeigh

Original Poster
Walked right into our room after our DME arrival (first stop :)). We got situated into some more seasonally appropriate gear and then headed back out to Disney Springs. We walked onto a bus as soon as we got to the bus stop and we used the mobile order feature to order D Luxe burger with our dining plan. We ordered 3 burgers (2 Diablo and 1 southern), the nuggets with fries and then an extra order of fries. We also tried the strawberry Godiva shake and 2 of the bourbon bacon shakes plus the s’mores shake for the kids to split. The food was so good but I couldn’t finish and we all agreed to split QS meals for the rest of the trip.

462683F4-843E-4DB1-AA8F-B75365E256C2.jpeg
E146880D-EAA5-45ED-A7D5-F9A736DC49A0.jpeg
0B059479-30D2-4DBD-A411-6A9A1FE38F66.jpeg

Last edited:

ELeigh

Original Poster
During our lunch a shower passed by but we were sheltered and got just a nice mist. Once the rain passed we headed for the bus back to AoA. We got a little confused about the set up of the bus stop there but it ended up working out. We had a short wait for our bus and then Zander fell asleep on the way back which was much needed. We put him down in the room to sleep with M and then H and I went to get our refillable mugs. There were some dark clouds on the horizon but when we got back to the room it looked sunny and the weather app seemed to think this was the lower chance of thunderstorms for the rest of the afternoon. We got the kids all ready for the pool and as soon as we opened the door it started thundering. We are relaxing and waiting it out now fingers crossed that it passes before we have to get ready for dinner around 3 so we can at least get a dip in the pool.

ELeigh

Original Poster
We rested for a while while it thundered outside and then got ready to head out for our dinner at ‘Ohana. Our luck with busses ran out and after a wait for a MK bus, it then felt like the slowest bus ride ever in the rain. We made it there and then realized that there is security before the monorail. Is that newer I don’t remember it from our last trip (September 2016). We made it to the ‘Ohana check in about 10 minutes after our scheduled time due to the bus delays but we were immediately seated. We were served the bread which seemed extra dry today and it didn’t help that it took a while to get some water to go with it. Once our server came over though she was able to fix that and get us the drink menu.
1CEE7B80-69DF-46B2-BCF6-C0082DCAC227.jpeg

O received a lei from the gentleman who was playing the ukelele and she was enamored when he began singing to a nearby couple.
52294E57-E611-4467-B0D9-DBC329FC86C3.jpeg

Everything after the bread was as good as I remembered and I ate a few platefuls. Oops. Still managed to save room for some of this though:
37B126AA-C5BD-4DDD-8543-C0E512C9CA40.jpeg

We made plans during diner to split up afterwards but then we ended up on the same monorail eve thoug we left quite a while apart.

Attachments

• 949E73CF-72C5-4231-A85A-694437C99448.jpeg
    949E73CF-72C5-4231-A85A-694437C99448.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

Rista1313

We rested for a while while it thundered outside and then got ready to head out for our dinner at ‘Ohana. Our luck with busses ran out and after a wait for a MK bus, it then felt like the slowest bus ride ever in the rain. We made it there and then realized that there is security before the monorail. Is that newer I don’t remember it from our last trip (September 2016). We made it to the ‘Ohana check in about 10 minutes after our scheduled time due to the bus delays but we were immediately seated. We were served the bread which seemed extra dry today and it didn’t help that it took a while to get some water to go with it. Once our server came over though she was able to fix that and get us the drink menu. View attachment 284468
O received a lei from the gentleman who was playing the ukelele and she was enamored when he began singing to a nearby couple.View attachment 284473View attachment 284470
Everything after the bread was as good as I remembered and I ate a few platefuls. Oops. Still managed to save room for some of this though:View attachment 284473
We made plans during diner to split up afterwards but then we ended up on the same monorail eve thoug we left quite a while apart.

we had really cold dry bread too. I keep wondering what everyone loves about it so much?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom