Pre-Trip Two Solo Days in Disneyland and California Adventure!

I'll be at the Anaheim Convention Center for work next week and was unexpectedly able to add two days and two park hopper tickets to end my trip! I'll be solo, which means I'll get to experience everything at my own pace. I typically try to do as much as humanly possible in that situation (i.e. rides), but since I've been to Disneyland multiple times now, I want to slow down and focus more on soaking in the atmosphere and all of the small details. I'll also have my camera with me for work, so it's the perfect opportunity to explore photography at the parks, something I can't really do when I'm at DL or WDW with others.

Sunday April 16th

Check out of my work hotel early morning, bring my bags to La Quinta on Clementine where I have two nights booked, drop them off at the bell desk, then attempt to get to the parks for rope drop. It's ambitious, but I've done it once before (different hotel but same timing).

I have a park reservation for DL on this day, but park hoppers for both days. Chances are I'll be going back and forth quite a bit, something I truly appreciate being able to do in DL having grown up going to WDW where park hopping is much more of a hassle.

Goals this day are to get most of my favorite rides checked off so day two can be a slower pace with some photography and shopping mixed in. DL closes at midnight and CA at 10pm, so if I'm there even close to rope drop, that's plenty of time to get most of the "important" rides done without rushing like a maniac.

Monday April 17th

Park reservation is for CA this day and still hoping for rope drop; it may depend on how I'm feeling after days of a work convention and then a full day park hopping the previous day, though. We'll see!

As I mentioned, the plan is to take it slower this day. I'll be riding rides, of course, but a lot more focus on photography, shopping, and soaking in all of the details. I also just realized Food and Wine Festival is happening while I'm there, so hopefully I can try plenty of good food...and maybe a beverage...or two...or three...

Up Next

I'll update this thread as I formulate more detailed plans, such as hopeful ride and food lists, etc. It's really nice to know I don't have to do everything this time around, though, and I appreciate any advice about how to make the most of Genie Plus and rope drop. Feel free to share your thoughts about anything related to this trip or my plans. Hopefully I can reciprocate with some quality photos and a trip report when I return!

Tiki Traveler

I'm here too! I haven't been to Disneyland yet, so I'm excited to see your photos and hear all about it!

Same here!

Angry Robert Downey Jr GIF

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom