UK visitors: themepark-tickets.com problems

Hi,

Have any UK people recently ordered from themepark-tickets.com? I ordered my (well-priced) tickets a few weeks ago but they still haven't arrived and I'm now only one week away from my trip. Their phone line is permanently engaged and they don't answer emails.

Has anyone else had a problem? I used them a couple of years ago and everything was fine.

Thanks.

dazzer68

are they an american company or uk? are you phoning u.s time?
i havent used them but keep trying bombarde them with emails if they arent in the post now i doubt youll get them in a week! unless they can send them to your u.s hotel but then thats a risk 'cause they might not get there!
i used attraction tickets direct sorry, but good luck.have you paid for them on credit card get them cancelled and get from disney store where its 2weeks for the price of one!.

Upvote 0

AnimalMagnetism

Original Poster
Well, after ages of being completely unable to contact them, as soon as I post a message on here I get a call from them telling me everything's fine and the tickets will be despatched shortly. So hopefully things will work out!

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

I'm glad to hear that everything APPEARS to have worked out for you - I have never used them and to be honest I'm a little sceptical about them - I have a list of some 8 - 10 UK based companies selling Disney Park Tickets and this company is the ONLY ONE which has no listings for 2008 ticket prices.

They are not ABTA bonded - so be wary, inform your credit card company if you dont receive your tickets in the next day or two

Upvote 0

AnimalMagnetism

Original Poster
The saga continues. It's now only four days until we fly to Florida - I should be very excited, but still the WDW tickets haven't arrived. I phoned themepark-tickets.com again today and they have now changed their story and say the tickets won't be despatched until Thursday - using a courier which guarantees arrival on Friday. Since I work, this means I will have to take a day off to hang around and wait for the tickets (otherwise they would not be left, and I have no other way of getting them before we fly) - but I'm now extremely sceptical as to whether they will arrive at all. They said that if they don't arrive before we leave then I will be offered a full refund - but of course, that's not going to help me get into the parks. Buying the equivalent tickets at the gate (14 days unlimited admission to all theme parks, water parks and Pleasure Island, with park hopping) will presumably cost considerably more than these UK-exclusive tickets would have done.

I post this so that other UK visitors can exercise extreme caution before using this company - it's the first one that appears on google.co.uk if you search for "Disney World tickets".

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
They said that if they don't arrive before we leave then I will be offered a full refund - but of course, that's not going to help me get into the parks. Buying the equivalent tickets at the gate (14 days unlimited admission to all theme parks, water parks and Pleasure Island, with park hopping) will presumably cost considerably more than these UK-exclusive tickets would have done.

I post this so that other UK visitors can exercise extreme caution before using this company - it's the first one that appears on google.co.uk if you search for "Disney World tickets".

How much are you paying per adult for them?

Upvote 0

OneLuckyMom

I phoned themepark-tickets.com again today and they have now changed their story and say the tickets won't be despatched until Thursday - using a courier which guarantees arrival on Friday.

Hmmm...I smell a rat. I personally would call them back and demand a full refund, no matter what they promise. Tell them you won't be home to accept delivery, and make sure to leave a note posted for the delivery company that you do not want packages left without a signature (they do that here in the states regularly). Then immediately file a dispute with your credit card company for non-delivery - don't wait to see if the company actually refunds you. You don't want to find out that you can't dispute because it's been too long from the original charge (which it sounds to me like a game this company may be playing). Can you make it to a Disney store like someone else suggested - that sounded like a good deal? Or maybe order from another company you feel more secure with, with next-day shipping?

Upvote 0

Philo

Not too sure about this one.

The site looks and feels reasonably genuine and they do publish addresses (street address and e-mail address). The problem is that they don't seem to publish any terms and conditions which is normally the best way to win a dispute. All they say is "No refunds given for unused or cancelled attraction tickets. Tickets will be sent to you by Royal Mail Special Delivery. The package must be signed for." A little too short for my liking.

The good news is that if you bought by credit card (not debit card) then you probably shouldn't get too worried about getting a refund. A company selling tickets know that they need to be 100% sure that they will get to you before your travel date and if they fail to deliver then they haven't provided the service. Make sure you save copies of all your e-mails to the company and if you get an itemised phone bill then keep that handy too - just in case.

The downside of course is that you won't be able to sort anything out before your trip so buying new tickets from the disney store will leave you out of pocket till you can resolve the problem.

You might want to check this link out
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=117854
and
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=104775&page=2
There seems to be some trouble with the company but its clear that they do at least provide genuine tickets.

If you end up buying new tickets and you can't make it to a disney store then you can always buy at disneyworld.co.uk. I bought mine a few weeks ago and I will pick them up from the ticketsales office at WDW. I would rather have been sent the tickets but this might be exactly what you need.

Let us know how you get on - You will have a great time no matter what!!!

Upvote 0

EdinburghTink

Really sorry to hear you're having so much trouble. I'm a travel agent in the U.K and i cant say i've heard of them. I usually get mine from Travel City Directs attractions and think they could have them to you quickly if you get a refund from your credit card company. Think they are around £149/159 per adult for a 14day ticket.

Upvote 0

AnimalMagnetism

Original Poster
Much to my relief, the tickets have finally arrived, a day before traveling. I don't think I'll be using themepark-tickets.com again - but I can forget all about that now and look forward to visiting the World tomorrow!

Upvote 0

Philo

Glad it worked out for you. Don't think I will ever use them after reading this. One day before travel is a little too close for me!

Upvote 0
i use themepark-tickets.com all the time now since there best price around that iv found on the web since the last 8 trips, but i to also worked it out that if you put eg 3 dec as you fly date expect to get the on the 1st / 2nd lol they do seen to wait last minute to send them off (but i have to give it to them they always have got them to me in time) so i just put my fly date a week before our flight so i get the tickets early.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom