Uber

TXDisney

Original Poster
Not sure I ever got an answer to this or not, but does Disney still make u pay for parking if uber is just dropping you off?

photomatt

Not sure I ever got an answer to this or not, but does Disney still make u pay for parking if uber is just dropping you off?
No. Disney no longer charges any taxi company to pick up or drop off. Uber is included in this new policy. The only place that gives Uber a hard time is the security at Shades of Green. That will change soon enough.

photomatt

Not completely true.

Uber Black Car can, and does, offer airport services.

At this time, no Uber or Lyft vehicle can legally pick up at the Orlando airport. A tentative agreement was recently reached, and it appears that Uber Black might be allowed to pick up soon, but no date has been set. Right now, Uber Black does not even exist as an option in Orlando.

Again, right now, no Uber (or any variation of it) can pick up legally at MCO.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
At this time, no Uber or Lyft vehicle can legally pick up at the Orlando airport. A tentative agreement was recently reached, and it appears that Uber Black might be allowed to pick up soon, but no date has been set. Right now, Uber Black does not even exist as an option in Orlando.

Again, right now, no Uber (or any variation of it) can pick up legally at MCO.
Good to know. As I recall, there are some issues there regarding a lawsuit as well?

I don't follow it, but airport pickups for standard UberX drivers are an issue at a lot of airports.

Uber Black, and in many cases Uber SUV, do not have these issues, as the requirements are different (as I'm sure you are aware). They pay airport medallions, and other fees, and generally are only using Uber to subsidize their personal business. Smaller taxi/limo groups are all over it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom