TSM video screwed up...

RSoxNo1

I wasn't aware they were doing anything to the gates on the load side. I thought they were just installing gates on the unload side. What exactly is different about the new load gates that make it difficult to get to the vehicles?

The gates on the load side are now larger (the same gates were put on the unload side). It's similar to what was done at RnR a while ago. It's not a new gate at every seat/row it's a gate that separates the walking path to the ride vehicle with the control booth that the cast member stands at. It also stops guests being able to walk where they can't walk (i.e. jump onto the track).

I also had issues with the video in the Dino Darts game last week. It was blurry/doubled.

mp2bill

Rode TSM twice during recent trip and the same screen had screwed up video both times. View of the screen made it seem like you had double vision and or blurriness.

Is this common?

PS I saw the same problem at TSM in DCA last year.
You hadn't been drinking, had you? Wah wahhhhhhh! ;)

peter11435

The gates on the load side are now larger (the same gates were put on the unload side). It's similar to what was done at RnR a while ago. It's not a new gate at every seat/row it's a gate that separates the walking path to the ride vehicle with the control booth that the cast member stands at. It also stops guests being able to walk where they can't walk (i.e. jump onto the track).

I also had issues with the video in the Dino Darts game last week. It was blurry/doubled.

I don't see how this decreases their hourly capacity.

akc

The hourly capacity decreases because the vehicles take so long to load/unload. Now, the process goes something like this: the vehicle parks, then the unload gates slowly open to meet the vehicle, then the lap bars come up and the CM has to go around the console and the gates to meet the exiting guests, then load that turret (which takes a really long time when one idiot tries to put their baby on the outside of the lapbar or someone is taking a picture and won't sit down), then load the second turret, then go around to the console on the opposite side of the one he/she was at before, then push the button to close the unload gates (which move really slowly), then dispatch the vehicle.
Before, it was the vehicle parks, doors and lapbars come up immediately, guests exit, new guests come in, load them, go back to back console, push go.
The whole process is much much longer and so, the hourly numbers go way down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom