Types of cheeses?

redfive13

Original Poster
Going to WDW in 8 days, my wife is pregnant and can't eat certain cheeses... does anyone know what kind of cheese is in the fruit & cheese plates that they sell in AK? She loves those cheese plates...

When I got it in Dec, it had grapes, walnuts, a cheddar, colby or jack type of cheese and a small piece (or maybe two) of a semi-soft cheese. She should be fine, it's nothing to exotic.

WDWmom64055

Not AK per se, but about Rainforest Cafe...

Now, mind you, this was 7 years ago, but I remember going there when I was pregnant with my younger son and realizing that I couldn't eat any of my favorites. Almost all of their offerings had either soft cheese (mostly bleu cheese) or processed meat. I think that's the time I ended up ordering crab cakes because they were the only thing I could find that looked safe.

Congrats on the pregnancy!

sweetale

If it's a hard cheese than it's okay...if it's soft than she should pass it up. I would pass up semi-soft too (just to be on the safe side). But she should be able to enjoy all of the fruit on the tray and just pick around any "off limits" cheese!:wave:

KC82271

Each park has a "food services" contact that you can speak to regarding these types of questions. We had someone with us that couldn't have wheat and a few other things, Disney was kind enough to tell us exactly where she could eat and where she couldn't - carts in the part included. Call 407-wdw-dine. They will provide you with the number for each park, hotel and restaurant that you need to speak with.

Don't feel like it's putting them out of their way, by you asking. They were great with us. Even made our friend a special cheesecake that she could have!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom