Two questions for anyone who ever wanted to be a CM

cameraguy

Original Poster
If you work attractions at WDW what would be the one attraction you would love to work. And which attraction would pray to God that you never have to work.

For me I would love to work The Tower of Terror or the Haunted Mansion. And I would hate to work Dumbo and It's A Small World.

KFWampa

Easy. I've thought about this many times.

I would love to work:

1. POTC - Favorite ride.
2. Jungle Cruise - Msybe the most fun.
3. Haunted Mansion - Just to say I did.
4. Kilimanjaro (sp?) Safari - Love the animals!
5. Star Tours - Because I'm a geek.

Please god never:

1. Small World - Just because.
2. Spaceship Earth - Seems boring.
3. Tiki Room - Don't get me wrong. I like this in moderation.
4. Dumbo - See numer 5.
5. Magic Carpets - Do you need to ask?

MiceysBestPal

If you work attractions at WDW what would be the one attraction you would love to work. And which attraction would pray to God that you never have to work.

For me I would love to work The Tower of Terror or the Haunted Mansion. And I would hate to work Dumbo and It's A Small World.

iasw queue is covered from the sun, where Dumbo is out in the full heat of summer.

I'd take the boat ride loading over the elephant queue any time, if those are the only two choices.

A Jungle Cruise Captain is a tough job, but it allows for the most flexible creativity of any CM job in the parks.
You could make someone's day (or at least be part of a great memory) with a good set of JC jokes.
If you can do that well, you can be a "star" for thousands of people in a season, 30 or so at a time.

"You've been a great crew!
That cruise was so much fun that I think I'll go around again.

And again.

And again.

Every ten minutes.

For the rest of my life!

(Stay in school, kids.) "

:lol: :sohappy:

cameraguy

Original Poster
iasw queue is covered from the sun, where Dumbo is out in the full heat of summer.

I'd take the boat ride loading over the elephant queue any time, if those are the only two choices.

A Jungle Cruise Captain is a tough job, but it allows for the most flexible creativity of any CM job in the parks.
You could make someone's day (or at least be part of a great memory) with a good set of JC jokes.
If you can do that well, you can be a "star" for thousands of people in a season, 30 or so at a time.

"You've been a great crew!
That cruise was so much fun that I think I'll go around again.

And again.

And again.

Every ten minutes.

For the rest of my life!

(Stay in school, kids.) "

:lol: :sohappy:

I'm guessing your a Cast Member.

captcanada

I would have to go with...

Haunted Mansion for most wanted.

Least wanted would be Jungle cruise.
I love the ride, but doing the speel over and over would drive me nutts i think.

MiceysBestPal

Least wanted would be Jungle cruise.
I love the ride, but doing the speel over and over would drive me nutts i think.

A great JC Capt. "puts on the role" and even varies the spiel with each new "crew".

I have had many rides with good Capts. who perform the spiel perfectly...
and a few SPECTACULAR rides with GREAT Capts. who perform like they are the originators of the lines (and add their own spin and comments.)
Those trips make up some of the MAGIC that Disney is famous for.
These Capts. have the illusive "IT" that make them the kind of natural performers audiences love to watch.

Finding exceptional CMs (in any capacity) is one of the reasons I like to go back to WDW and DL over and over.

I see the OP is a theater and production student.
Disney is wonderful place to see and enjoy some of the best talent in these fields.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I *WAS* a CM but not in attractions (I worked @ Cirque Du Soleil) but if I ever work at Disney again (slim chance) I would want to work:

- Haunted Mansion (LOVELOVELOVE the costume)

Least favorte:
- Anything in Fantasyland (the costumes SUCK)

campdisney

My dream CM position would be to work as a monorail conductor. Its not an attraction per say, but I see it as a magical ride none the less.

For a standard attraction, I'd have to say Haunted Mansion. I love the "deadpan" demeanor of the CMs there (pun intended).

I'd hate to be a CM at any attraction in Fantasyland. I can't imagine any CM position more exhausting than smiling constantly while dealing with the multitudes of hot, tired, cranky little ones and their hot, tired, cranky parents.

mickey04

A great JC Capt. "puts on the role" and even varies the spiel with each new "crew".

I have had many rides with good Capts. who perform the spiel perfectly...
and a few SPECTACULAR rides with GREAT Capts. who perform like they are the originators of the lines (and add their own spin and comments.)
Those trips make up some of the MAGIC that Disney is famous for.
These Capts. have the illusive "IT" that make them the kind of natural performers audiences love to watch.

I agree, but we have to stop calling them captains, they are SKIPPERS. What's the difference you ask? A captain goes down with the ship, while a skipper just kinda skips on out of there.:animwink:

JC can be a tough gig, especially in the heat, and especially with those crews that just stare at you the entire trip, no matter how hard you try (and every skipper gets them, no matter how good they are). But it's always worth it when someone comes up to you and says you were the best they'd had, and that they had a great time. Ahhh memories...

My absolute ultimate goal in life is to be a Jungle Cruise Skipper. A Haunted Mansion or Tower of Terror CM would also be fun, as would The Great Movie Ride.

As for attractions I wouldn't work...there aren't any. Before I started working at WDW, I told myself I would rather die than work The Tiki Room: Under New Management or Stitch's Great Escape, but the thing is, even those roles would be an absolute blast in comparison to Custodial. Same with Quick Service Foods. People don't realize that there are so many more roles at Walt Disney World that have nothing to do with attractions, and most of them aren't nearly as fun. Just my 2 cents.

I'd hate to be a CM at any attraction in Fantasyland. I can't imagine any CM position more exhausting than smiling constantly while dealing with the multitudes of hot, tired, cranky little ones and their hot, tired, cranky parents.

Try keeping that same smile on your face while having to wipe down a toilet seat after a 40 year old woman used it. I can think of quite a few CM positions more exhausting...

campdisney

Try keeping that same smile on your face while having to wipe down a toilet seat after a 40 year old woman used it. I can think of quite a few CM positions more exhausting...
I meant a CM position at an attraction, as originally was asked. Obviously, CM positions in custodial or food service would be more physically exhausting, no doubt.

Why would you be required to smile as you wipe down a toilet seat anyway? :confused:

steviej

would most want to: tower of terror

not: peter pan, winnie the pooh, haunted mansion, spaceship earth, and even though its my fav. ride, tta

PJLukasik

I would love to work either Soarin' or Jungle Cruise. I know it may be going against the grain, but I actually wouldn't want to work Haunted Mansion. I love it, but I don't think I'd want to work on it.

MagliteL13

I agree, but we have to stop calling them captains, they are SKIPPERS. What's the difference you ask? A captain goes down with the ship, while a skipper just kinda skips on out of there.:animwink:

JC can be a tough gig, especially in the heat, and especially with those crews that just stare at you the entire trip, no matter how hard you try (and every skipper gets them, no matter how good they are). But it's always worth it when someone comes up to you and says you were the best they'd had, and that they had a great time. Ahhh memories...

To my knowledge there are only two captains in WDW's Jungle. One from a few years ago and one from last year, I believe. (last years is a technicality ).

Three words: "Brazillian tour groups."

One more week until I get to drive a boat in circles, tell bad jokes, and point at fake animals---again...

Rides I wanna work:
Jungle Cruise
HM
Riverboat
Tower
BTM

Rides I never wanna work:
GMR
Anything where I have to deal with Pooh
Safaris
Star Tours

Why would you be required to smile as you wipe down a toilet seat anyway? :confused:

Because it's Disney. We always smile. And usually we (at least I) don't mind smiling.

I will admit, I was in a rather bad mood when I wrote my previous post. I'm happier now. I got to spend all day teaching children how to be "Junior Custodians". I love Magical Moments :D

Blizz

Ok, let me tell you. You would be shocked at the rides that would be good to work and the ones that would not be. Carpets, Dumbo, Tri. Spin are not that bad to work. Think about the Haunted Mansion, only maybe 2 positions on the rotation dont include walking up a moving belt the entire time. The best positions are rides like Tower and Coaster when you are working in the tower position. Most of the other positions are kinda boring.

Just curious... are 40 year old women worse at using toilets than most people? In my experience, the older you get, the better you are at using toilets, since, well, you've been using them for so long. Unless you are just a rude individual that just doesn't care, no matter how old you are. I'm just curious as to the age/gender single out here.

Thanks!

P.S. - apologize if this post seems rude, I really am just curious

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom