TTA showing connections to sponsor?

Expo_Seeker40

Original Poster
I believe this was mentioned not too long ago, but too make sure...has anyone who went to WDW these past few weeks like myself ride the TTA and notice as we pass EPCOT/Progress City that there are projected words that say..."The city of tomorrow...is [I don't remember] working for you..."

Is this a mild connection to the TTA's new sponsor...who I can't remember.

I mean is there an official date when they do take sponsorship.

I personally would welcome a new speil/ride narration if they do it. I don't mind either way.

"Ladies and Gentlmen...Boys and Girls...the Tomorrowland Transit Authority welcomes you aboard the metroline. You are currently traveling aboard our Blue Line route that will take you on a grand circle-superskyway roundtrip tour of tomorrowland from Rocket Tower Plaza aboard your WEDway Peoplemover." :hammer:

brkgnews

"The city of tomorrow is a great electric machine working for you."

A very odd sponsor message, if that's what it is. I believe the new sponsor is a rent-a-car place (Alamo, maybe?). Unless they're pushing gas-electric hybrid vehicles, it doesn't make much sense. For some reason, that just seems like a throwback to when the progress city model was tied to Carousel of Progress, which was the General Electric pavillion Progressland at the 1964 World's Fair.

GrimGrinningGuy

I'm pretty sure the "City of Tomorrow" is a reference to the original sponsor "Edison Electric". They used that as a chach phrase back then. Check out the original script on www.waltdatedworld.bravepages.com" You can get an idea of how the narrator spoke back then.

The "The city of tomorrow is a great electric machine working for you", is very reminiscent of that narration.

This still is a pretty cool little thing, I'm not sure why it facinated me but it does. I sure wish i knew why it appeared all the sudden.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom