UK - Virgin Attraction Tickets

tenchu

Hi guys - probably only relevent to UK bods, but all input welcome.

Trawling for tickets for my visit next month, Virgin appears to be much cheaper than anywhere else at the moment (for Orlando Flextickets certainly, only slightly cheaper than Disney for Ultimate passes)

(£215 for the 14 Day Ultimate as opposed to £221 direct from Disney, and even more elsewhere)
(£140 for the Orlando Flexticket as opposed to £180 plus elsewhere)

Anyone got any ideas why this is so? As far as I can see there are no catches so I'm going to book up with them.

Any insider info though?

dazzer68

dont ask questions just go with it!:lookaroun
not sure they were cheaper last time we went in 2006 , but this time we bought earlier and disney were cheaper!.
they are also cheapest for the discovery cove swim with dolphins experince ticket. perhaps because they are such a big company they can buy a huge amount of tickets and get good rates.
like buying a disney dvd! the disney store is always the most expensive place, with tesco probably cheapest!

Upvote 0

sueuk

We always go with Virgin, they have other advantages such as checkin on your last a.m. at Downtown Disney = leaving you luggage free for the last day. We booked last autumn and got the 14 day ultimate for £183 each AND free dining:sohappy: (but prob works out pretty much the same as having the % off hols that they're offering now.)

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Hi guys - probably only relevent to UK bods, but all input welcome.

Trawling for tickets for my visit next month, Virgin appears to be much cheaper than anywhere else at the moment (for Orlando Flextickets certainly, only slightly cheaper than Disney for Ultimate passes)

(£215 for the 14 Day Ultimate as opposed to £221 direct from Disney, and even more elsewhere)
(£140 for the Orlando Flexticket as opposed to £180 plus elsewhere)

Anyone got any ideas why this is so? As far as I can see there are no catches so I'm going to book up with them.

Any insider info though?

Thought you could only buy tickets if you were a Virgin Holidays passenger? Not worth saving £6 on tickets if the flights are £200 higher than VA. :animwink:

Upvote 0

disney magic 06

Virgin Disney passes were over £20pp more expensive than others last April but cheapest this year, we've bought ours from them. I suppose it depends what dollar rate they used when the prices were calculated, it changes so often it must be pot luck!

I didn't think you could buy the passes from Virgin if you hadn't booked through them.

Incidently,my Virgin holiday has gone down so much since I booked last July, I've cancelled and re-booked and still saved nearly £500 for two of us!

Upvote 0

tenchu

Original Poster
Ive been looking on line and cant get a link to buy. I can see the prices.

I have now sussed the system. You can indeed book. May even get frequent flyer discount.

Yep, I'm booked elsewhere, but it does look like you can just order tickets. Seems to be the way to go.

And on the OrlandoFlextickert website, the standard Flexticket price is £178!

That's a big saving once you add 5 of those up!

:xmas: :wave:

Upvote 0

tenchu

Original Poster
I use this lot

http://www.orlando-ticket-deals.co.uk/index.html

That said as we are going in Nov, and wont be indulging in water parks its better for us to get the on line Universal ticket and Sea world direct. The others have decided they arent that fussed about Busch gardens.

We're in a similar position as we just don't have time to go to Busch Gardens, and none of us are huge water park fans (would probably go to a Disney one if we did anyway) We'll probably use 2 days in Seaworld and one each in Universal Studios and Island of Adventure.

However, if we can get a Flexticket for £140, there is very little difference between that and getting entry to Universal Studios, IOA and Seaworld seperately (unless you know of any good deals to do this)

Add in the added flexibility of having unlimited entry to these for 14 days and that's looking like our best option.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

When we booked our Christmas 2008/09 trip in April 2007 with Virgin - their Disney ticket prices were the second DEAREST anywhere - web and tour operator brochures (only Keith Prowse was dearer).

As the £/$ rate faltered during 2008 all the websites slowly increased their prices for the Disney tickets - only Virgin kept theirs at £182 per adult. Thats what we bought them at just before we left.

I thinks its got something to do with the brochure prices being advertised and Virgin are unable to increase their prices until the next brochure edition is printed :shrug:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom