News Typhoon Lagoon nighttime ticketed event begins this summer

*Q*

I wonder what "lighting effects" entails? Setting up a slide projector on the back of the wave pool?

surfsupdon

Typhoon Lagoon has looooong been my favorite WDW Park. Even more so since MDE and FP+....there is something just so nice to not having a plan, not have reservations, but rather just play and move around at will from slide to slide. Without long lines. Love tl (BUT REALLY MISSING SHARK REEF!)

FutureCEO

1521062986032.png

No Name

In general, I find it amazing that they have two water parks that are almost entirely movie/television-IP-free. I bet every guest scratches their head in confusion, thinking to themself "this is not 'Disney'!" They're probably like "who the hell is Miss Adventure? I will enjoy this experience significantly less because Miss Adventure wasn't in a Disney movie!" The attendance numbers, which list the two as the most attended water parks in the world, must be fabricated.

No, seriously, Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon are acting as "content engines"! That's against Iger law, where content is supposed to hail from movies/television and everything else is supposed to be an extension of those.

GeneralKnowledge

In general, I find it amazing that they have two water parks that are almost entirely movie/television-IP-free. I bet every guest scratches their head in confusion, thinking to themself "this is not 'Disney'!" They're probably like "who the hell is Miss Adventure? I will enjoy this experience significantly less because Miss Adventure wasn't in a Disney movie!" The attendance numbers, which list the two as the most attended water parks in the world, must be fabricated.

No, seriously, Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon are acting as "content engines"! That's against Iger law, where content is supposed to hail from movies/television and everything else is supposed to be an extension of those.

Can a mod delete this post so Disney doesn’t get any ideas....we don’t need Blizzard Beach to be turned into Frozen the Water Park

hpyhnt 1000

What is this obsession with the Toy Story characters? You'd think Moana would make more sense from an IP standpoint given Typhoon's theming. Could've made for some fun extra entertainment - Maui surfing on a wave, a Polynesian luau, tikis, torches, etc. But I guess they want that "synergy" with the opening of Toy Story Land, so Partysaurus Rex it is...

Chances they copy the MK party model and let people in a bit early? If you could enter TL staring at 6 PM, that would help on the value standpoint. Otherwise ~$60 for 3 hours at a waterpark is pretty steep.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom