Ugly Pool Fences. Why Disney, Why?

Monorail_Red_77

Ohh okay that makes more sense. And they need to put bushes all around the fence, hiding it....And I don't think even Disney could get away with putting chain link fence up, lol.

Some pool fences on Disney property are better than others. Once I was at All Star Sports and they had the gate completely removed. Hopefully for maintenance. Interestingly most of these gated entries require your room magic band to gain access. I think they are trying to slowly go away from resort pool hopping along with being more compliant with regulations.

Nubs70

While we were at Port Orleans Riverside this February they were finishing up the refurbishments on the main pool. No problem there, I love to see them cleaning and fixing the place up. But they add this HORRIBLY UGLY brown fence around the entire pool. There isn't even any bushes hiding it, it's just this ugly brown fence around the place. Feels like we're in some high school playground now. I had seen them do this to several of the bigger pools, the worst being the Wilderness Lodge and the Polynesian, which were even uglier than the main pool at POR! Anyone else really annoyed by this? It must be a state law thing, right?
Your high school had a playground?

disney4life2008

I also think it is to stop non resort guests from pool hopping, like everyone did years ago! Overall I don't have a issue with them.

First it was the rapid fill garbage that prohibits the soda and now this? LOL

However, to be fair. I got upset when I saw a family sit down at cosmic rays and make huge salads from the toppings bar (but at least they had a order of fries from the menu).

Nemo14

Whats wrong with pool hopping?

:lookaroun
images

Polydweller

I also think it is to stop non resort guests from pool hopping, like everyone did years ago! Overall I don't have a issue with them.

I don't doubt this is part of it but the real reason is Florida law which requires a fence around hotel and motel pools that is 48" high. Most older Disney pools were in place before the statute was passed and thus grandfathered in to allow no fences. However, when a pool is refurbished it loses it grandfathering and must have a fence installed. Of course, all new pools must have fences. The statutes that cover this area all available online.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom