UFO at the Studios?

Jpfan4ever

Original Poster
I was with my family and we were at Disney's Hollywood Studios on Sun. March 30. We saw the early showing of Fantasmic because there was no later show.
There was some convention at the studios and the park closed at 8:00. After the show, it was almost 9:30, and they directed the guest after the show to leave at the exit near Oscar's, because the other exits were blocked off because of the convention.
As always everyone was rushing to get out of the theater. We got to were they have all the strollers and everyone in front of me stopped. I was like, okay whats going on?? Then i saw people pointing to the sky, and it was, without a doubt, a UFO.
My first thoughts were maybe it was from the convention, because it was not moving. But then it started to move; it turned on it side and started to rotate. It had lights on the sides and it looked like a disc, but more like a hockey puck. It moved slowly and thenjust took off. Everyone just stood there in awe and didn't move. There was also a lot of security that night, and I remember one of them talking to another saying what was that thing. the next day I waited to see if anything came up on the news but nothing did.
I was just wondering if anyone was there on March 30, and saw this, or has any information on the convetion that was held on that date. Thank you!!

tigfan

It's always amazing to me how no one ever seems to get a photo of this sort of claim...despite the prevalence of cell phone cameras, not to mention the likelihood of having a regular camera while at a tourist attraction such as Disney. That tends to make me suspicious of claims such as these.

EpcotServo

It's always amazing to me how no one ever seems to get a photo of this sort of claim...despite the prevalence of cell phone cameras, not to mention the likelihood of having a regular camera while at a tourist attraction such as Disney. That tends to make me suspicious of claims such as these.

I am interested that nobody happened to have some kind of photo or video. But it's hard to say that any of the people who saw the object would know about this site, and or that said blurry fhotographic evi-dents would come out clearly enough to warrent sharing with the media.
:shrug:

Jpfan4ever

Original Poster
No this is not a April fool’s joke, I’m not trying to fool you guys. I will give more info though. It was windy that night and everyone was rushing out after the show at the one exit. I stopped when everyone else did (Near the stroller parking on the trail to the reserved seating at Fantasmic). Everyone was pointing and saying “look at that” “what is that?” It had yellow lights all around it and looked like a hockey puck. I thought it was some sortta advertisement thing but then it started rotating on its side. I took my phone out and trying taking pics. But they cam out blurry.(I’m so ed) It looked as if it was over the Brown Derby. It moved slowly passed some trees over to 50’s Prime Time, then shot up into the sky. All I remember was the guards talking as I said in my previous post. I hope you guys don’t think I’m lying, I may only have 2 posts, but I have actually been reading your posts and comment for a few years now. Thank you and if anyone was there that night, please tell and if you have any info on the convention that took place on March 30th at the studios, please tell.

yankspy

You see. It is just what many have been talking about. UFO's do not fit the theme of DHS. They are supposed to be in Epcot.:):D

Jpfan4ever

Original Poster
I am interested that nobody happened to have some kind of photo or video. But it's hard to say that any of the people who saw the object would know about this site, and or that said blurry fhotographic evi-dents would come out clearly enough to warrent sharing with the media.
:shrug:
Ya, when I first saw it I was like, it's nothing, but after that you see it moving. Then I was in awe, then I thought okay dumb-______ take a picture. But it was at night and the lighting was bad, I'm so mad I left my camera at the hotel and my phone camera isn't good. My mom has been searching on the net to see if anyone has any pics posted yet. She has found nothing and is going crazy. We joke with her and tell her that shes acting like Richard Dryfuss from Close Encounters.:lol:

EpcotServo

Ya, when I first saw it I was like, it's nothing, but after that you see it moving. Then I was in awe, then I thought okay dumb-______ take a picture. But it was at night and the lighting was bad, I'm so mad I left my camera at the hotel and my phone camera isn't good. My mom has been searching on the net to see if anyone has any pics posted yet. She has found nothing and is going crazy. We joke with her and tell her that shes acting like Richard Dryfuss from Close Encounters.:lol:

Ok, you made a Close Encounters riff, so I believe.
:lol:

I made an artist rendering...anything like this?

MGMSightingPhoto.jpg

If you can, share the cell phone pictures. I'd still love to see them!
:wave:

ChrisFL

Premium Member
So you're at the #1 tourist destination in the world, I'm sure SOMEONE had to be taking pictures or filming it! Maybe they'll come forward soon...

Piebald

There is this thing, I don't know if it is a plane or what. Anyways, it has a big screen under it so as it flies over it shows advertisements and various other things. It looks like a UFO or something but I'm pretty sure it's a plane with some big screen underneath it. When you look up it looks like you are looking at a flying billboard basically. Maybe people were dumb enough to think that was a UFO? I'll admit, it's pretty odd the first time you see it. I saw it flying over Disney once when I was working (coincidentally, DHS).

NASAMan

I often get asked to explain various sightings. A UFO is just that: an unidentified flying object. Once information is given, its identity may be revealed. Here is my opinion of what this UFO was.

A silver mylar souvenir balloon. A night, you would not see the balloon per se but the lights of the park below reflecting off it. When accidentally released, it would rise upright but then lay over to a more stable horizontal position. It would be carried by air currents, which can drastically change speed and direction as the balloon ascends. Since you are seeing the reflected park lights, it will appear to move faster as it gets further from the light source. Most people were in a position to identify it as a lost balloon, but from where the OP was standing it may have been harder to distinguish.

Most UFO reports are of normal, natural events that the observer is unaware of. Everyone's brain is wired to identify and label things that are observed, and if you don't have a very extensive knowledge or experience base to draw on, it is easy to assume more fantastic explanations. Meanwhile, I'll always be scanning the skies, because who knows what you may see!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom