Turkey Legs

WeLuvDisney

Original Poster
Not to sure if anyone has posted anything about these turkey legs they have at Disney, but they sure are FANTASMIC! They are just so good, I cant wait to go there dig my teeth into one!

YUMMYYYYYYYYYY!!:lol:

KnK

My husband and I spent years making fun of people.......then we tried one! We have several during every trip. One of our favorite lunches is a turkey leg and fries. He can cut the whole thing up in no time. I am the lucky one, I just get to eat all the pieces he cuts up!

Uponastar

The turkey leg is DH's favorite meal at WDW.
I've never been a fan of dark turkey meat, so although I have tried one, I usually pass on it!
He loves them though. Has to have several every trip!

WeLuvDisney

Original Poster
DisneyDragon said:
Hoohaw...I was crushed one day to get to the stand by the HM only to find it closed...

Well thats a bummer. I would ask for my money back for that day! I would insist on it or have them add another day to your ticket!!!

fkflintstone

Turkey legs are very good,as are lots of other things in the parks.Does anyone remember how bad the food used to be?I remember buying nachos in the early 90's and throwing them away because they were so bad.The last two times our family went to Disney for a week we were impressed by how good most of the food was.

slappy magoo

Eh, I prefer breast meat (and no, that isn't inappropriate). Plus, the turkey legs taste incredibly salty to me. I almost think they make 'em like that so you'll have to buy even more soda.

CoffeeJedi

WeLuvDisney said:
Not to sure if anyone has posted anything about these turkey legs they have at Disney
look at the bottom of this page for links to similiar threads... i'd say that they've been a pretty hot topic from time to time

as for me, yeah... too salty
i read somewhere that they sell the turkey legs at a low profit margin, but make up for it many times over by thirsty turkey eaters, but i can't verify that

JEDIsney

I finally tried a turkey leg at the Magic Kingdom, and I liked it. Though I only had a few bites because I'm picky, and I don't like eating the meat off of the leg, I prefer the breast.

But even though they're not my favorite, I don't think that the Magic Kingdom would be the same without them. I love seeing people walk around with them and eating them, and it's great to travel into Frontierland to see the stands and to smell them, it just fits the whole atmosphere.

ilovepluto23

Are you serious? Bleck!:hurl:

I know I sound like an odd opinion here but the Turkey legs are probably the worst thing I've ever tasted at WDW.

Not that I have any objection to anyone else eating them. Lots of people must like them if they're still around of course!

They're too bland for me.

HHI Surfer

haha, it always amazes how people can eat one of those big, greasy turkey legs in 95 degree heat then walk around all day.. that has to sit heavy in your stomach

Scar Junior

I love how "too bland" for some = "too salty" for others.

Me? I get one every trip. And one week backstage at AK (dinoland) they have that CM place to eat and they had a special going with Turkey Legs for only $2 or something. I was the best week ever. I almost got sick of them after that.

Edit: I think it either came with a coke or a side dish. but that's that's neither here nor there.

EpcoTim

HHI Surfer said:
haha, it always amazes how people can eat one of those big, greasy turkey legs in 95 degree heat then walk around all day.. that has to sit heavy in your stomach

I think the same thing. I'm not a meat eater, so I can safely say that i wouldn't enjoy one. The smell does fit in though.

haveyoumetmark

DisneyDragon said:
Hoohaw...I was crushed one day to get to the stand by the HM only to find it closed...

I'm not sure, but iirc there is one in Tomorrowland and one in Frontierland, and Frontierland isn't that far from the HM. :wave:

Sorry you were so crushed about it though.

I've never had one, but this thread makes me want to try one next time I drive up there.

CP17

love those turkey legs, my wife makes fun of me telling me I look like a true carnivore. can't wait until our trip this fall so my 2 yr old can eat one with me.

jonesenon4

:wave: turkey legs are one of the must do things for my family.we get at least one for each of us every year. but it has to be the stand in front of cbj for some reason they seem to taste better here. nice break during the day sit in the shade eat your leg and people watch.next turkey leg break sept 24 06 counting down the days.:wave:

scotteh72593

ilovepluto23 said:
Are you serious? Bleck!:hurl:

I know I sound like an odd opinion here but the Turkey legs are probably the worst thing I've ever tasted at WDW.

Not that I have any objection to anyone else eating them. Lots of people must like them if they're still around of course!

They're too bland for me.

They are too big and dont taste great. if they had bbq sause on it it would pwn :snore:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom