Two Families Dining Together

ekutchey

Original Poster
I am a very avid Disney traveler however we have never traveled with another family. Our upcoming trip will be my family (on one resort package) and other family (on another resort package). We each are on the deluxe dining plan. If I link our accounts together within the Disney Experience I can make dining reservations for all of us together correct? How would the dining charge be handled as it would be two seperate room accounts?

Just trying to get all our ducks in a row as this is their first trip and I want to make sure it is special and well planned.

Tuvalu

Yes you can make dining reservations for everyone (and you don't even need to link through MDE to do so.)

At the restaurants, just inform your server that you are two separate families both on DDP and then who is included in each family. Both parties will receive their own bill (so each knows how much to tip.)

Easy! :)

Minnie Mum

As the PP said, there's no need to link the groups in MDE in order to make ADRs. Just make the ADRs for the number of people in your combined group.

And let your server know (before placing your orders) that you want separate bills.

MissMaryEli

We're doing the same thing. Since were linked on MDE either one of us could make reservations for the other. Another thing you should know, if you're linked on MDE and one of you buys the Photopass, the owner of the Photopass will get pictures from everyone linked on MDE. If you split the cost then Photopass becomes much more reasonable.

Kristopher Rannells

I am a very avid Disney traveler however we have never traveled with another family. Our upcoming trip will be my family (on one resort package) and other family (on another resort package). We each are on the deluxe dining plan. If I link our accounts together within the Disney Experience I can make dining reservations for all of us together correct? How would the dining charge be handled as it would be two seperate room accounts?

Just trying to get all our ducks in a row as this is their first trip and I want to make sure it is special and well planned.
We did this last year at Chef Mickey's. Everyone's advice is spot on. One family makes the ressie, then tell the server. They will bill each parties DDP.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
If you are always eating together (or at least frequently) and there are the same number of people in each party, you can also switch off on who "pays" with the dining credits. We did this in December - my child is a "dining adult" and my sister and her husband stay in a different room than us. We found it easier this time to just switch back and forth on deducting credits and we kept records of how much each family owed in tips (because we charged these to the room). If you leave the tips in cash, you wouldn't even need to worry about this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom