Ugh....Where to start now?

twolf

Went to disney world april of 2004, and their site was pretty easy to navigate and they had different packages with total price for x amount of days for x amount of people at each resort.

Now can't make heads or tails of the site and what they offer..does not appear they offer any packages and you have to buy everything separate...tickets separate, lodging separate and so on.

Am I missing something?

I am planning on taking my daughter again(8 yrs old) the week before Christmas this year. ANy ideas or advice, any packages I am missing?

Do they still have breakfast with the princesses and so on? Can't find that on the site either.

We stayed at the animal kingdom last time.

ALso any info on car rental from airport would be helpful..I don't use credit cards, just my debit card....used to Alamo would allow rentals without a credit card...anyone know if it is the same or another company? planning to stay for 7 or 8 days, and want to see universal this time.

Will it be as crowded at disney at that time as in the summer or spring time?

Am I starting too early to plan this thing? thanks for the advice..t

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
twolf said:
Went to disney world april of 2004, and their site was pretty easy to navigate and they had different packages with total price for x amount of days for x amount of people at each resort.

Now can't make heads or tails of the site and what they offer..does not appear they offer any packages and you have to buy everything separate...tickets separate, lodging separate and so on.

Am I missing something?

I am planning on taking my daughter again(8 yrs old) the week before Christmas this year. ANy ideas or advice, any packages I am missing?

Do they still have breakfast with the princesses and so on? Can't find that on the site either.

We stayed at the animal kingdom last time.

ALso any info on car rental from airport would be helpful..I don't use credit cards, just my debit card....used to Alamo would allow rentals without a credit card...anyone know if it is the same or another company? planning to stay for 7 or 8 days, and want to see universal this time.

Will it be as crowded at disney at that time as in the summer or spring time?

Am I starting too early to plan this thing? thanks for the advice..t

Never fear, its 3am and I am bored!

First off, package deals for xmas time are not released yet. I don't know when they will be released but the only package they have out now goes thru the end of Sept.

Yes, there is still a princess breakfast. I believe it is now in Norway at Epcot. There is also Cinderella's Royal Table in MK. (dont quote me on this tho bc I am more of a fan of Pooh and his friends at Crystal Palace)

I have no clue about rental cars. I have never rented one. Whenever we wanted to go to another park we would just call Mears and they would take us there inexpensively.

The week *before* xmas isnt that bad. Much less crowded than the spring and summer. Ive gone before in Dec. but never any later than the 18th. The xmas decorations are all up and Mickeys Very Merry Xmas Party is available then. Get tickets for it. They make it snow on Main St. VERY COOL. Word of advice- it was really cold when we were there...highs in the 45-50 range. pack coats.

I dont think u are too early. You can always make the reservations now but just keep your eyes peeled for package deals. When a package comes out that you want just call WDW back and they can change your reservation.

Hope this makes sense. It's 3am here so you have to bare with me. Lol. :)

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I think there's really just some difference in terminology between yourself and Disney..

Disney "packages" have never really been a discounted rate. They were just everything conviently grouped. You still payed for it all.

Now, packages are more upfront about that.

You can do room-only. That's 1 option.

You can do room and tickets, and that's actually a "package." Everything is still rack rate though.

You can do room, tickets, and dining plan. Dining plan is cool - it's like $35 per adult per night and gets you lots of food per day. The table service meal it covers alone could be $60 or more per person. That's the "Magic Your Way Plus Dining" package.

There's another level up, premium or some such package, adds things like recreation, cirque du soleil, stuff like that. Most folks don't go for it and rather buy those items piece-meal.

So there ya have it. The online system will start you out by picking a room, then adding options. To do the dining plan, everyone in your party must purchase atleast a 1 day ticke,t and all the tickets must be the same.

As far as discounts - they dont typicaly cover packages, moreso room only (which with a discount you cant get the dining plan normally) but right now for August September there's a free dining plan deal going on.

I suggest a visit to mousesavers.com to see what deals are being offered.

If anything, call (not online) and book a room-only ressie so you have a place to stay. That week in december will book up soon, if not starting to do so already. It's very popular to be at WDW for christmas day itself. Booking online will get you an undesireable cancelation policy copmpared to grabbing a room-only reservation over the phone.

Upvote 0

twolf

Original Poster
thanks all will get on it and start looking at those links and keep my eyes open for the christmas specials.

On rental cars any advice? I dont have credit cards, don't believe in them, but have debt and cash. I know that alamo when I went to Iowa accepted cash and debit card.....any of the ones there in Orlando the same way? thanks..t

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
If you fly into Orlando airport and stay at a WDW resort, there's a free service to get you and luggage to the mouse called Magical Express.

Then, if you want to goto Universal you can either use Mears or a taxi the day of. Otherwise, onsite Disney transportation should get you around easily.

Upvote 0

barnum42

twolf said:
On rental cars any advice? I dont have credit cards, don't believe in them, but have debt and cash. I know that alamo when I went to Iowa accepted cash and debit card.....any of the ones there in Orlando the same way? thanks..t
As long as the debit card is Visa or Mastercard and you have sufficient funds in the account you should be OK.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom