Uber around Disney

LIMA TIME

I'm sure the answer is around here somewhere, but I wanted to hear from you all anyway.

We will be flying to Disney for the first time and not renting a car. So the question is, how long have y'all had to wait to get Uber's when you stay on property? We will need to uber to Hollywood Studios, Disney Srings, etc. We will be staying at Poly, but the bus is not a option to get around, the Mrs. Lima and kiddos get car sick. (well bus sick, but you get the idea)

Just want to know what we can expect before we get there.

Thanks in advance.

Lima.

JIMINYCR

Weve used Uber on multiple occasions and it can vary. On our most recent trip DS and I were able to catch rides anywhere from 5 minutes out to 30 minutes. At the end of an EP night towards the end of harmonious for example, DS got a ride 7 minutes out. When we got to the loading area there was a long line of cars waiting for pick ups. For a ride from AK lodge to DS for a late night ADR we waited close to 20 minutes for an arrival.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

We haven't tended to use rideshares during popular times (e.g., park opening and park closing), so my experiences are limited to mid-morning or mid-afternoon. I usually check both Lyft and Uber to see which drivers are closest (or cheapest), and we've never waited more than 5 minutes.

Upvote 0

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

I find this interesting....

Being on the OLD side? We've tended to use MEARS cabs. Confessing that we have been concerned about Freddy Kruger types, with UBER/LYFT.

Please tell me that I am being silly? We generally use cab services to get to/from restaurants....

Upvote 0

LIMA TIME

Original Poster

Being on the OLD side? We've tended to use MEARS cabs. Confessing that we have been concerned about Freddy Kruger types, with UBER/LYFT.

Please tell me that I am being silly? We generally use cab services to get to/from restaurants....
Not silly at all, but they are just as safe as cabs. Plus you get to meet new people which is always great.

Upvote 0

James J

In the Parks
No

Lyft/Uber are definitely safe to use, and in fact quite a few of the drivers are also CM's at WDW. We had a monorail driver as our Lyft once and had a really interesting chat with her. Another had an iPad setup in the back for people to watch Disney movies on whilst they were driven to their destination, and we had a guy turn up in a full on tuxedo once and had water in the back of the car for us.

Upvote 0

Disney4family

We used to use the Mears taxis, too. We noticed last year that it took forever. A Cast Member told us there was a driver shortage. This year we used Lyft since I still had it on my phone from the Minnie Van days. We had a perfectly clean car and a great driver in seconds every time. It was much easier and much faster than the taxis. They had phone chargers, iPads, music and hand sanitizer, too.

Upvote 0

LIMA TIME

Original Poster
Weve used Uber on multiple occasions and it can vary. On our most recent trip DS and I were able to catch rides anywhere from 5 minutes out to 30 minutes. At the end of an EP night towards the end of harmonious for example, DS got a ride 7 minutes out. When we got to the loading area there was a long line of cars waiting for pick ups. For a ride from AK lodge to DS for a late night ADR we waited close to 20 minutes for an arrival.
Thank you.

Upvote 0

wplong1

Premium Member

I've had MANY more creepy/weird Silence of the Lambs-esque drivers in cabs than in Ubers. Although I occasionally get a suboptimal driver or vehicle in Uber, they don't seem to last long if you report problems to Uber. No such recourse with cabs.

We exclusively use Uber around WDW (do love the Monorail and will use it, but no buses). Absolutely the most efficient way to get around.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

We used Mears also before the Uber/Lyft availability. Weve enjoyed the Uber rides and found them to arrive faster and be more on time than Mears, even with prior booking. I like the ability to track their progress to your jumping off spot. Weve found Uber completely safe and have had no concerns about the drivers. Some are silent throughout the entire ride, some have limited english, some will make conversation, but weve never had a driver who was intrusive or disrespectful.

Upvote 0

Cowboy Steve

Uber/Lyft has worked GREAT for us going from resort to resort. Prior to the rideshare revolution it could take as long as 90 minutes one way to use Disney buses to go between Disney resorts (mainly for dinner reservations at other resorts). Rideshare dropped that down to about 20 mins each way (including wait time). We did use Uber for a trip to the airport from our resort when the DME moved our departure time up without bothering to notify us of the change... there was only 2 of us and it was a short trip, so minimal luggage. I have not had a bad experience with either service on the property.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom