Twilight

CinderellaFan

Original Poster
I just got finished reading the book, "Twilight," and I was thinking how great it would be if Disney could work out a deal to make an attraction of some sort based on the book. It might equal them out with Universal who is going to have Harry Potter.

Grim Grinner

Never!

There are a number of outstanding properties out there to take advantage of other than Twilight.

Many do not share your glowing views of that particular book series. To me, it it the literary equivalent to a boy band. IE-All marketing and no substance.

I shall speak no more on the subject.

hwdelien

There are a number of outstanding properties out there to take advantage of other than Twilight.

I agree totally, my 13 year old and her friends are absolutely smitten with this series, but it is no where near the craze that there was over Harry Potter when my now 18 year old first read the series.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Many do not share your glowing views of that particular book series. To me, it it the literary equivalent to a boy band. IE-All marketing and no substance.

I shall speak no more on the subject.
I would tend to agree. My 15 year old daughter loves the series. I got a few chapters into the first book and immediately began searching Goggle for a brain scrubber.

k.hunter30

While I read all four of the books and will admit they were page-turners, I don't see what a park like Disney could make out of it... There wasn't very much action, not a lot really going on. Granted, the idea of story was different and rather intriguing, but the books don't have enough to carry an attraction.

Harry Potter books have great battle scenes, different lands and creatures... none of which are really in the Twilight books. :shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

Harry Potter is only a book? :eek:

Say it isn't so... :cry:

Nope...It's a whole franchise now.:rolleyes: That kinda ruined it for me IMHO. Movies are mediocre...And the theme park? Eh. Went to the wrong studios IMHO. All this over marketing kinda killed what a wonderful simple BOOK it was. It became overused/stale.

Now, if you just look at the books...Awesomeness.:lol: Modern awesomeness.
Can't compete with the classics though.;)

And now back to your regular scheduled Vampire Love Thread:lol:

glendroid

god, please no...
i would boycott disney if they ever chose to do that which they never will, thank god.

never will my undying hate for twlight die...LOL

Cynderella

While I read all four of the books and will admit they were page-turners, I don't see what a park like Disney could make out of it... There wasn't very much action, not a lot really going on. Granted, the idea of story was different and rather intriguing, but the books don't have enough to carry an attraction.

Harry Potter books have great battle scenes, different lands and creatures... none of which are really in the Twilight books. :shrug:

My thoughts exactly. I read all 4 books and loved them. (I also read all 4 in 1 week :lookaroun) But I do agree that there isn't much Disney could do for an attraction. Though I would love for them to have a meet and greet with Edward!! :slurp::D

Tiff7

i luv both twilight & harry potter & would luv a twilight park if my man Robert Pattinson would show up there. happy holidays everyone!!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom