typhoon lagoon

murphy

Original Poster
Does anyone know the facts about the new water rides that are suppose to be added to typhoon lagoon or are they just rumors? The new rides are suppose to be like the ones at shillerbaughn!

tumbleweed12

What are you talkin about Murphy????????? What are your sources of rumors???? I dont think they would ad water rides in a lagoon with signs that say DO NOT SWIM, BACTERIA PRESENT.....Do You????????????????????????:hammer: :hammer:

same thing i posted on disboards but since the mods here frown on linking to other disney discussion boards ill just copy and paste.

The last I heard from Ms Tilly the plan was to rebuild and expand the mainchange area this fall and winter during Typhoon's down time. This area includes: High and Dry Towel and Locker Rental, Singapore Sal's (merchandise), the men's and women's changing rooms, the lockers, the donut stand, and a hair wrap stand. Since they rebuilt the entrance several years ago (diverting guests past the shop and towel and locker rentals on their way in) that whole area becomes a traffic jam during busy summer days (why anyone would want to go then is beyond me, if you do come do so after 3pm). The whole area will be demolished and pushed back further into the HUGE undeveloped area next to Typhoon (above and to the right of the park in this photo http://rotocat.tripod.com/1995/typhoon.jpg ) The new area will be bigger and the new paths wider to support the increased maximum capacity that will come with the new attraction. The existing area is stretched to the limit at the current max capacity (about 6800, with peaks of over 7000). The new area has been on the slate for a LONG time, with serious consideration for the last three years. In the summer of 2002 the Imagineers were on site doing extensive balloon tests and surveying the area. At the time we all were expecting the attraction to open with the park in 2003. Unfortunately the approval never came. Now it may be coincidence but around the same time Jay Rasulo took office word came around that the project was approved. The timetable for the attraction is for ground breaking to occur next summer and for the attraction to open with the park in 2005. This would allow foundation and other prepartion work to occur during the summer without interfering with guests and then during the rehab the onstage work will be completed. EVERYTHING I have heard has said that it will be a Master Blaster type coaster and perhaps some additional speed slides/thrill slides. If you have a Typhoon park map the entrance to the new area will be where Out-of-the-Way Key is now.

AndyP

Thats sounds really great, i wish they had all that new stuff done for summer 2004 though, cos thats when i'm going! When you say coaster, do you mean a proper roller coaster ?

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by AndyPretty
Thats sounds really great, i wish they had all that new stuff done for summer 2004 though, cos thats when i'm going! When you say coaster, do you mean a proper roller coaster ?

I doubt it...

kal1484

There is a waterpark that is always on the Travel Channel that has a rollercoaster waterslide. It's a body slide, and it very much resembles a rollercoaster. It has been a while since I've seen the shows on it (i dont have the travel channel) but I would bet that is what disney is planning on.

cookiee_munster

Anyone know where i could find pictures of such a thing ?

try looking up the master blaster at alton towers, they have recently received one in their cariba creek water park, looks pretty nifty, lol just sit on a mat and the water pushes you up tunnels by very strong jets of water. and of course like rollercaosters its all upto gravity to take care of the rest :)

CaptChris

A Master Blaster would be great. Every time I see the water park special on Travel Channel, I wish I could travel to texas just to ride the blaster at Schlitterbaun.

Chernabog

when I was trained for food and beverage over there in the summer of 2002, the managers all talked like this was something that had been approved and they were waiting till they closed to get it all built, however it just never happened and I never have heard why from any of my friends who still work there. It's nice to hear that other people heard this too and that it still might be a possibility.

ogryn

Originally posted by cookiee_munster
try looking up the master blaster at alton towers, they have recently received one in their cariba creek water park, looks pretty nifty, lol just sit on a mat and the water pushes you up tunnels by very strong jets of water. and of course like rollercaosters its all upto gravity to take care of the rest :)

Yep, it's great, if a little short. Better than the ones at Butlins. You are on inflatable donuts at Caribia Creek. At Butlins you are in two-man rafts. IIRC there is a weight limit on the ride of around 22 stone.

They only trouble is unless you want to do a lot of the ride backwards you have to constantly adjust the inflatable by kicking the walls. It is much better seeing where you are going.

Here is the company's page: http://www.nbgsintl.com/products_services.htm

I would love to have a go on the round-raft version. Screamscape also reckon they are getting a Torrent River.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom