UK Theme Parks..

Salanne41

Original Poster
Just to throw a different question in..

Out of interest I wondered if anyone here has been been to any of the UK theme parks (Alton Towers, Thorpe Park etc.. ) and what you thought of them?

ogryn

Are you asking for an Americans view of UK theme parks?

If not :D...

I've been to Thorpe, Alton, Chessington, Drayton Manor, Flamingo Land, Lightwater Valley (ordered from best to worst) :wave:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
an American view of UK Theme Parks....

they're expensive and the weather is cold

scorp111

We lived in the UK for a couple of years. We went to Thorpe, Alton, Chessington, & Drayton Manor.

I think our favorite was Alton Towers. which actually had some themeing. The others were straight up ride parks, but still quite a bit of fun.

ogryn

A few random Thorpe Park pictures...

8227ThorpePark1.jpg

8227ThorpePark2.jpg

8227ThorpePark3.jpg

8227ThorpePark4.jpg

CAPTAIN HOOK

mkt said:
an American view of UK Theme Parks....

they're expensive and the weather is cold
A British view of US theme parks.....

they're expensive and the weather is very nice and warm and sunny, and the parks are clean and usually very well maintained and the food which is served within the parks is hot and usually edible (need I go on ?????)

Salanne41

Original Poster
Not a great opinion then! glad to see the UK are keeping up the good work on making a good impression...as usual! :brick:

TheDisneyMagic

I would probably have to compare our parks to what you have as Six Flags, they are nothing special, no real theming, except Alton Towers which I give a little more credit to (although their copy of the monorail is very tacky. Another big difference is service provided aswell. Every time I have been to one of the theme parks such as chessignton or thorpe park the staff are rude and don't really care, there is litter and trash all over the place and any construction being taken place is done in broad daylight with no famous Disney Construction walls.

:D :mad:

MuRkErY

There rubbish.

I cant stand Alton Towers and it's pathetic attempts at theming.

Just walking down Cred Street or what ever it's called at AT makes my blood boil.

The food is not the best Just mostly McDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut, and anything that is not a franchised fast food place will be disgusting. The service given is generally not very good either.

Nemesis is a great Roller Coaster though, probably one of the best in the world.

One Great Roller Coaster dont make a "Theme Park" though.

It's annoying though when i go to Alton Towers with people who have not been to Disney, since they usually think it's good, i’m like, man if only you would go to Disney you will see this place for what it is, which is a not very good theme park probably on about the same level as some of the Six Flags out there. lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom