Turtles and Monsters Set to Invade the DLR

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Original Poster
TURTLES AND MONSTERS SET TO INVADE DISNEYLAND RESORT DURING 50TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION!

As part of the launch today of the “Happiest Celebration on Earth,” an unprecedented 18-month global commemoration of the 50th anniversary of Disneyland, Jay Rasulo, president of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, and Matt Ouimet, president of the Disneyland Resort, unveiled plans for two new attractions coming soon to Disney’s California Adventure park. The all-new, fun-filled attractions are inspired by the Walt Disney Pictures presentation of two Pixar Animation Studios films, “Monsters, Inc.” and “Finding Nemo.”

“Our sights are set on creating a whole new generation of immersive storytelling experiences that will delight, thrill and spark imagination for generations to come,” said Rasulo. “We continue to push the boundaries of technology to create even better ways to make our stories and characters come alive for Guests.”

Scheduled to open on July 15 is “Turtle Talk with Crush,” a new addition to the Disney Animation exhibit in the park’s Hollywood Picture Backlot. Starring Crush, the 152-year-old sea turtle from the hit Disney/Pixar film, “Finding Nemo,” this incredible experience will give guests to Disney’s California Adventure the chance to engage in live, spontaneous conversations with the animated sea turtle. From his digital world under the sea, Crush will chat, play and joke with guests in a totally unique, personalized way.

“Turtle talk With Crush” represents the latest foray into real-time animation by Walt Disney Imagineering, creative arm for all Disney parks and resorts. Using digital projection and sophisticated, voice activated animation, Disney Imagineers have created a great new way for guests to chat with their favorite “most excellent” turtle dude from down under. The initial version of the attraction opened in 2004 as part of The Living Seas Pavilion at Epcot at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and has been immensely popular with park guests.

The new attraction opens the door to a new realm of Disney theme park experiences – one in which Disney guests and their favorite animated characters can interact together in a way that only Disney can create. “Turtle Talk With Crush” is simply the latest milestone in Walt Disney Imagineering’s long legacy of bringing beloved characters to life in new and incredible ways.

Six months later in January 2006, Disney’s California Adventure will premiere an all-new attraction inspired by the Disney/Pixar film, “Monsters, Inc.” The new adventure, entitled “Monsters, Inc: Mike and Sulley to the Rescue,” will become a signature attraction in the park’s Hollywood Pictures Backlot and will star the characters and residents of the child-adverse “Monstropolis.”

“These new additions to Disney’s California Adventure become the first new attractions of the next fifty years. Both of these attractions will be a wonderful complement to the innovative attractions and entertainment spectaculars that premiered today as part our 50th anniversary ‘Happiest Homecoming on Earth’ celebration,” said Ouimet.

In the hit 2001 computer-animated film, the residents of Monstropolis generate their city's power by scaring children, and in turn, are terribly afraid themselves of being contaminated by kids. So when an errant little girl nicknamed “Boo” accidentally enters Monstropolis, the city finds its world turned upside down.

In the attraction guests hit the streets of Monstropolis to follow the film’s stars Mike and Sulley on their mission of safely returning “Boo” to her bedroom. Adding to the excitement, guests must elude the frenzy of trucks, helicopters and yellow-suited personnel of the Child Detection Agency.

“Guests will laugh and scream as they dash through Mike and Sulley’s world, getting a Monsters-eye view of this detailed and dimensional city,” says Kevin Rafferty, show producer for Walt Disney Imagineering, creative arm for all Disney parks and resorts. “We’re bringing Monstropolis off the screen and fully to life with hammers and nails, in the classic Disney style of storytelling.”​

CaptainMichael

If Monster's Inc. ride is opening in January, I can't imagine that it will be very impressive...unless they've been secretly working on it. What can you possibly make in only 12 months??? Even Stitch took longer than that.

CaliSurfer182

I am glad to hear Crush will be at DLR when I get there. I have seen him at WDW and my son loves him. Even though it is a cloned attraction it is a nice kid-friendly experience, with great room for development.

I have no doubt that the Monster INC. ride will be awesome (at least for me and my family). With the changes occuring around DLR I am sure they have put a lot of time into avoiding mistakes, and they have no doubt been playing around with the Monster's INC. ideas and concepts for a while.

*YEAH I just hit my 500th post* :)

mwhitney

Monstors INC

Just took a Monorail ride over the backlot for Monstors INC studio at DLCA. I saw about 12 hulls of old-style police cars, appeared to be purple rims and white exterior- probably cars for the new ride. Appear to hold about 9 PAX each.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom