Tusker House

Jamie77

Original Poster
Is Tusker House still character dining during lunch? The first time I ate there it wasn't. Then I went back a few years later and it was. How about now? Some of the online menus are not current and may not list whether this location still have characters during lunch. I would prefer to eat without characters coming to my table. The last time I booked this restaurant thinking that it didn't have characters, only for it to change to character dining and I didn't know in enough time to cancel. I noticed them as soon as I walked in the building. It took a while to get there, too, because it was a super stormy day and for some reason the bus driver was redirected to drive out of WDW and come back in to get to AK. Our bus arrived a little bit past my ADR time and I had to stand around in a wet line for a long time before my name was called. I was kind of disappointed to have to go through all this to find characters there.

Weather_Lady

I'm glad to see someone else who, like me, finds characters at meals to be an unwelcome distraction (not to mention driving up the price of the meal far beyond what it's worth) rather than an asset. While I've gone to a few character meals at the behest of my children, I can't say I enjoy the excess noise, time and expense that goes along with it and if I had my druthers, I'd choose restaurants where the only weirdos who come to my table are my family members. :) I'm thinking Sanaa instead of Tusker House on our upcoming trip...

Jamie77

Original Poster
I'm glad to see someone else who, like me, finds characters at meals to be an unwelcome distraction (not to mention driving up the price of the meal far beyond what it's worth) rather than an asset. While I've gone to a few character meals at the behest of my children, I dislike the excess noise, time and expense that goes along with it and if I had my druthers, I'd choose restaurants where the only weirdos who come to my table are my family members. :) I'm thinking Sanaa instead of Tusker House on our upcoming trip...

Before I got my food I told the CM who waited on my table that I would prefer not to have characters come to my table. I was in a nook somewhere at the back of the restaurant so I wouldn't be noticed. Although the CM told me that they would pass on the message, every character came to my table (sometimes twice!) as if it was a personal challenge to change the mind of the grump eating in the corner. I've got the Yak & Yeti on my list to try this time. I like the food at Boma, but I don't like how far AKL is from everything else.

Courtney6682

It is very awkward eating a character meal and not having little kids with us anymore. I always wondered why they couldn't just have a little card on your table that has a color on one side signaling you want the characters to stop by and another color on the other side signaling that you would rather be left alone....we have them at local buffets to signify when you're done eating and they seem to work.

Jamie77

Original Poster
It is very awkward eating a character meal and not having little kids with us anymore. I always wondered why they couldn't just have a little card on your table that has a color on one side signaling you want the characters to stop by and another color on the other side signaling that you would rather be left alone....we have them at local buffets to signify when you're done eating and they seem to work.

That's a great idea!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
This ^^^^^. We've been saying that for years.

Simba's Mom

Before I got my food I told the CM who waited on my table that I would prefer not to have characters come to my table. I was in a nook somewhere at the back of the restaurant so I wouldn't be noticed. Although the CM told me that they would pass on the message, every character came to my table (sometimes twice!) as if it was a personal challenge to change the mind of the grump eating in the corner.

I'm one who genuinely sympathizes with you. The first time I went to a character meal solo, I didn't want any character greetings and the characters were so nice. I wasn't seated out of the way, but whenever the characters went by, they'd wave and maybe blow me a kiss, that's all. Helped me feel more comfortable.

alissafalco

Before I got my food I told the CM who waited on my table that I would prefer not to have characters come to my table. I was in a nook somewhere at the back of the restaurant so I wouldn't be noticed. Although the CM told me that they would pass on the message, every character came to my table (sometimes twice!) as if it was a personal challenge to change the mind of the grump eating in the corner. I've got the Yak & Yeti on my list to try this time. I like the food at Boma, but I don't like how far AKL is from everything else.
I've really enjoyed Yak & Yeti both times I've eaten there.

bethymouse

I thought it might be awkward too, but I did it anyway. My Mom (76 years old) and I ate at 1900 Park Fare ( around 7pm). We like the buffet, plus meeting Prince Charming was so much fun! I told the staff it was a Mother/Daughter trip... which it was. Then Prince Charming asked my Mom to waltz with her ( she's in a scooter, and can barely walk anymore. It brought everyone to tears!). Another waitress brought my Mom one of those glowing Tinkerbells. :D I guess what I am saying is, regardless of age, the experience is fun and worth every penny!

UKDisney Dave

I dined alone at a character meal at DLRP, and ended up with Eyore sat at the table with me. Because i wasn't smiling he just put his head on his hands flat on the table, and kept looking at me. Every time I looked at him across from
me he was doing these big exaggerated sighs!

Was kinda funny I guess, though more so for the other guest sitting round watching. I was just bemused.

Eventually Eyores handler came to take him away so I was saved!! At least until Poo & piglet turned up!!!

dmatt87

We did Tusker House for dinner on our latest trip and Inwas glad to get 4 characters meet and greet done in one sitting - however the price was very high for what it was - with tip it was only $40 cheaper than CRT!!!

If we weren't on the DDP - this would not be included in my plan!

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
We did Tusker House for dinner on our latest trip and Inwas glad to get 4 characters meet and greet done in one sitting - however the price was very high for what it was - with tip it was only $40 cheaper than CRT!!!

If we weren't on the DDP - this would not be included in my plan!

Food is better at tusker in my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom