UBER from resort to parks

riogirl

Original Poster
I am staying at Port Orleans Riverside for the first time in February and I am hearing terrible reviews on their bus service to the parks. My question is-is it possible to take a Uber to the parks and where would I be dropped off? (I am not sure if I'd be dropped at the TTC if I am going to Magic Kingdom) Thanks in advance!

castlecake2.0

Uber will drop you at the Transportation and Ticket Centre for Magic Kingdom. The other parks have Guest drop off points near the motorcoach depots.

trainplane3

Uber will drop you at the Transportation and Ticket Centre for Magic Kingdom. The other parks have Guest drop off points near the motorcoach depots.
If they wanted to get even closer, couldn't Uber drop you off at the Contemporary? That would put you within a 10 minute walk to the park. And could be useful in the chance the Monorail is down and the ferries are overloaded.

@riogirl : Really, the buses aren't too bad. Typically a 20 minute wait on most days. The worse part to me is how some buses will stop at other resorts before reaching the park. But honestly, I'd give a day to try the buses and if you don't like them then do Uber.

Rumrunner

I am staying at Port Orleans Riverside for the first time in February and I am hearing terrible reviews on their bus service to the parks. My question is-is it possible to take a Uber to the parks and where would I be dropped off? (I am not sure if I'd be dropped at the TTC if I am going to Magic Kingdom) Thanks in advance!
After the recent terrorist event in NYC by a Uber driver I don't really want any of them inside the secure areas of the Disney resort. They just don't have a thorough enough screening process for drivers and Uber has shown to be a very disorganized poorly run company. With that said I am sure many of the Uber drivers are great-but I don't want them driving thru the gates at the Disney resorts. The bus service in my experience has been great.

SyracuseDisneyFan

We used the bus system for the first time this past May. We stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge and waited about 20 minutes for a bus to Magic Kingdom.

EricsBiscuit

The bus is really something special! Sometimes I wait 5 minutes, others it's more like 20. It really depends on luck and how many people are waiting with you.

J_Carioca

We just stayed offsite for the first time and used Uber the entire trip. To get to MK we would ask them to drop off at any of the MK hotels and then we'd walk, boat or monorail over.

BUT...this shouldn't matter to you because you're staying at a Disney resort - just take the bus! I've stayed at all the moderates, two of the value and three of the deluxe resorts and I can't say that I've found a resort that has terrible bus service.

wplong1

Premium Member
I keep basically cutting and pasting my thoughts on this into different threads, but Uber is an absolute no-brainer. To me the buses are the least magical transportation and biggest waste of time at WDW. Other than monorail destinations or returns, on our last trip this February we used Uber to get to parks in the morning and to get to and from dining reservations each evening. Never waited more than 5 minutes, transfers are quick, DIRECT and to designated Uber drop off areas near entrances of the parks or at the front door of hotels (MK would be closest to the Contemporary of course), and I don't think a single ride was more than about $8 or $10. Literally saves hours of waiting and frustration.

SyracuseDisneyFan

One evening, we took a bus to the Magic Kingdom from Animal Kingdom Lodge and vice versa. At Magic Kingdom, there was a longer wait for the bus back to Animal Kingdom Lodge.

piglet1

Question - if Uber picks you up at your resort, does it have to be at the hotel lobby? For example, if we are staying at OKW, will Uber pick us up at our building, or do we have to get to the Hospitality House to be picked up? Thanks!

BigRedDad

Buses are hit or miss. POR was the stay that convinced me to drive down all the time. It may have been bad luck, bad CMs, poor bus service...who knows. The only recommendation I can make is if the park has a separate stop for POFQ, hop on that bus and just walk back to POR. This is what we did the last 5 days of our 7 day trip. If you think you are waiting longer than expected, document it and include names. I did after the very first bus wait. It is the only thing that gave meat to my complaint and the ultimate reason they offered the compensation they did.

Driver

What most don't understand is the busses are not dispatched through the resorts. They are dispatched through the particular park you are going to or from. If that park is very busy at a time you need to travel then you may experience a longer wait. Uber is not well liked by management because they put guests at risk by compromising safety. It has been mentioned banning them from property. (Think Minnie vans)

piglet1

Question - if Uber picks you up at your resort, does it have to be at the hotel lobby? For example, if we are staying at OKW, will Uber pick us up at our building, or do we have to get to the Hospitality House to be picked up? Thanks!

Thanks, ABQ! And yep, annoying by useful! :)

Driver

You should be able to get p/u at most buildings in most resorts

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom