Under-Appreciated Attractions

Trackmaster

After our November trip the one thing I am so glad we did, as adults without kids or grandkids, was Peter Pan's Flight at Magic Kingdom. We had never done it before as the kids were always too old. Not sure why I enjoyed it so much but there it is !

How old you do you have to be to not like Peter Pan's Flight? 100? I guess I never got the memo about an age limit.

JIMINYCR

How old you do you have to be to not like Peter Pan's Flight? 100? I guess I never got the memo about an age limit.
Guess they missed Pan's message to never grow up. When I step through those turnstiles my years melt right away.

5ae2215c0b0d77bf39f39749448fe2d6.jpg

Trackmaster

Guess they missed Pan's message to never grow up. When I step through those turnstiles my years melt right away.

View attachment 519321

Excellent point! But in all fairness, you have to remember the paradox of age. When you're a kid all you want to do is be older, when you're an adult all you want to do is be a kid (or at least be a young adult). So I could understand how an 11 year who is trying to look like a tough guy and doesn't want to get made fun of at school wouldn't want evidence of him getting on a "baby ride." Once you get a little older you stop caring about that stuff and just learn to live your life for you and not not your peers (OK... well you should, I know there is a lot of Keeping Up With the Jonesing that happens with adults). But either way, adults generally aren't going to turned off by something like Peter Pen the same way that a kid who is trying to look tough would.

Sbk1234

Original Poster
Our DS always enjoyed talking to the different foreign CM's when he was young, learning about their countries and in all the ways our country and traditions differ from them. I still have his passport somewhere where they each wrote him a personal message in their language.
I still enjoy that aspect of World Showcase. On one trip, I enjoyed it so much that I bought a souvenier pack of a coin from each country represented in Epcot. That still means a lot to me because of my experiences with the international cast members.

cm1988

Interesting thread. I'll hopefully not pollute things too much by suggesting the movie in France (I'd probably misspell its name). If you like French Impressionist music, you'll love this one. It may be due a re-edit after the tragic Notre Dame fire. All of 2020 is due a re-edit.

Buck Wheelie

I think a lot of younger people don't appreciate COP. My kids who are now in their 20's don't appreciate it and hate going to it. I like it because it brings back my memories from my childhood and its a nice rest. I agree with a lot of people that the last scene needs to be updated or replaced.

Sbk1234

Original Poster
Interesting thread. I'll hopefully not pollute things too much by suggesting the movie in France (I'd probably misspell its name). If you like French Impressionist music, you'll love this one. It may be due a re-edit after the tragic Notre Dame fire. All of 2020 is due a re-edit.
I absolutely LOVE Impressions de France! That film was what first made me interested in ever visiting France.

And that they have a Disneyland there.

I will say that when I saw the Notre Dame Cathedral last year, after the fire, all things considered, it looked in pretty good shape on the outside. The roof was gone, but everything else looked like it should.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom