u know what DCA needs?

yensidtlaw1969

Original Poster
I've only been to Disneyland/DCA once, and I have to say that Paradise Pier is cool to look at night. As far as Timon, that's behind th Tower of Terror, right? Or am I just crazy? :confused: :hammer: I liked DCA. I'm usully at WDW, seeing as I'm n the East Coast. I thinkit des need E-Tickets though. I want to be an Imagineer, so maybe I can come up with some rides, build models of them, take pictures of them, and send themto Disney. Sure, there's 9.9 percent chance thy won't build them, but hey, maybe I'll come up with something that they'll base something on. You never know. I'll post Ideas on here andsee if the people like them. That way, I don't send something that nobody will like. But where exactlyis Timon again?

General Grizz

Originally posted by yensidtlaw1969
Sure, there's 9.9 percent chance thy won't build them, but hey, maybe I'll come up with something that they'll base something on.

Definitely continue doing work, but only show them your work when you apply. Otherwise, the work will be immediately rejected with a happy note saying, "We do not accept material from the public."

Policy puts most Imagineers PARANOID about even hearing the slightest ideas from the public.

DarkMeasures

I should do music for the imagineers....

One little spark...
will blow you up...
one little spark...
...and you are dead....

....maybe not....

yensidtlaw1969

Original Poster
I totally get that they would be paraniod after gettingso much mail about we want this, you should make that, I need to see this. But aren't they supposed to build what the people want, so they know people will come? By the way, how old do you have to be to apply/ be an imagineer? I'm 13 so it may be a while.

yensidtlaw1969

Original Poster
Originally posted by DarkMeasures
I should do music for the imagineers....

One little spark...
will blow you up...
one little spark...
...and you are dead....

....maybe not....
That's so great.:drevil:

General Grizz

By the way, how old do you have to be to apply/ be an imagineer? I'm 13 so it may be a while.

Whenever it is that you finish up your college career. . . they also like to see some experience outside of the company.

DarkMeasures

I am sure they would hire me right away if I were to just walk in the place.... and if not then they will hire me when they see my RCT2 parks...

yensidtlaw1969

Original Poster
What does RCT2 stand for? Anyway, unless someone else here isn't old enough to have a college education, I'm afraid I might be the only one who has a chance, because I have yet to go to college, and I still have time to fnd out the right college to go to to become one. I'm definately goingtocontinue coming up with Ideas, so that way, when I do apply, I have thousands of great great Ideas.

yensidtlaw1969

Original Poster
there's 9.9 percent chance thy won't build them
I meant 99.9 percent. Sorry for all the typos, half of the time I'm typing on my laptop which has a faulty keyboard.

yensidtlaw1969

Original Poster
Originally posted by General Grizz
Whenever it is that you finish up your college career. . . they also like to see some experience outside of the company.
Experience like what?:hammer: Is there anyone on this message board who IS an imagineer? If so, please say so!

cherrynegra

Before setting foot in DCA, I had read many a review of DCA's lack of charm, attractions, etc. So when I made my first visit, I definitely took my time to walk the entire park to get a feel for it. Both in the day, and at night. Now, I do agree that Paradise Pier is quite charming at night. No doubt about it.

However, the funny thing is that I did not feel as if I were in any type of Disney park. Even with all the characters around and attractions themed to certain Disney characters, DCA was missing that Disney charm and ambience we have all come to know and love. That certain undescribable quality one feels when entering any Disney park. Yes, even Animal Kingdom. This is how I felt. I can't speak for other guests.

Now, I can't say this what the imagineers wanted, a park with its own distinct personality, so distinct that it doesn't even feel like a Disney park. I won't go so far as to say that DCA is a Six Flags Clone, but I would certainly understand why others would feel that way.

General Grizz

Experience like what?:hammer:

Nowadays, Disney is VERY selective. You're going to want to have several backgrounds so you can switch easily between jobs (assuming the company is still unstable as it is today - or if WDI will even be around! *cough* Eisner :rolleyes: ).

Anyway. You're going to want to SHOW Disney some of your experience. i.e. you may want to work for other companies and do something great so Disney will welcome you.

This isn't mandatory, but if Disney rejects you on the first time, go do something else, and keep coming back.

You will need a good college background to be "the best of the best."

Good luck!

jrriddle

DCA needs a less restrictive theme.
I know that it's a little late for that. But really. How much can you do with a park that own name dictates that the attraction, show, etc. should have a least something to do with the state of California?
They are slowly moving away from this, making it more of Disney's Adventure (in California).
I agree with WRE coming in. I've tried to bring up this idea at a Disneyland board. I don't think alot of people really "got it".
I also wonder if Discovery Bay would fit in. (it was supposed to be a goldrush fantasy setting in SF).
Let's face it the park still needs work, it aint no Westcot.
I mean a Tortilla making attraction...come on...

yensidtlaw1969

Original Poster
Originally posted by General Grizz
if WDI will even be around! *cough* Eisner :rolleyes: ).
You're right. Knowing Michael, he's going to fire alkl the Imagineers because " It will save money and I'm creative enough. I got it! We can call it Pay Eisner. You get in a car which is a shopping cart from Stop and Shop ( it's cheaper to steal them ) and you go around an Animatronic of me. But it get's better. It's interactive " ( no you don't throw tomatoes at him( gosh darn it! ) " You throw money at him/me! The ride ends when you're all out of cash, and then you are taken to my animator machine. No, it doesn't make movies, it turns you into an animal for Kilimanjaro Safari!" It's the Circle of Life. You're born, you make money, you throw money, and then you become a huge ugly Rhino, Just like ME!"

General Grizz

LOL. . . don't forget that, because Eisner fired the animators, they had to hire an outside company to animate the preshow in Stitch's Great Escape!

In fact, many Imagineers are hired per-project.

TIME TO GET HIM OUT!

Lennyg512

Originally posted by jrriddle
DCA needs a less restrictive theme.
I know that it's a little late for that. But really. How much can you do with a park that own name dictates that the attraction, show, etc. should have a least something to do with the state of California?
They are slowly moving away from this, making it more of Disney's Adventure (in California).
I agree with WRE coming in. I've tried to bring up this idea at a Disneyland board. I don't think alot of people really "got it".
I also wonder if Discovery Bay would fit in. (it was supposed to be a goldrush fantasy setting in SF).
Let's face it the park still needs work, it aint no Westcot.
I mean a Tortilla making attraction...come on...
I agree. If some great attractions are added to this park, the name should be changed. Does anyone have any suggestions for a new name?

yensidtlaw1969

Original Poster
Originally posted by Lennyg512
I agree. If some great attractions are added to this park, the name should be changed. Does anyone have any suggestions for a new name?
How about Disneyland Adventure that has no Intentional Relation to California and any Connection of This Park and California is Purely Coincidential.:lol:
Rolls off the Tounge doesn't it?

Merlin

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Lennyg512

I actually don't think there is anything wrong with the name, Disney's California Adventure. I would keep that. What they do need to get away from, though, is the concept that it's ABOUT California. Disney either intentionally misrepresented this as the theme, or they thought they'd be able to come up with a lot more ideas related to California. At this point, it's not really a "California" theme park. They really ought to have some sort of campaign where they sort of re-establish a different theme in people's minds. I think they should take sort of a "Touchstone" mindset with this park. They created the Touchstone film label so they could make films that were more mainstream without adhering to the Disney formula. I would have no problem if they wanted to essentially do the same thing with DCA and then eventually open other similar parks in other states (Disney's Texas Adventure, Disney's New York Adventure, etc). My resentment comes from the fact that they try to pass it off as a park that salutes the Golden State.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom