Turkey Legs

I am not the biggest fan of turkey legs, but I have to admit, they are one of the ideal Disney foods. I do know one thing though, the birds love them!!

"America, spread your golden wings across the sky..."

ilovepluto23

scotteh72593 said:
They are too big and dont taste great. if they had bbq sause on it it would pwn :snore:

Yeah, or Tony's Saceres!

I can't believe people think they're too salty! I can't taste any flavor whatsoever.

Scooter

I had a turkey leg once at The Magic Kingdom.
The smell attracted me to the cart.
It was very good but too much work.
I much prefer a turkey sandwich...ya don't have to knaw on any greasy bones.:lol:

dolbyman

WeLuvDisney said:
Not to sure if anyone has posted anything about these turkey legs

jup just look to the bottom of this page ... all filled witth turkey leg threads

They are just so good, I cant wait to go there dig my teeth into one!

YUMMYYYYYYYYYY!!:lol:

yuck :hurl:

tinkish

Considering the size of the turkey legs... I wonder how big the entire turkey is!!! In fact, part of me thinks they might have a secret special lab where they grow only the huge turkey legs, and not the rest of the turkey! :)

tharmscott

My two little girls (5 & 11) and I go early to Fantasmic and get one and enjoy it while we wait. We have an amusement park about 2 hours away from us that we frequent that sells them. They aren't as good but they hold us over until our next trip and bring back great memories of our trips.

Teenchy

tinkish said:
Considering the size of the turkey legs... I wonder how big the entire turkey is!!! In fact, part of me thinks they might have a secret special lab where they grow only the huge turkey legs, and not the rest of the turkey! :)

I've always pictured these little turkeys with these huge Testosterone Legs...sort of like Barry Bonds or Mark McGwire and their arms..:D

MissM

One of the Travel Channel behind the scenes shows talked about them. They use a specific breed of bird and inject a brine to flavor and retain moisture when cooking.

Ah ha! Found it:
Another Signature finger-food snack at WDW is their Giant Turkey Legs.

In fact, they sell 1.5 Million Turkey legs a year. That's a lot of legless turkeys!

Alot of people think they are fake, and perhaps Emu or Ostritch legs, because they are so big. But the turkeys are actually raised in the upper mid-west and weight 40-50 lbs. So the legs you buy are a whopping 1.5 lbs.

The secret to the unique flavor is the salt water curer injected into the leg muscle tissue and then each leg is slow cooked for 6 hours.
I've never had them just because I only eat white meat, but I admit they smell really yummy everytime I'm there. I'd be curious to try a bite, but I don't want to buy a whole one knowing I won't eat it.
-m

SallyShine

MissM said:
One of the Travel Channel behind the scenes shows talked about them. They use a specific breed of bird and inject a brine to flavor and retain moisture when cooking.

Ah ha! Found it:
Another Signature finger-food snack at WDW is their Giant Turkey Legs.

In fact, they sell 1.5 Million Turkey legs a year. That's a lot of legless turkeys!

Alot of people think they are fake, and perhaps Emu or Ostritch legs, because they are so big. But the turkeys are actually raised in the upper mid-west and weight 40-50 lbs. So the legs you buy are a whopping 1.5 lbs.

The secret to the unique flavor is the salt water curer injected into the leg muscle tissue and then each leg is slow cooked for 6 hours.
I've never had them just because I only eat white meat, but I admit they smell really yummy everytime I'm there. I'd be curious to try a bite, but I don't want to buy a whole one knowing I won't eat it.
-m

I saw that show. It was all about the food at WDW. It was really fun. I love to watch people eat the turkey legs. If you hang out in Frontierland, you'll see people nawing on them all over the place.

LudwigVonDrake

I've never eaten one. It looks like you need to take a shower when you're finished :D or at least spend some quality time in the bathroom washing your hands and face :)

disneymojo

My 5 year old and I love the turkey legs. I always get 1 for him and I to share a couple of times during our stay. He ends up taking it from me and I have to beg him to get a bite.

ilovepluto23

tinkish said:

LOL! Maybe they use stem cells from one turkey to keep mass-producing gigantic turkey legs.:lol:

Aurora8305

I love the turkey legs :slurp: , and what is absolutly hilarious about them is the way that people eat them, espicially when you compare the people at WDW and DL. WDW people just eat them off the bone like a carnivore. but at DL the people kept the leg in the bag and tore off little pieces to eat. My family thought this was funny and odd. We were thinking just rip the leg out of the bag and chop on it, which is what most do at WDW. WHen we did this, some were appaled that we at this way while others began to wonder where we found the turkey legs (since they are a fairly new thing at DL).

HHI Surfer

when my sister was applying for the summer college program, they told her that each turkey leg booth does $1 million in profits each year o_O

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom