UGH Packing

melmood2000

Original Poster
Ok so all the clothes are packed YAY:sohappy: but now that means that I have all the little odds and ends to pack for a 2 year old this is that part that I hate. Finding room for no spill cups, diapers, wipes, bedding for the pack n play and such :brick: We are flying Jet Blue so the first bag flies free, looks like I might need to pay to check another bag. Who els dislikes this part of getting ready for disney?

hajenga

Am so happy that I don't need "baby stuff" any more. My big guy is 5yo. I especially hated lugging my son's car seat through the airport (which I felt I had to use for safety sake). Socks and small clothes items pack well inside sippy cups. For me on the choise of one to two bags it usually comes down more to weight than size. I know I just weighed 4 1/2 lbs worth of sun screen I have bought for our next trip.

beckyj3266

Try rolling the clothes instead of folding them. I was shocked at how much more room I had when I rolled the clothes instead of folding. I was able to fit 10 days worth of clothes, diapers, etc. for my DD1 & DD3's together into 1 large duffle bag. We drove down so we didn't have to worry about luggage restrictions in that sense, but we did have to fit 7 people, all our luggage, and a cooler into 1 minivan for a 22 hour drive! Enjoy the flight and time at Disney!

jlandis44

Granted, my kid was about 4 for his first trip to WDW. I saved a little bit of hassle by not taking a booster seat for the plane (I just accepted that the probabilities of anything happening was low, but if something did happen, the probability of a booster seat mattering was pretty low too). Then, when I got to FL and got our rental car, I took a chance and immediately drove a few miles in the rental car and bought a $15 booster seat at the local KMart/Walmart. Then, when the trip was over, I just left it in the rental car. Not sure it was the "right thing to do" but it saved a little bit of a hassle.

For every trip, I try to pack as if I were staying for half as long as I am, plus 2 days. And, then I do laundry while we're at the hotel for an afternoon park break. That saves a ton of space, but does require me to remember to do the laundry!

docdebbi

have you considered having some of these extras delivered by gardengrocer? i never used this service until we started taking a baby- now 2 of them! we find it cheaper to keep the weight out of the suitcases and order things that we would need anyway. diapers take lots of room, wipes are heavy, etc.
there is a 12 delivery fee, but that's cheaper than a suitcase. shipping a package is also a great option as others have stated.
since we started having things delivered we've become spoiled! we order muffins, bagels, etc and grab a quick breakfast before leaving the room and we order snack foods and sodas for our afternoon return to the room/nap/pool session. cheaper and easier than vending machines or quick service restaurant.

Sari8970

We used Garden Grocer last year and are going to use it again this year. We've also shipped packages and one year it didn't get there before we left (obviously an issue with the post office and not Disney). Garden Grocer has a $12 delivery fee and you have to order $40 worth of stuff and when we picked up our package at the business center we were told there was $10 fee, which we had no clue about.

We find it costs much less to pay the delivery fee than buy every meal at the hotels and restaurants. Also, my kids are pains in the a** and they don't really eat lots of things. Buy using the grocery delivery I can get things that they eat and we always eat breakfast in the room. Last year we ate almost every single meal there (for them) and we will probably just do lunch in the parks before coming back for a nap for my 2 1/2 year old and then have dinner when he gets up before heading back to the park.

And yes, I hate packing and I absolutely hate that we have to pay for our luggage, as if the airline tickets aren't expensive enough!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom