UK Fish Shop

wild01ride

Original Poster
I hadn't read anything about this (and I couldn't find any past info through searching), but during my recent trip, I noticed that the Fish Shop sign at the UK no longer makes mention of "Harry Ramsden's".

Fortunately (or unfortunately), I often take a lot of pictures from the same vantage point from trip to trip. I guess, if nothing else, it provides the opportunity for comparison such as this case.

Anyway, anyone have any information as to when this happened?
I can only assume that the brand name must have required some loyalty payment from Disney, and thus, was discontinued. (Admittedly, I didn't even realize that Harry Ramsden's was a brand name - shame on me!).

Cheers!

UKFishShop.jpg

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Ramsdens been taken over buy another company. They plan to reposition the brand in the usual corporate junk food market. Dont know if thats a factor:shrug:

rebecca06261

When did they change to fish sticks? I was there in September, and it was still the filets. I hope they didnt change!

The fish fillets they used to sell were larger in portion. Now they sell the identical small fish fillets (about the size of a ladies index and middle fingers placed together.) They began this in the latter part of 2009.

TheDisneyMagic

First time that I noticed the change in the sign was July 2010, it may of been earlier than that but I hadn't visited for a few months prior.

wild01ride

Original Poster
I didn't really notice a difference in the taste, although I did think the portion seemed a bit smaller. :shrug:

jato4x4

I dont know if it is smaller, it tastes the same. But I do know that the fish and chips anywhere on property is the same, even Raglan Road @ DTD

WorldKey

I hope at least the quality and taste are the same....this is in my top three of counter service - love it with a Bass Ale!

powlessfamily4

I had the fish in November and it looked just like the picture. I loved it and actually over the course of the vacation ate there twice. I also ate at Cooks of Dublin and it was great. In June of this past year I ate at Columbia Harbor house. The fish served there was more of a fish stick style filet.

As you can see, I love seafood! I eat it whenever I can and Disney definitely offers good counter service options for quick seafood.

garlicth03

On the sign they both have (my hometown) 'Guiseley' on, this is where the first ever Harry Ramsden's was. If Harry Ramsden's where no longer owning it they would have took that off.

Harry Ramsden's is a big company in the United Kingdom, and have about 30 restaurants. They have been struggling over the years, so this could be a sign to show that Harry Ramsden's may no longer be in Epcot in the future.

tink@heart

We love the fish and chips! It is always peaceful to grab lunch and walk the cobblestone street back behind to the garden and gazebo area in England! And if we're lucky we get a visit from Mary Poppins or great music!!!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I dont know if it is smaller, it tastes the same. But I do know that the fish and chips anywhere on property is the same, even Raglan Road @ DTD

The Raglan Road fish and chips are significantly different.
At Raglan Road, the fish is fresh haddock, never frozen, fried in Harp Batter - and is a large fillet. Outside at Cookes, the fish is frozen, and no Harp in the Batter - still a fairly large fillet. At Epcot, the fish is frozen, and is considerably smaller. All are good, but in my opinion, the ranking goes Ragland Road, Cookes, Epcot's Yorkshire. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom