Turtle Talk With Crush Lip Synch

applelific

brkgnews said:
Yeah, the lines for that attracation are hella scary. I never thought I'd say this, but I think that one needs to be fastpass ONLY. At least during peak periods. There's too little capacity and too much demand for it to be a standby-friendly experience. Especially when "standby" means "piled up in the middle of the Living Seas main area." By its very nature, the show includes long periods (15 minutes or so) of not moving a single inch. Furthermore, there's absolutely NOTHING to do in the queue (no preshow, no displays, nothing to hold your attention while you wait).

Is this worth seeing? im going next month and the lip sync idea is fasinating...but if the lines are mad outa control i may skip it....

Dr.Seeker

I liked it, though there's a lot of ill will towards it; it's fun, especially for youngsters. Be sure to get there soon after opening as it can't really justify a really long wait.

Have a nice trip.

darthjohnny

TAC said:
I don't know if the technology is available, but I would think it is:

Instead of a CM "doing the voice" of Crush, it would be cool to see some 'black box' that ANYONE could talk into, and the output would sound just like Crush.

Disney could then get 'black boxes' for Mickey, etc, and all the characters could then really talk.

I thought there was a voice modifier for Crush so they don't have to keep hiring people who can do the voice.

aka_emilicious

At Jekyll and Hyde's in NYC, they have a similiar effect to this, where when the staff speaks into a mic, the mounted animal head opens it's mouth and lip synchs. So, I'm guessing it's the same basic principle.

I love that place! I take my friends there everytime we visit NYC. Bit expensive but a lot of fun. I wish they would put a restaurant where characters come alive in Disney also.

coasterridr

I think there is some kind of software to change the cm's voice, it would naturally sound a little different between two cm's because every person has a different voice, that would make crush sound a little different for each cm that does his voice. The software can only change the voice within it's set parameters. (thats my theory anyway)

Personally I think any guy between the age of about 18-30 can kind of get somewhere near Crush's voice it's not hard to do at all. Like all guys can kind of do Borats or Dr Evil's!

Grab shel dooooooooooooooooooooooood!

Einselen

The last time at Turtle Talk there was a mouse arrow on the left hand side of the tank (audience left), it didn't move at all through the presentation and it was hard to notice that I didn't until my girlfriend pointed it out. Anyway back on topic.

I have a theory about Turtle Talk. Clearly there are camera or windows there hence the black boxes by the screen, but I think almost all the voice, animation etc. is preloaded into a computer. I think a CM does do the voice, but only to repeat the kid's name. The reason I think this is because one kid asked if crush has ever been on Test Track. There was a slight, but longer then normal pause and then Crush went on about not going out on the land/sun too much and how living in the water, etc. which had nothing about Disney Rides. That made me think that the CM working crush had to stop and think what was the best canned response to that question, however it could be all voice changer I guess, but I can't notice too much variation.

Mufasa's Pride

I am very dissapointed with Monster's Inc.'s lip synch, Crush always seizes to amaze me. Does anyone less thank that Crush is superior to Monsters?

pixiedust629

Is this worth seeing? im going next month and the lip sync idea is fasinating...but if the lines are mad outa control i may skip it....

ABSOLUTELY. we waited to see it twice, once while standby was at peak. and yeah, it's irritating to wait that long, but I was absolutely entranced by the set design in the queue, and it moves at a steady pace. Plus, it's nice to be in the a/c for a while!! I would have to say that it's definitely on my list of new favorites at WDW. It's one of those things that seems magical in a whole new way, to kids and adults alike, you know?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom