Ugly Pool Fences. Why Disney, Why?

David B

Original Poster
While we were at Port Orleans Riverside this February they were finishing up the refurbishments on the main pool. No problem there, I love to see them cleaning and fixing the place up. But they add this HORRIBLY UGLY brown fence around the entire pool. There isn't even any bushes hiding it, it's just this ugly brown fence around the place. Feels like we're in some high school playground now. I had seen them do this to several of the bigger pools, the worst being the Wilderness Lodge and the Polynesian, which were even uglier than the main pool at POR! Anyone else really annoyed by this? It must be a state law thing, right?

David B

Original Poster
I know, I agree. Unfortunately I didn't take any, my eyes were too busy melting off... When I go on the 18th I'll have to take some more.

David B

Original Poster
It is law now. All pools must be fenced in. Personally I think Disney has done an okay job with the fences...at least they are not chain-link!

Ohh okay that makes more sense. And they need to put bushes all around the fence, hiding it....And I don't think even Disney could get away with putting chain link fence up, lol.

blueboxdoctor

They do look a little odd in some of the resorts I have seen them in (Polynesian and Wilderness Lodge) but I understand the point of them. And, as you said, if they put bushes around them (not sure if the can or if they have to be visible) then they'll be fine. I find it slightly more annoying when I was at the Wilderness Lodge with a nice view of the courtyard area (where the pool and all the walkways are) and one of the workers at the pool was on her megaphone/microphone leading some sort of game for the kids. It was somewhat annoying as I was trying to chill on the balcony (I know this makes me sound like an old man, but I did find it annoying).

PhotoDave219

While we were at Port Orleans Riverside this February they were finishing up the refurbishments on the main pool. No problem there, I love to see them cleaning and fixing the place up. But they add this HORRIBLY UGLY brown fence around the entire pool. There isn't even any bushes hiding it, it's just this ugly brown fence around the place. Feels like we're in some high school playground now. I had seen them do this to several of the bigger pools, the worst being the Wilderness Lodge and the Polynesian, which were even uglier than the main pool at POR! Anyone else really annoyed by this? It must be a state law thing, right?

Well, two major reasons.

First? Dead kids. Disney had a string of several children dying when swimming after hours or just falling in the pool.

Second? Insurance premiums.

David B

Original Poster
Haha wow that looks bad..... I know there are chain link fences around the parks as well....but they are so hidden it's hard to notice

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Fence around the new Oasis (quiet) pool at the Poly:
image.jpeg

Hard to see it, right? Blends in nicely.

Landscape will soon cover this:
image.jpeg

From outside the pool area:
image.jpeg

David B

Original Poster
In person I think it looks horrible, compared to how clean and open it was before....That in combination with the villas really messed up the main view

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom