Twirl week...awesome...

Todd H

Just found out we'll be there during Twirl Week next week. Ugh. Might see if I can move from Pop Century (one of the hotels they are using) to somewhere else. Just how bad will it be next week?

Todd H

Original Poster
With your schoolwork circumstances and all, might be worth it to try and switch hotels. If nothing else than for your piece of mind.

I tried that Friday and got the run around. First I was told it would cost like $70 to switch. Then they told me everything from value to moderate resorts was booked solid. Then I was told I couldn't change because of the discount I received when I first booked.

Upvote 0

Todd H

Original Poster
Pop is overrun with South Americans or Brazilians (not sure which). They are terrible! The chanting, screaming, singing at the top of their voices, running up and down the hotel walkway in front of the rooms...it's awful. Had someone keep calling the room and hanging up in the middle of the night so I has to unplug the phone. Got very little sleep last night.

Upvote 0

lunchbox1175

Pop is overrun with South Americans or Brazilians (not sure which). They are terrible! The chanting, screaming, singing at the top of their voices, running up and down the hotel walkway in front of the rooms...it's awful. Had someone keep calling the room and hanging up in the middle of the night so I has to unplug the phone. Got very little sleep last night.

This is why i won't stay at a Value anymore. We have threads on here all the time about is a Moderate or Deluxe really worth it, and this is the exact reason why the extra is worth it. It is almost impossible to predict what large group is going to be over taking the values.

Upvote 0

Todd H

Original Poster
This is why i won't stay at a Value anymore. We have threads on here all the time about is a Moderate or Deluxe really worth it, and this is the exact reason why the extra is worth it. It is almost impossible to predict what large group is going to be over taking the values.

Yep, it's a lesson I just learned as well since the twirl girls have arrived in force. Twirl girls+South Americans=chaos. I've never seen the Pop this bad.

Upvote 0

bethymouse

My cousins are down there now for twirl week! Look out!:) Seriously though, I'm so sorry the kids are being "bad". The parents/chaperones are to blame I believe.:( I guess that's why we always shell out a few ( LOL) extra bucks to stay at a Deluxe now! We're spoiled!:D

Upvote 0

bubbles1812

Yep. Did zero good.
I know it's crazy down there this weekend. Have you tried calling over to the Swan and Dolphin to see if rooms are available? That is where we stayed last week after we couldn't get into the values (booked a week in advance) and ended up being so grateful we couldn't...for the same reasons people were worried before. Tons of Brazilians around and then it was also whiny annoying lets practice in the park because that seems like a good idea cheerleader week at Disney. In the parks, I could deal with them. If we'd had to deal with them at our hotel... Let's just say I would be asking for the supervisor's supervision or as far up as I had to go

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom