Pre-Trip Two graduations and an engagement?

Hey there, hi there!

Welcome to my pre-trip report. This trip was originally suppose to happen in June of 2020, but we all know what had happened to make our plans change.:arghh: We probably should have kept those original dates but after our entire family having COVID in April of 2019, we were not taking our chances. This trip may be the last time that I will have a big family vacation with our children all together, so I want to make the most of it.
thumbnail_Image.jpg

Who: (From left to right) Me (Heather), Hubby (Rich), Youngest (Savannah), Oldest (Alexandra, aka Alex), Oldest's Fiance (Alexander, aka Boy Alex)
Where: WDW, Pop Century Resort
When: June 19 2022-June 25 2022
Why: My oldest has graduated with her Bachelor's and is now a teacher. My youngest had graduated high school and is now at college in Boston, MA. AND...My oldest got engaged over the past summer!
thumbnail_Image (2).jpg
thumbnail_Image (3).jpg
thumbnail_Image (1).jpg

The kids have grown so fast...PLEASE, anyone with littles yet, cherish and enjoy every minute because it goes quickly!! This may be our last big hoorah before hubby and I are left on our own. Oh, we have plans and our first bucket list item is Disneyland because we have never been but that is a whole different trip report for another time.😂🤣

I am so very excited to be sharing my plans and trip with you all for I love reading other trip reports myself. I get to live through all of you! Welcome and thanks for joining in!

🪄Let the planning begin!🪄
~Heather​

heatherhy01

Original Poster

Happy So Excited GIF

The kids are super excited for this trip especially Boy Alex. He has never been to Disney before and we want to show him ALL the good stuff. We are hoping that he will love it as much as we do.

With that being said, I am going to be gathering a list of "must do's" from my family members so that we can try to accommodate everyone.

Our goal for this trip:

Mark Wahlberg Chill GIF

This Will Be Fun Dance Moms GIF by Lifetime Telly

My dilemma right now is Genie+ or no Genie+. We are going in June so I expect the park to have it's usual crowds. But I am having a really hard time justifying the extra cost. Anyone have any advice?? Hubby had told me just to add it on but, I am thinking of waiting to see if we actually need it or not? I am prepared to pay the extra cost for Individual Lightning Lane. I know the kiddos will want to go on Ratatouille & MMRR. Hubby definitely already said that he WILL get on ROTR.

I definitely do not want to pay for both Genie+ & ILL!​

Last edited:

heatherhy01

Original Poster
I have decided that while I am waiting for park times to come out to complete some more of my planning, I am going to create my Disney Trip Bucket list by choosing 5 items that I would like to check off at each park. I may or may not get to achieve this but I thought it would be fun to at least try. These items are things that I have always wanted to do but for one reason or another, it just did not happen. So, I will be trying once again. I think it will be interesting to come back after the trip to see how many I was able to achieve.

First up: Magic Kingdom
disney world love GIF by beckadoodles

1. The Enchanted Tiki Room-I have not done this since I was a kid on my first trip to Disney. I know that it is not a fan favorite but it is a bit nostalgic just because of it's age. I assume it's age will also show during the attraction too. lol

2. Hall of Presidents- This is another one that just gets skipped over every visit. Just because there are so many other attractions that take precedence. With my future Son-In-Law coming along, I think he would really be interested in seeing this one.

3. Swiss Family Robinson Tree House- Another one that I have not done since I was a kid. This one may get skipped. Depending on the weather and how hot it is, I may not be able to convince the fam to try it. I do not think we have ever taken my daughter's on this one?

4. Chicken & Waffles from Sleepy Hollow Inn- Okay, I have seen so many pictures and reviews on this dish that I have got to try it for myself. I hope it's as good as it looks!!

5. Dole Whip Float- Oh, don't look at me like that! I cannot be the ONLY person that has never had a Dole Whip at WDW can I?
Jim Carrey Omg GIF

~Heather​

heatherhy01

Original Poster
Hey there, Hi there!

After a very long debate with the family, we have decided to cancel our first park day and just do DS or hang at the hotel. When hubby and I went in December 2019, we had a very early flight and park hopped 2 parks with a late night dinner at DS which led us to be EXHAUSTED for our first full day.
Tired Good Night GIF

Since this will be Boy Alex's first time, we do not want to over load him too much and have decided to use this day as a rest day before we actually hit the parks. So, we have decided to just do 5 park days, 2 days at EPCOT since we are all mostly adults and seem to enjoy the World Showcase so much more. I am however a little sad because we have ALWAYS dropped the luggage and run straight to MK right upon arrival but I do not want to overwhelm anyone on the first day.
Tuesday Morning Reaction GIF by The Secret Life Of Pets

I do have park reservations reserved already but depending on park hours and nighttime entertainment, this may change.

Monday- Epcot
Tuesday-HS
Wednesday-AK
Thursday-Epcot
Friday-MK

~Heather

heatherhy01

Original Poster
Hey there, hi there!

Hollywood Studios Bucket List!

theme park fun GIF by visitorlando

1. Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway-
Of course, because it's new and this is one that my daughter is really wanting to do!

2. Rise Of The Resistance- A new one for us too and DUH! Who doesn't want to get on this ride?

3. Jack Jack Num Num Cookie- Even hubby was interested when he saw them.

4. Oga's Cantina- I am not a huge SW fan by any means. I have watched all the movies and the Disney+ series but this is something Hubby stated that he would like to see as well as Boy Alex. I am hoping to snag a reservation for sometime on our HS day just to grab a quick drink to experience it.

5. Green or Blue Milk- I did not try this when we went in 2019 and I am very curious about it. Is it like frozen or slushy?

~Heather​

KellBelle

Following along! Congrats for all of the exciting events! I really like the blue and green milks. I would try to think of it as a frozen coconut milk based drink.. I have always found them to be less frozen than like a Slurpee but more frozen than a milkshake.. I hope that makes sense lol

heatherhy01

Original Poster
Hey There, Hi There!

It's been a long time! But we are now in the double digits with less than 100 days to our trip!🥳🥳🥳

Animal Kingdom Bucket List

The Lion King GIF by Walt Disney Studios

1. Navi River Journey- DH and I didn't want to wait in the long line on our last trip because we were more interested in FOP, so this time, I want to see this amazing animatronic that I have heard so much about!

2. Tree of Life Awakenings- This looks so very pretty online and I bet it is way better in person!

3. Pandora in the evening- On our last trip, I wanted so very much to stay in the park after dark and check out the glow of Pandora but I was not feeling well and decided it would be best to just go back to the hotel to rest. This time, I have to see what this land looks like at dusk!

4. Cheesburger Steamed Pods- These look so good and I have heard good and bad about them but I wonder...Do they really taste like a McDonald's cheeseburger?

5. Caring For Giants- I have never done a tour before and this one is not very costly, plus, my family are animal lovers and I think this just might be one that we will all enjoy!

~Heather​

heatherhy01

Original Poster
Hey There, Hi There!

EPCOT Bucket List

(This one will be all about food and drink!)

loop colors GIF by xponentialdesign

1. FRUSHI!! Now I am not a big fan of coconut, but...I really want to try the Frushi. Everyone loves it and I have heard all the things!

2. Cider Flight- I love ciders and am very much looking forward to this flight. There is no way that I will be able to drink it myself, so hopefully my daughter will want to share.

3. Arepas- My family has been very interested in this item since we saw it on the vlog by Paging Mr Morrow.

4. Southern Seafood Boil- This looks delicious!!

5. And last but certainly not least-*Crossing fingers*-Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind!!!

~Heather​

heatherhy01

Original Poster
66 Days!!!!

I can feel the excitement!!!

We had a little addition to our trip! My BIL & SIL have to decided to join us along with my nephew. DSIL won a week's stay at a condo in Kissimmee in a raffle!
Season 1 Thank You GIF by NBC

For months, we did not think they would be able to get the same week because it was booked. About a month ago, they received the email that there had been a cancellation, so the trip was ON!!!

DBIL, DSIL, DN

We will not be together every single day but...we do plan on having some meals together at least.
Our updated plans are as follows for now, depending on what reservations we are able to obtain:

Sunday, 6/19: Disney Springs- Father's Day!! We plan on relaxing today on our first day. Enjoying the resort pool and having dinner and some bowling at Splitsville. Has anyone ever been there? Was it fun?

Monday, 6/20: MK- Dinner at Tony's

Tuesday, 6/21: EP-Dinner at Tepan

Wednesday, 6/22: HS-Dinner at Sci-Fi & Snack/Drinks at Oga's

Thursday, 6/23: AK-Dinner at Y&Y

Friday, 6/24: Breakfast at O'Hana, Dinner around WS at Kiosks

We are meeting on Saturday with the whole family to discuss reservations. DBIL & DSIL will arrive 2 days prior to us which means their reservation window will open earlier. As of right now, we plan on doing Splitsville, Tony's, Sci Fi & O'Hana together, so DBIL will try to acquire those reservations and when our window opens on Wednesday, I will try for the rest.

Wish us luck!

Best Wishes Reaction GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom