u know what DCA needs?

yensidtlaw1969

Original Poster
You know what DCA needs? I know this is a WDW site, but this is the only place I can put this. It needs some mountains. I know they've become a cliche, but it only has one( Grizzly River Run ). What do you think?

Legacy

Um... can't say I agree with the idea of adding a mountain to it. What DCA needs is some unique E-Ride on the same caliber as what Tower of Terror or Expedition Everest. Disney has the potential to turn the park into a force, but management just doesn't want to take the risk.

The worst thing going for the park is its limited scope. No offense to California because I would say it about any state, but a state alone is not enough to theme an entire park. It's just too difficult unless you start diving into really obscure references. When you start doing that though, you start alienating people from outside the state.

Honestly, I would just like to see them add the Muppets overlay to SuperStar Limo. I think just that would create a tone of positive attitude about the place.

General Grizz

Originally posted by yensidtlaw1969
You know what DCA needs?

A wrecking ball? :D

Just kidding. Well, I LOATHE Paradise Pier (looks horrible on the Disneyland map).

I would replace this area with a whole Muppets studio. A Great Movies Ride. What the heck. Make it the Disney-MGM Studios. :lol:

yensidtlaw1969

Original Poster
That's actually not a bad Idea. Turn the whole park into MGM. Disney Just bought a Strawberry field near Disneyland, and I heard that they have plans to built a clone of Epcot, Titled Westcot. I'm not sure how I feel about the name, but other than that it sounds good. They then can Have the Magic Kingdom, Epcot/Westcot and MGM. They can put a building over the California Screamin', amke it all dark, add a new soundtrack, and Voila! You have the Rockin' Roller Coaster. They can build the Studio Backlot tour somewhere, and then make Super Star Limo the Muppet Movie rideor Miss Piggys SSL, or even the Great movie ride. If I gave it some thought I'm sure I could come upwith some more Ideas, but that's all I have for now. Great Idea General Grizz! I'm not kidding.

KaliSplash

I've heard the Westcot idea before. I thought they ditched in in favor of DCA.
But if they've got a whole strawberry field now. well ....

ToTBellHop

The entire 3rd theme park idea has been totally scrapped. When Matt Ouimet came along with a brain (unlike Harriss), he realized that the money set aside for the 3rd theme park would be put to better use expanding the current two parks. So that is what will happen instead. With that in mind, the next e-ticket is already nearing groundbreaking at DCA, where that big X Games stadium was last summer. Should be announced within the year, and it should be fantastic :) It's an original, not a clone!

General Grizz

They could always boost attendance with Disney's Wonderful World of 18. . . featuring PLEASURE ISLAND, Miramax and Dimension Film Experiences, the ARE YOU HOT? Contest (Sponsored by ABC), and the Jessica Rabbit ride. Hotel rooms will showcase Disney's "adult entertainment" that they distribute on Pay Per View.

:lookaroun

What? Disney has the rights to this stuff, anyway.

Perhaps. . . Perhaps.

If Disneyland could have a second park? Gee. I would have just expanded Disneyland (although the separation doesn't help). I can't stand the California idea. . . but WESTCOT was cancelled years ago (but I think this would have been the second-best option).

Lee

Adventurer
Re: Re: u know what DCA needs?

Originally posted by General Grizz
. Well, I LOATHE Paradise Pier (looks horrible on the Disneyland map).

And here the General and I disagree.
I absolutely LOVE Paradise Pier. Visually stunning at night, as much as anything at WDW. Pier does need another family-friendly attraction (I love the Monster's Inc. Fun House concept...)

But, what DCA needs badly is a big, classic, people-eating E-ticket on level with Pirates. Matt and Jay are looking at the remainder of the old Timon lot and the area of the X Games arena for just such a beast. (Western River reborn as the Gold Rush, perhaps?)

And yeah, RnRC would go great in HPB. There has been talk of that....but just talk.

General Grizz

Okay. Throw in a Western River Expedition with song-singing cowboys and I'll settle with Paradise Pier.

But the mouse coaster looks HORRIBLE on the Disneyland map. Makes it look like Six Flags.

EDIT: CRAP! This was my 8,000th post. Let me turn things around a little.

I LOVE DISNEY!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

:p

Testtrack321

The problem with getting rid of Paradise Pier is that they use that lagoon as the water reserve for Grizz River Run. As for turning it into MGM is that, hey, they already have a Holywood part of the park! I think Paradise Pier is great, and I've been there and seen it! All they need for DCA is more people in the park, a few new Haunted Mansion and Pirates calibur rides, and open everything they closed. Nothing makes a park look good than having EVERYTHING open to everyone. It just looks so much nicer and more inviting. :D

General Grizz

Originally posted by Testtrack321
The problem with getting rid of Paradise Pier is that they use that lagoon as the water reserve for Grizz River Run. As for turning it into MGM is that, hey, they already have a Holywood part of the park! I think Paradise Pier is great, and I've been there and seen it! All they need for DCA is more people in the park, a few new Haunted Mansion and Pirates calibur rides, and open everything they closed. Nothing makes a park look good than having EVERYTHING open to everyone. It just looks so much nicer and more inviting. :D

COMPROMISE!

Scrap Paradise Pier and use the lagoon for the Tokyo 20,000 Leagues and turn the rest into a mini-TOKYO DISNEY SEAS! I mean the park is disunited enough.

What? We can say this is for Disneyland's 50th! :rolleyes: :lol:

SIR90210

Here are a few ideas for DCA:
1: Replace SuperStar Limo with a PotC stunt show
2: Make the park Disney's America
3: BURN IT TO THE GROUND AND START OVER!!!

DarkMeasures

When I graduate from College they can hire me to compose new songs for all the new rides.

But that wont be for 4-8 years....

But I will do better than the Sherman Bros. and Michael Iceberg combined!!!

yensidtlaw1969

Original Poster
Originally posted by Testtrack321
they already have a Holywood part of the park!:D
I know that, which is why DCA would make a good MGM. They wouldn't have to gut the whole park. They could cover up the lagoon, but keep it there, and build the Backlot tour Either in place of Grizzly River Run or n Paradie Pier. Use the Lagoon as the Reservoir for Backlot tour Catastrophe Canyon.They could gut Soarin and if they built Westcot, put it there. It just wouldn't fit. Then it could be replaced with the Beauty and the Beast Stage Show. I already mentioned the Rockin' Roller Coaster/California Screamin Connection. The Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular Could replace Redwood Creek Thing. The New York City Street could be put by there too. But whatr about A Bugs Land? Well, I know this is really, REALLY going out on a limb, but they could build Animal Kingdom Next to DCA / MGM and just but the wall between MGM and a Bugs Land and take the wall down between Bugs land and Currently nothing. You know what? Ignore the Bugs land thing. Change it into The Honey I Shrunk the Kids Play Area. Then keep Hollywood Backlot area of DCA as it is, with the exceptionof Superstar Limo and Animation tour ( change it a little ). That's all I got for now. It may sound cheesy, but I don't care. Not much can be Cheesier than DCA.

DarkMeasures

I agree... stop wanting to destroy the park...

All it needs is a few more E-rides, a ticket ride of every other class.

And California has so much stuff and history and stuff that there is enough stuff to put in the park that guests would not be alienated by the stuff...

And they can learn about the things they don't know about. Epcot was a lot more succesful so I think learning is ok for the guests...

yensidtlaw1969

Original Poster
Originally posted by DarkMeasures
I agree... stop wanting to destroy the park...
It's not that. It'xs not that at all. I don'tr want to destroy it, it's just fun pondering how to destoy it.:drevil: I agree though, it does need more E-Tickets. Lets ponder what those could be.
And I don't really want to destroy the park. . . . . . . . .

Or do I?:drevil:

xfkirsten

I gotta agree, they just need more e-tickets at DCA. I know I'm probably in the minority, but i spend most of me DLR time at DCA. I'm might not always ben on attraction, but I just have a blast relaxing in that park. As far as I'm concerned - rip out Timon and use that area for expansion and ssome big e-tickets! I think I saw a total of ten cars in that lot yesterday. Put it to good use.

And cast my vote in favor of Paradise Pier. I think it's a great look at the "classic" amusement park feel. To me, that in itseslf IS the theming. And it is definiitely vissually stunning at night. A blast to take photos of!

-Kirsten

General Grizz

Originally posted by yensidtlaw1969
General Grizz, I think you've created a monster.:fork:

There, there. . . he's nice, I swear!

godzilla2000.jpg

:animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom