TwilightZone

Last 4 years:
  1. Pandora
  2. No more stitch's great escape
  3. New figment portrait
  4. Slinky dog dash
  5. Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway
  6. Starting Tomorrowland enhancements
  7. Finally getting the monster's inc snowcones (don't judge, always wanted to try them)
  8. Tropical Hidaway
  9. Refurbs
  10. Galaxy's Edge

mickEblu

Here’s my list of things i like in the last 4 years that don’t need an asterisk...

1. Grizzly Peak Airfield
  2. Main Street Brickwork*
  3. New Window vignettes at the Emporium
  4. Hat Box Ghost**
  5. Alien Popcorn bucket

I almost added the new Abominable snowman AAs and Matterhorn effects but losing the old growl is much too much to bear. I’d imagine Tropical Hideaway makes the list but I haven’t seen it in person.

Ok I had to add a couple that had minor asterisks...

*dont like where some of the hub brickwork meets the different street brickwork but it’s enough of a net positive to make the list.

** he doesn’t really look organic in the Mansion but he’s really cool anyway and the tech is impressive.

Last edited:
Alright, just to show that I mean it, as promised here are the 10 things I hate about the Disney parks from the past few years.

1) Now I love "Let It Go" and I love "Friend Like Me," but that doesn't mean Disney has to include those songs in almost every firework show they create. Even the songs being included in Mickey's Mix Magic kinda annoy me.

2) I don't know if this counts because the ride is going down for refurbishment at the end of the month, but Space Mountain at Disneyland really needs some upkeep. It feels that there aren't as many stars as there used to be when it first opened in 2005. Also, it's embarrassing that the blue hyperspace tunnel in-between the lift hills has gotten so bad. Hopefully, the refurbishment finally fixes all of that.

3) Let me get this straight, DCA had two 3D shows, Muppet-Vision 3D and "it's tough to be a bug." And from those, they permanently close the funnier, more repeatable one? I'm also hearing rumors that the Disney World version of the show may close permanently as well, which I hope it isn't true. Muppet-Vision 3D is one of my favorite 3D theme park shows. Even if I know the jokes ahead of time, it's still hilarious to watch.

4) Speaking of closing repeatable shows, Aladdin - A Musical Spectacular. Frozen is an okay show, it does a serviceable job replicating the movie from film to stage. But it doesn't hold a candle to Aladdin. And with all the chaos and craziness happening in the world right now, now would have been a great time to hear some improvised Genie jokes.

5) Why doesn't Disney just reshow Disneyland Forever? I get wanting to create newer shows that take advantage of the technology, and while I do like Mickey's Mix Magic, it's not as good as Disneyland Forever.

6) Yeah...Jack-Jack on a stick looks really bad. I do like the Incredicoaster because of the Michael Giacchino soundtrack and because it's still a fun roller coaster ride, but Jack-Jack on a Stick looks ugly day or night.

7) With how often the Walt Disney World monorails are in the news, you think Disney would work a little faster in replacing the monorails with a new fleet. This is especially disheartening since while I like the sleek look of Disneyland's monorails, I like how the monorails in Walt Disney World feel more like an actual transportation system.

8) How do you not put shade in Toy Story Land?

9) I like Mission: Breakout and considering they only had five months to redo the interior, it all looks pretty good. But I do think it's a little lazy that they hardly rethemed the Fastpass machines and the exit hallways.

10) And finally, I really don't like the food festivals in DCA. The food is overpriced, the portion sizes are too small, and because of the booths, they can't do any parades (such as my all-time favorite parade Paint the Night).

BONUS: This doesn't really have to do with the Disney Parks, but that live-action Aladdin movie isn't looking too great. I've never minded the live-action remakes Disney has been doing lately. But so far, it might be a pass for me.

So, there you go.

TROR

Original Poster
In no particular order
  1. Grizzly Peak Airfield
  2. Restoration of the original Pirates of the Caribbean audio in the grottos
  3. Dumbo queue
  4. Main Street brickwork
  5. New yeti audio animatronic
  6. Rivers of America waterfalls
  7. Big Thunder trail rocks
  8. Single Rider for Space Mountain
  9. Hyperspace Mountain (though I wouldn't want it longterm)
  10. Paint the Night

Anyway, here's the short version of the 10 things I hate about Disney theme parks:

1. "Let It Go" and "Friend Like Me" being in almost every firework show
  2. Space Mountain at Disneyland being in bad shape (hopefully, the refurbishment rectifies this).
  3. Disney permanently closing Muppet-Vision 3D at DCA (and potentially DHS)
  4. Replacing Aladdin - A Musical Spectacular with Frozen
  5. Disney not reshowing Disneyland Forever after the 60th Anniversary
  6. Jack-Jack on a stick on the Incredicoaster
  7. The Walt Disney World monorails and their constant mechanical problems
  8. No shade in Toy Story Land
  9. Barely rethemeing the Fastpass machines and exit hallways of Mission: Breakout
  10. Food festivals in DCA. The food is overpriced, the portion sizes are too small, and because of the booths, they can't do any parades (such as my all-time favorite parade Paint the Night).
BONUS: The live-action Aladdin movie isn't looking too great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom