Turtle Trek 360 is back.

MorphinePrince

Turtle Trek 360 is back up and running. The dome is not in 3d sadly but they appear to have cleaned up the projection quality a fair bit so its very nice looking. Not certain if the empire of the penguins is next or not but it will be interesting to see if it has been fixed or not.
I've been at SWO a few times this week and Empire was still not operating.

jeanericuser001

Original Poster
I've been at SWO a few times this week and Empire was still not operating.
It might be that they thinking of removing the random movement of the hovercraft in favor of something with a actual track like a conventional dark ride. That would eliminate the constant breakdowns as well as give them a new attraction to better entertain guests. That could take a while though as it may even require a new vehicle likely. As for the wild arctic, the que area will likely be a house for Howloscream so no need to worry about that one. The circus soliel building has been turned into an Elmo Rocks attraction though I rarely see it running so no clue if its worth the visit or just something to ignore.

Bairstow

I visited Turtle Trek on June 12 and it was certainly in a sad state. There was no 3D and the film was playing in a constant loop, so you just walked in and out. One of the projectors was bugged out, too, so it was only displaying a frozen frame that updated every 10 seconds or so.

20210612-202414.jpg

jeanericuser001

Original Poster
I visited Turtle Trek on June 12 and it was certainly in a sad state. There was no 3D and the film was playing in a constant loop, so you just walked in and out. One of the projectors was bugged out, too, so it was only displaying a frozen frame that updated every 10 seconds or so.

20210612-202414.jpg
You must have caught it while they were still working on fixing it. Someone from maitainence must have forgot to lock the doors as they rarely let people in while they are fixing it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom