Trying to remember a candy

MDenham

Original Poster
First off: keep in mind it's been nearly 25 years since my last trip to WDW, so there's probably a very large chance that what I'm trying to remember isn't available anymore.

Anyway, there used to be a boxed candy - I believe in Epcot - that was... well, the best way I can think of putting it is "take a York peppermint patty and replace the peppermint filling with orange/lemon/lime filling".

1) Does anyone else remember what I'm talking about?
2) Is it still available (and if so, how much)?
3) ...pictures of the box, please? :D

Pooh Lover

I see those different flavored patties every time I go to MCO airport, at the Hudson News & Gifts stand (in the main terminal.) I always pick up a few boxes for my Mother every time we are there. I'm not sure if all the different flavored ones are on Disney property (I am certain they carry the coconut patties) but I'm sure you can find the orange, lime, coconut and pina colada flavors at the airport. I checked Amazon and they are currently out of them but will notify you when they are back in stock.

slappy magoo

I'm not sure the candy but to elaborate on what Pooh Lover is saying/thinking (or what I THINK Pooh Lover is thinking), if it was something you got at Epcot, especially if it were in the World Showcase section, then there's a really good chance that it's not something exclusive to WDW. The pavilions for each nation at World Showcase have all sorts of pre-packaged treats that are common in those particular nations. Best example I can think of would be the UK pavilion selling all sorts of Cadbury candies. Granted, Cadbury isn't exactly an unknown company here in the States, but they have all sort of candy bars, comparable to Nestle & Hershey's here, that they otherwise don't sell in American stores. So once you know the candy you're thinking of, it is extremely possible you'd be able to get it shipped to your home. I know it's been a while, but do you at least remember WHERE in Epcot you found it? Was it a WS pavilion?

MDenham

Original Poster
I know it's been a while, but do you at least remember WHERE in Epcot you found it? Was it a WS pavilion?
Pretty sure it was, and something at the back of my head wants to say either France or Germany, but I'm really not sure about that.

EDIT: And part of the reason I'm trying to figure out what it is is so that I don't have to wait until next September's trip to get some of these (though I'm pretty sure that if I get a box of them, they'll all be gone within 2-3 days :D).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom