Two fastpasses at once?

MKingdom25

Original Poster
When getting a Fastpass during my recent trip to WDW on July 17-21, I accidentally used my e-ride card to get a Fastpass. Although I never tried it (not sure why, should have done it), anybody know if I used my regular Park Hopper pass I could have gotten 2 fastpasses at once?

FanofDinsey1981

Originally posted by MKingdom25
When getting a Fastpass during my recent trip to WDW on July 17-21, I accidentally used my e-ride card to get a Fastpass. Although I never tried it (not sure why, should have done it), anybody know if I used my regular Park Hopper pass I could have gotten 2 fastpasses at once?

nope. just one at a time. that is funny that you used your eride ticket though! an interesting loophole in the system!

but if you try to get 2 at once, it will spit out a card that says "not valid" or something like that. :)

MKingdom25

Original Poster
Re: Re: Two fastpasses at once?

Originally posted by FanofDinsey1981

nope. just one at a time. that is funny that you used your eride ticket though! an interesting loophole in the system!

but if you try to get 2 at once, it will spit out a card that says "not valid" or something like that. :)

How would this work? Do you think it knows my e-ride is tied to my regular Park Hopper pass?

FanofDinsey1981

Re: Re: Re: Two fastpasses at once?

Originally posted by MKingdom25

How would this work? Do you think it knows my e-ride is tied to my regular Park Hopper pass?

thatis what I find interesting! I would think that the two would be connected, but i guess not. maybe it only reads codes, and not a specific person connected to those codes. but I think you may have stumbled upon a loophole. can someone else perhaps attempt this next time they are there?

MKingdom25

Original Poster
I think it is a loophole too. If they aren't connected, you could put in one pass then put in the other pass right after. Talk about confusing the cast member who took both your Fastpasses pretty soon after the other! :lol:

Either way, hopefully will take your mission up and test it out. :D

Pioneer Hall

The system has been upgraded a lot within the year. When I was there a year ago any ticket with the bar code could be used to get a fast pass. We had a ton of old tickets and some water park tickets and we were able to get fastpasses for all of them. Now the system looks for days. If a ticket has days on it then it can be used (at least that was what it was like a few months ago). They may have upgraded it so only tickets used to enter the park are allowed.

Dizneydude87

The last time I was at MK, I was getting a FP, and after I inserted my Anual Pass, my hand was accidently covering the thing you put the ticket through, and it bumped the pass back in really fast. It gave me Two valid FP with one ticket. I have tried to do this several times since then, and it doesnt let me.

jmarc63

DisneyDude

It would have depended when your "accedent" occured. Wether it was before they upgraded the system. Also you can get a second FP after two hours even if the first ones entry time hasn't occured yet. With the way the wait for entry is for TT and other really popular E attractions this will allow you to ride other attractions while waiting for TT.

GenerationX

I went to Epcot with my oldest son only and couldn't remember which of the resort cards we used to enter the park. When I went to get Fast Passes for Test Track, two of the cards gave me valid Fast Passes, while the other two cards resulted in the "invalid" message. So, the system at Epcot has been upgraded to ensure that not only is it a valid ticket, but one that has been used to enter the park that day.

tiggerlover1971

guys when i went two weeks ago and got a fast pass it said i could get a fast pass five minutes after the first fast pass started so what we did is get a fast pass went on a different attraction around the area then before we went to the fast pass ride we went and got another fast pass and then went on the first fast pass ride then it was almost time to go on to the second fast pass ride if it was only a few minutes till we could ride the next one we went shopping if not we hit another attraction and then came back

jmarc63

Originally posted by tiggerlover1971
guys when i went two weeks ago and got a fast pass it said i could get a fast pass five minutes after the first fast pass started so what we did is get a fast pass went on a different attraction around the area then before we went to the fast pass ride we went and got another fast pass and then went on the first fast pass ride then it was almost time to go on to the second fast pass ride if it was only a few minutes till we could ride the next one we went shopping if not we hit another attraction and then came back

Was the time for entry for the first FP arount two hours from the time you obtained it. That could esplain why you could get another one before you rode the first one.

tiggerlover1971

no for example the ticket said come back from 10:00-11:00
underneath that time it says next available fast past or something like you can get another fast pass at 10:05 thats why before we went on the fast pass ride we went and got another fast pass for another ride that we wanted to do that had like a hour standby wait

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
not a loophole... it doesn't go only by the date on the ticket, but also the operating hours... ie- if the park closes at 9, and eride starts at 9, at 9:15 only the eride ticket would work..

one thing though.. don't cheat the system, it isn't fair for those of us who don't... and frankly those who cheat are scumbags in my eye.... and don't even attempt to rationalize it... there is no way to. Cheating is cheating

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by FanofDinsey1981
um, I don't think it is cheating. And I dont think this would constitute calling someone a "scumbag" because of it. That is a bit harsh.

how is it not cheating? The system was designed to let 1 person hold 1 fastpass at a time. I understand the 2 hour rule, or if 1 person gives their fastpass to someone else. But what is being discussed in this thread it a way to bypass Fastpass rules, which is in fact cheating.

from Dictionary.com
cheat·ing
v. intr.

1. To act dishonestly; practice fraud.
2. To violate rules deliberately

as for the scumbag comment, I will not apologize for that. I said it, and I meant it.

pooh&eyore

Originally posted by tiggerlover1971

I have done the exact same thing. it works because the fastpass system assumes that you have ridden the ride already when it is five minutes past your time.

tiggerlover1971

are you calling me a scumbag just because i told you what the ticket said and it let us get another one five minutes after the time we could go to the first fass pass that to me is not cheating if the fast pass said we could

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by pooh&eyore
I have done the exact same thing. it works because the fastpass system assumes that you have ridden the ride already when it is five minutes past your time.

actually, that is an intended effect. You are allowed a second fastpass if it is:

1- 2 hours after getting your first fastpass, and still not the time on the first ticket
2- It is 5 minutes after your ticket has become valid

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom