Uber/Lyft at Disney?

captainkidd

Original Poster
I apologize as this should go in the transportation forum, but it would likely never be seen. 2 questions:

1. Is ride sharing available from the parks?
2. Is ride sharing available for pickups at Orlando Airport?

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I apologize as this should go in the transportation forum, but it would likely never be seen. 2 questions:

1. Is ride sharing available from the parks?
2. Is ride sharing available for pickups at Orlando Airport?

Yes to both

Mr. Magics is correct, but I should note that ride sharing in the parks is now frowned upon. I took an uber (a relatively new Camry driven by a sage looking school mom type) from France to Norway in WS when I got an overwhelming hankering for some school bread once and apparently driving around WS is considered somewhat of a no-no. Live and learn, live and learn.

Donfan

Might Uber be a better way to get to the waterparks from the Disney hotels, or should I rent a car? Both of which seem faster and easier than waiting for the waterpark busses which don't seem to run very often.

cyanaye

Might Uber be a better way to get to the waterparks from the Disney hotels, or should I rent a car? Both of which seem faster and easier than waiting for the waterpark busses which don't seem to run very often.

exclusively used Uber and lyft on my recent trip, and we stayed off resort closer to Uni. the fares were around 15-20 most often, and it was quick and easy just make sure if youre leaving via Uber, that you know where the pick up location is! CM's are glad to help, they know how many people are using UBER. it will probably be cheaper than a rental, however im not too familiar with renting cars.

Kenny1132

Girlfriend and I are going in September and plan to use Uber to get to parks on certain days, mainly the ones where we really want to get there for opening. I ran the numbers for our trip and it was much much cheaper than renting a car

Minthorne

So could an Uber driver with an annual pass go in and out and drop you at the TTC?

If you are clever you have them drop you off at the Contemporary. And if going to Universal have them drop you off at the Hard Rock hotel. Both are a quicker walk to parks than the normal drop off spots at TTC or CityWalk.

Kristamouse

Uber can NOT take you to the bus drift off area, I learned that the hard way...
I dropped off and picked up at the Contemporary after the 1day shenanigans.

thomas998

exclusively used Uber and lyft on my recent trip, and we stayed off resort closer to Uni. the fares were around 15-20 most often, and it was quick and easy just make sure if youre leaving via Uber, that you know where the pick up location is! CM's are glad to help, they know how many people are using UBER. it will probably be cheaper than a rental, however im not too familiar with renting cars.

If you shop around and aren't pick on the particular car you can generally find one for about 30/day... So if you only plan on using Uber 2 times a day (to a park and back) then Uber could be cheaper..... but if you plan on multiple things in a day I'm betting a cheap rental car will be less.

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
What's the general uber/lyft rate from MCO to the Boardwalk (or Epcot)?

Everything is based on the amount of people using it at that moment. I can tell you Uber now has to pay the MCO fee just like a taxi dose so right now as I type it shows $62 - $78

Now if you don't mind a little working "Magic"

Take a Mears Taxi (Metered) from MCO to the Denny's on TG Lee BLVD (Estimated fare $8.57)

Then an Uber from Denny's to Boardwalk (Estimated fare this moment $19 -$25)

So a total $36 with some "magic"

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom