Typhoon Lagoon Glow Night Missed due to flight

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
Our Delta flight was delayed more than 3 hours leaving. We are now not going to land until 750, so any hope of getting to the Typhoon Lagoon Glow night event that I paid tickets for tonight is pretty much gone. I know tickets are normally non refundable and non transferable, but is there any option here? Has anybody ever had experience with Disney working with somebody in this situation?

Last edited:

MickeyLuv'r

Ooh, I can't promise anything, but WDW typically has some sympathy in situations like this.

your odds of sympathy go up if you are staying onsite, and perhaps a little higher depending on which WDW hotel, or where you happen to ask. In my experience, the MK guest services tends to be one of the better places to ask. Your hotel concierge desk might also be able to help.

Sorry this happened to you, especially at the start of your vacation.

Club Cooloholic

I think if it already happened before you contacted you might be out of luck, it's like a baseball game they won't give me another ticket for whatever reason I run late. But never hurts to ask.
I will say you could maybe make the last hour of you went straight to it.

Chi84

Premium Member
If you’re staying at a Disney resort, go to the concierge or guest services with some proof of how your flight was delayed and ask if there’s anything they can do. In my experience, they will always try to help.

We had a situation not long ago where we had to leave a day early because of an emergency at home. It was too late to cancel the room for that night so we went to the concierge, explained the situation and asked if they could at least cancel our ADR without us getting charged the no-show fee.

The manager at the desk said she felt bad we had to leave a day early and gave us each a complimentary one-day park hopper to be used on a future visit. When we received our check-out portfolio, we found out that we were not charged for that final night.

If you’re not staying at a resort try a guest services location as suggested above.

Chi84

Premium Member
Customer service at Typhoon Lagoon worked hard too to switch our day to this on coming Saturday. Everything worked out in the end. Concierge at the hotel was not able to do it, so they sent me to the ticketing center at Typhoon lagoon.
I’m so glad things worked out! In my experience, Disney does quite a bit to help people who have these issues through no fault of their own.

bhg469

Customer service at Typhoon Lagoon worked hard too to switch our day to this on coming Saturday. Everything worked out in the end. Concierge at the hotel was not able to do it, so they sent me to the ticketing center at Typhoon lagoon.
Im glad it worked out but the fact you had to travel to the water park to have it resolved is, IMO, not really great customer service.

Chi84

Premium Member
Im glad it worked out but the fact you had to travel to the water park to have it resolved is, IMO, not really great customer service.
That’s true, but I’ve have a wide range of experience with guest services at the hotels. In fact right now it’s a bigger problem than ever to find someone who actually knows their job. Lots of new people.

And the phone CMs are worse than ever. I waited over 2 hours to get someone to reserve a Beachcombers Shack at TL. We had 6 adults and 3 kids under 3 years old and she kept insisting the system was forcing her to rent 2 cabanas. So we said forget about the kids, we rented 1 cabana and then she said the system was asking if we would like to add up to 3 or 4 (don’t recall which) more adults.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom