Turkey leg recipe change?

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
Does anyone know if Disney has changed the brine or any other part of their process for preparing the turkey legs? We got three over the course of our last trip (party of six) at three different locations and on different days... Tortuga, Liberty Square, and Hollywood Studios. Each time, the turkey was completely bland. It's usually a salty ham-like flavor and this time it just tasted like plain, borderline-dry turkey meat. Thumbs down if this was an attempt by Disney to make these things "healthier."

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Does anyone know if Disney has changed the brine or any other part of their process for preparing the turkey legs? We got three over the course of our last trip (party of six) at three different locations and on different days... Tortuga, Liberty Square, and Hollywood Studios. Each time, the turkey was completely bland. It's usually a salty ham-like flavor and this time it just tasted like plain, borderline-dry turkey meat. Thumbs down if this was an attempt by Disney to make these things "healthier."
Would not surprise me.

jme

I last visited in 2016 prior to my visit last week. Bought a couple Turkey Legs for my family and was disgusted with them. We through them away after picking at them lightly. I'm glad I decided to search for threads before posting, since it seems like this change was long ago but man... they are NOT what they used to be at all.

Disstevefan1

I have no facts but In my opinion, what ever they did was for cost savings.

In my opinion, when it comes to theme parks, Disney does not do anything for health, environment or quality. It’s all about money.

Hockey89

Maybe they were just good when I was younger but I had one a few years ago and it was terrible..... My dad and I used to love eating them while waiting two hours for splash mountain back in the day.

jme

Yeah, sorry for resurfacing an old thread, but I 100% agree with it despite it's age. What I ate last week was NOT what was being served 9 years ago. I'm honestly suprised they are still selling well enough to keep on menus. Perhaps its all the merch, and first-time guests driving this product but I can say for certain I will never buy one again from a US Disney Park, unless they explicitly announce a change.

They are not the smoked Turkey Legs you can find at your local Renn Faire. They are borderline inedible hunks of dry chewy flavorless meat.

Disstevefan1

I tried one a long time ago. It tasted more like ham if I remember correctly.
THANKS! NOW I HAVE TO TRY ONE AGAIN TO SEE WHAT THEY TASTE LIKE TODAY!
How much do they cost these days?

Club Cooloholic

To be fair I don't think I have had a good Whole Turkey leg anywhere. I think when I was younger I liked them and thought they were fun, but even getting them at Ren Faire they seem stringy and dry.

JIMINYCR

There are some things we have done as a must have snack tradition on every Dis trip, like Dole Whips. Turkey Legs are on our list. Although the taste differs from our turkey legs at home ( Yes I know they are prepared differently), we always get them. Always are massively greasy, needing plenty of napkins on hand, alway very meaty. Our last trip DS and I again got ours but at that time I didnt taste a difference in what we have always gotten. Will be trying out Turkey Legs again on our Oct 24 trip and will see if theres a change.

Lilofan

I last visited in 2016 prior to my visit last week. Bought a couple Turkey Legs for my family and was disgusted with them. We through them away after picking at them lightly. I'm glad I decided to search for threads before posting, since it seems like this change was long ago but man... they are NOT what they used to be at all.
A turkey leg that has almost 6K milligrams of sodium is a hard pass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom