Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach?

DABIGCHEEZ

For me and my family, it is BB over TL usually. Probably 3 BB visits to every 1 TL visit.

Which one is more appropriate for a young 6 year old?

I guess it really depends on the child...Both parks have nice themed kiddie areas, but BB does have an intermediate area with mid size slides (Ski-Patrol area I think)while I am pretty sure TL does not have a comparable area. The waves in the TL wavepool are very strong and at BB the waves are more of a gentle bobbing wave. The large family slide(fun for the whole family together) at BB blows away the one at TL also.

Last edited:

WDWoptmist

Personally like BB but it all depends on what you are looking for they are both such great water parks but completely different experiences

doctornick

Which one is more appropriate for a young 6 year old?

I'm in a similar boat and I think the consensus is that until a child is a good swimmer or is 48", BB is the better option. If they are 48" and can do Crush N Gusher and are a strong swimmer to handle the more powerful wave pool at TL and do the shark reef snorkeling, then TL is a good alternative.

Tom Morrow

When people say that TL is "better themed", can one expand on that? To me, Typhoon Lagoon is "themed" to be being a tropical area post typhoon -- basically, a place like Central Florida but with a few overturned boats and stuff. BB actually has a novel theme of an icy/snowy ski resort but with water rides instead.
Well if you go outside of tourist areas, Central Florida is not very tropical at all.

Typhoon Lagoon to me feels like an actual secluded tropical paradise, not a fake one, whereas Blizzard Beach has a unique theme but definitely feels manufactured. if that makes sense.

The number one thing that makes Blizzard Beach somewhat unpleasant for me, though, is the long stretches of concrete pathways in direct sun that are killer on your feet if you don't have flip flops.

Bairstow

Well if you go outside of tourist areas, Central Florida is not very tropical at all.

Typhoon Lagoon to me feels like an actual secluded tropical paradise, not a fake one, whereas Blizzard Beach has a unique theme but definitely feels manufactured. if that makes sense.

The number one thing that makes Blizzard Beach somewhat unpleasant for me, though, is the long stretches of concrete pathways in direct sun that are killer on your feet if you don't have flip flops.

Just to echo this- Typhoon Lagoon is much more of a place that you explore. The trails go all over the place, the rockwork and greenery are very convincing, and it's fun to spot all the weird nautical wreckage and debris strewn about on the sides of the streams and pathways.

Blizzard Beach, meanwhile, is set up more like an actual ski slope- every queue has you climbing up towards the same central point and sliding back down. The "freak snowstorm in Florida" theme is interesting, but all the white and blue painted concrete always looks like white and blue painted concrete.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom