Pre-Trip Two graduations and an engagement?

Hey there, hi there!

Welcome to my pre-trip report. This trip was originally suppose to happen in June of 2020, but we all know what had happened to make our plans change.:arghh: We probably should have kept those original dates but after our entire family having COVID in April of 2019, we were not taking our chances. This trip may be the last time that I will have a big family vacation with our children all together, so I want to make the most of it.
thumbnail_Image.jpg

Who: (From left to right) Me (Heather), Hubby (Rich), Youngest (Savannah), Oldest (Alexandra, aka Alex), Oldest's Fiance (Alexander, aka Boy Alex)
Where: WDW, Pop Century Resort
When: June 19 2022-June 25 2022
Why: My oldest has graduated with her Bachelor's and is now a teacher. My youngest had graduated high school and is now at college in Boston, MA. AND...My oldest got engaged over the past summer!
thumbnail_Image (2).jpg
thumbnail_Image (3).jpg
thumbnail_Image (1).jpg

The kids have grown so fast...PLEASE, anyone with littles yet, cherish and enjoy every minute because it goes quickly!! This may be our last big hoorah before hubby and I are left on our own. Oh, we have plans and our first bucket list item is Disneyland because we have never been but that is a whole different trip report for another time.😂🤣

I am so very excited to be sharing my plans and trip with you all for I love reading other trip reports myself. I get to live through all of you! Welcome and thanks for joining in!

🪄Let the planning begin!🪄
~Heather​

heatherhy01

Original Poster
Hey There, Hi There!

Welcome to my dining reservation nightmare!

Yesterday was our 60 day mark, I was ready by 5:30 AM. Computer set to my first day so that I could refresh, iphone charged and opened to the MDE app. I waited with baited breath......refresh.....refresh.....refresh..... Finally, the screen changed...No availability..."UH OH!" At this point I start talking to myself, honestly trying to talk myself off the ledge of pure panic!
Season 1 Omg GIF by Friends

It's okay, we're fine, let's just move on to the next restaurant. Refresh...... NO AVAILABILITY!!! And so it went on and on. I continued talking to myself but the words coming out of my mouth were not so PG. (Best not to be repeated) It was not the fact that I couldn't get every single reservation that my heart had desired, it was the fact that I could not get a single one! Thankfully, my BIL had called and calmed me down a tad. His suggestion was to just take what we could get and just keep checking. The other issue was that now we were a party of 8, which means that it would be a bit harder to obtain exactly what we wanted. So I shut down the computer, closed the app and went to work.
Hurry Up Countdown GIF by Escape Hunt UK

Fast forward to last evening, with BIL on the phone, we got down to working some magic! We realized quickly that we may have to split up. NO PROBLEM! We narrowed it down to my 5 and his 3. This actually worked! Although we were not able to get everything that we had wanted, we were able to get a few and this was perfect for us! We are still on the lookout for a couple more and possibly some time changes but if it's not possible, we are okay with what we have.

So here we are:

Party of 5= My Family
Party of 3=BIL, SIL, DN

Hungry Food Is Ready GIF

June 19th, Father's Day-Splitsville (We have to wait to reserve this one, we are going to Bowl & eat and this date has not opened for reservations yet)

June 20th MK-Tony's Town Square, 2 Reservations @ 7:10, Party of 3 & Party of 5

June 21st EP-Teppan Edo @2:40, Party of 5

June 22nd HS- 50's Prime Time, 2 Reservations, One @ 4:10 Party of 5, One @ 4:20 Party of 3

June 23rd AK-Rainforest Cafe @ 2:15 Party of 3

June 24th EP- 'Ohana Breakfast @ 8:35 Party of 8 & Tutto Italia @ 5:15 Party of 3

Searching Looking For GIF by Kochstrasse™

I am still trying to get my hands on a Yak & Yeti for my family and possibly an Oga's. We shall see how it goes. I have heard that reservations have been difficult but I did not grasp it until I actually had to do it myself.

I am sending positive vibes to anyone whom has to do this in the upcoming days, weeks, months! I feel your struggle.
The struggle is real!

Good Vibes GIF by Fossil

~Heather

heatherhy01

Original Poster
Hey There, Hi There! 👋

41 days to go!!!

Let's chat about transportation to and from the airport/resort.

bus GIF

I had originally checked out Mears. For all 5 of us, it would have been about $160. BUT...I am an impatient person. I can admit that.
Road Trip Reaction GIF by Travis

When I arrive in Florida, I do not want to have to wait to get to the hotel. Even if it's early and my room may not be ready. There is sunshine to soak up, pools to swim in, not to mention foods to eat and drinks to be drank. (you get the picture) I just want the vacation started ASAP!

Next, I checked out Sunshine Flyers. I thought it would be nice to try out something new. But.... they do not have pick up as early as we would need for the way home. They only accommodate flights leaving on or after 7AM.
Anderson Cooper Crying GIF

So, I shopped around and ended up looking into a car service. I was expecting it to be really expensive but I was pleasantly surprised. We decided on Florida Town Car. The total came to $160 for 5 of us (round trip) and this includes a 30 minute stop at Publix on the way to the hotel to grab some snacks. I have never used them before but I can tell you that if they have good service and we like them, I will be shouting their name from the rooftops! Now, we can be on our way as soon as we collect our bags. Our driver will be waiting for us at baggage claim holding a sign with our name on it.

Have any of you used this service before? I will let you know our thoughts on it.

~Heather​

heatherhy01

Original Poster
Hey there, Hi there! 👋

27 days!!!!!

It is getting real now folks!! I often felt like this trip would never come!!

Updates:
I was able to get a Yak & Yeti reservation for 6/23 @ 4:00! AND....an Oga's reservation for 6/22 @ 8:30 PM!!! We are going to stay on the look out (but will not hold our breath) to see if there will be ANY availability for Sci Fi on our HS day instead of Prime Time. If not, we also love Prime Time but have not been to Sci Fi in many years and I was really hoping for an opening.

Packing:

Now is the time for all things packing. I plan on packing shorts, sleeveless shirts, flip flops, plenty of socks. But do I need a sweatshirt?? I also want to purchase everyone cooling towels. Have any of you used them in the park? Do they work?

I need other suggestions for packing items that I may not think of but do not want to forget!

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

~Heather​

heatherhy01

Original Poster
We went about a month ago and did not need any sweatshirts or jackets. But we did use our cooling towels just about every day! I bought these ones and really like them. [4 Pack] Cooling Towel (36"x12"),... Amazon product ASIN B01KYUTS5I
Thanks! I will have to purchase these for the trip! My daughter does not bode well in the heat but she is a teacher and we can only all go together during the summer. We will have to take it slow and do a lot of indoor attractions!

heatherhy01

Original Poster
Hey There, Hi There!!

We are 6 days away from our trip and I am getting more nervous as time goes on. I use to LOVE planning a trip right down to the last detail but this one has been very nerve wracking for me! Genie+ has gotten me in a tail spin! We will see how it goes.

I may not post again until we get back. Last time, I did a live report but I am not sure how much time I will have to post.

~Heather​

rshell68

Hey There, Hi There!!

We are 6 days away from our trip and I am getting more nervous as time goes on. I use to LOVE planning a trip right down to the last detail but this one has been very nerve wracking for me! Genie+ has gotten me in a tail spin! We will see how it goes.

I may not post again until we get back. Last time, I did a live report but I am not sure how much time I will have to post.

~Heather​
So excited for all of you!!! I'm in the same boat with planning. We are doing parks 6/20 and 6/21 and this whole Genie+ thing has me scared...

heatherhy01

Original Poster
So excited for all of you!!! I'm in the same boat with planning. We are doing parks 6/20 and 6/21 and this whole Genie+ thing has me scared...
I looked at the Genie+ times this morning and I am starting to think it may not be as bad as I originally thought? I am going to just keep telling myself that if we need to see something on another trip...oh well! I hope you have a great vacation!!!!

LisaBelle

Have a magical time! I’m looking forward to reading about your trip! We will be there in July and I am also super nervous about Genie+. Fingers crossed for you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom